luna99's WDW wedding thread!

luna99

Original Poster
This is all so exciting! A Disney wedding just seems like the only way to do it haha :p

you know, my mom told me the other day on the phone that my aunt said something like.. "what's this about getting married at disney world?"....

you see, I live in new york and my family is in texas.. I'm going to texas in about a week for christmas and I can already hear my family now.. I know I'm going to have some relatives making fun of me for doing it in disney.. but I'm going to prepare myself for it and not let their comments get to me.

I knew going into this that a lot of my family wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding.. (in all honestly, I kinda wanted a small wedding like that anyway! I couldn't imagine standing up in front of hundreds of people.. all eyes on me! it would have made me so nervous!) so that's why this was the perfect way for us.

I just know some people are going to make fun.. "ooh, disney world" "will mickey be marrying you?" etc..etc... and I guess I do get a little embarrassed when people say stuff like that or call me a "disney nut".... but I shouldn't right? I mean... I should say it with pride! YES! I LOVE DISNEYWORLD! :sohappy:

lilclerk

I mean... I should say it with pride! YES! I LOVE DISNEYWORLD! :sohappy:

Exactly! I'm sure all the people who make comments to you have their own "things" they adore and get made fun of for.
Besides, it's your wedding! You should do it your way, not for anyone else :)

katedvc

If they do tease you a bit, it's probably just because they're secretly jealous that Mickey Mouse wasn't a guest at their wedding!

Don't let it bother you, just do what you feel is right for you and your husband to be. That is what it's about, after all.

And don't worry...I'll stand up with you and say it loud and proud:
I'M A DISNEY NUT!!!

Jessie&Buzz

1st of all Congrats on your upcoming Disney wedding! I honeymooned there 10 years ago!

2nd this is a cool post. I just took the time to read the whole thing. I love that you are including everything.

3rd we just stayed at POFQ and yes it's very quiet and could be very romantic.

Good luck with the planning and your diet. I can't wait to read more. My dream is to renew my vows on my 25th anniversary which will be the same time as Disney World's 50th!

nyscene911

Hello everyone!

I'm super excited to be able to do this blog of sorts about the planning process of my WDW wedding and hopefully all of you will enjoy the "ride" along with me.

I called the wedding hotline number last night with my calendar and a notebook in hand, ready to take notes if needed.

The woman I spoke with (I wish I could remember her name! :brick: ) was very sweet and friendly. She took down some basic information from me.... Name, where I live, where my wedding guests would be coming from, what kind of wedding I'd like to have (intimate or custom), when I'd like to have it, my fiance's name, and why we were choosing a disney wedding.

I got to tell her a little about how my finace and I met (online! we knew each other for six years!) and she said she thought that was very cool and sounded genuinely excited for us! It was really quite fun just talking to her.

She gave our information to a wedding coordinator and we are supposed to hear something by the end of the week. I'm hoping I get a great coordinator who is fun and patient with me. I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions!

So that's it so far.. We are hoping to get the wedding date of September 1st 2007 .. which is a saturday and the monday following it is labor day. I thought that would be nice so everyone will have an extra day off of work or school and would make it a bit easier.

I hope you all don't mind reading along with me for the next nine months! :p

I'll try to post a picture up soon of me and my fiance. thanks!!! :sohappy:

First time I saw this thread so: Congratulations on your wedding! I found the date kind of funny, because my finacee and I are getting married the next day(Sunday the 2nd--sunday rates at halls are cheaper) and flying down to WDW on that monday.

Anyway, good luck with everything!

luna99

Original Poster
thanks for all the congratulations and happy new year everyone!
I can now say I'm getting married THIS YEAR! :sohappy:

as far as the progression of my wedding goes.. I have received a letter in the mail saying who my wedding coordinator is (can't remember her name off the top of my head right now) and did get an email saying our wedding website was ready too.

the website is nice .. pretty simple.. and they messed up on one thing so I need to contact them about it (They got the grooms name wrong! haha).

I've been calling the women I'm supposed to contact about the website for the last two days but she's not answering.. I"ve left her two messages so hopefully she'll get back with me soon.

That's about it.. not anything else to report... sorry guys! I wish there was more exciting stuff to share!

we do have our guest list finally completed and I'm in the process of looking at wedding dresses... but that's about it. "Talk" to you all later! :wave:

luna99

Original Poster
hey... a sorta update for everyone! I got the wedding planning email today!!:sohappy:

My fiance is going to print it out and bring it home and we'll look it over tonight.. yay! finally things feel like they are moving again. Our wedding coordinator's name is Juliana Acosta, I still haven't talked to her on the phone yet, and I'll fill you all in on the wedding planning email and the paperwork that comes with it later in the week.

hope everyone is doing well! :D

haven't read the post in a while, but just got caught up. isn't kind of funny how excited people are for you? i mean that in a good way because i have no idea who you are but get totally giddy just reading your posts! i am so excited for you and am like 80% happy and 20% jealous:p!

if your fiance doesn't read your posts will you tell us what your dress looks like? i love hearing details about that stuff!

By the way, did your family grill you about the wdw wedding over xmas? i don't think that many people realize the joy of having a location wedding. first of all, great pics. no cheesy wedding hall or studio pics (had both at mine, so no one tie me to the stake for mocking either one). think of how beautiful your background will be (please imagine me sitting here in front of my computer screen in cold michigan gazing longingly at nothing imagining a beautiful, warm wedding-sigh). and second, just like you said, fewer guests. hopefully, that means only the people you REALLY want there.

sometimes i just can't help my cynical, sarcastic nature :lookaroun.

to quote lynda, from coffee talk (mike myers, snl days):

"all this talk about weddings, is getting me all feclempted...please talk amongst yeselfs...here i will give you a topic...duran duran is neither a duran nor a duran-Discuss."

ooo, one other thing, are you having bridesmaids? dresses? colors?

i have no job now...need reading blogs....

luna99

Original Poster
haha.. you're hilarious emmersandjack! :ROFLOL:

sorry I haven't been around here lately.. just getting busy with life and stuff.. i'm sure you all know how that goes.

to answer the questions:

No, I'm not having bridesmaids. I'm only going to have my sister stand up with me as my maid of honor. I have three best girlfriends.. one of which unfortunately passed away two summers ago.. one who can't make it to the wedding because of financial reasons (she just got married herself and has two kids to feed!) .. and one who says she'll be there but she'll be living in *Italy* at the time.. so if she doesn't make it all the way to florida, I'd totally understand why.

colors: I haven't decided yet believe it or not!! At first, since it was just my sister up there with me.. I told her to pick whatever color she wanted and it was fine with me.. but now I"m looking at bridal magazines and I am starting to think I want a light blue.. like a robins egg blue.. with a darker, aqua blue and white. Or maybe I'll do lavendar and a beautiful light summer green color.

dress: Haven't picked it out yet. I went trying dresses on a few weeks ago and didn't like how the whole thing went down. I'm a plus size girl and when I walked in they were handing me dresses in size 8's.. (and bridal gowns are made smaller than regular sizes anyway) and told me just to try them on as far as they would go on! I don't know if that's the normal way dress shopping is :shrug: but come on! I'm not going to buy a dress based on how it sorta fit me in a size 8! am I right? I think so! haha. I'm going serious dress shopping at the beginning of march... and I'm working out hardcore until then! :sohappy:

umm... what else?

I talked to my wedding coordinator on the phone.. Juliana Acosta.. who was sooo sweet and kind! I asked if we could substitue the flute player or whatever instrument it is they use by default with the acoustic guitar and not be charged and she said that was totally fine! My fiance and I are more guitar people anyway.

She answered all of my questions and all we have to do now is:

fill out the packet with the wedding choices.
get my dress
get his suit
buy his wedding band!
contact and book an officiant
get the marriage licence
and show up!

Of course ..the more I read bridal magazines, the more ideas I get and I start to make it complicated :brick: .. the purpose of this was to make things simple! But I know either way it's going to turn out great!

My fiance has two nephews who are 4 and 7 and their parents aren't telling them until they get on the plane that they are going to disneyworld!! they aren't going to be able to come to the ceremony because we already have too many people and they would probably be bored.. but I can't wait to do one of the disney parks with them for the first time! How fun to see disney through the eyes of a child.

I'll think of more to post when I can.... things are working out well though!

oh, and we booked our honeymoon.. we're going to ARUBA for a week!!!

ok, I really gotta go.. I'll post more later..

I haven't forgotten about you guys! you're all so wonderful for reading this and this is such an awesome board for help and questions and just anything disney! I can't wait!! :p

Teenchy

get his suit

contact and book an officiant

If you dont mind 2 suggestions since I just got married in WDW in December.

If your looking for a tuxedo I highly suggest www.carolynallens.com see this link for special Mickey style http://www.carolynallens.com/tuxedos/accessories/mickey_vests.htm

I had the White (backless)..classy but still a bit of Disney flair.

And second I cant tell you how great Rev.Jack Day was, I cant imagine that anyone could have made our ceremony any better than him. (further details in my post..link in my signature)

Good luck cant wait to hear more.

UKHelen

Hi, I have just found this thread and have read it all so far and can't wait for more updates!!! I love weddings and Disney so this is a great combination!!

I am getting married in October this year (following a complete surprise proposal on Christmas Day 06) and my WDW mad fiance doesn't want to go there for our honeymoon. I was soooo surprised. I would have happily got married and honeymooned there but it's a bit different for me 'cos I've been married before.....His reason for not going to WDW is that he wants our honeymoon to be something different than we have done before and something that he has only done with me which I understand and think is sweet. In case anyone is interested (and I now fel like I'm hi-jacking this thread but weddings in general make me excited and once I start talking about mine I get carried away!), we are going to New Hampshire (5 days)then San Fransisco (7 days), San Diego (4 days) and Las Vegas (2 days). Can't wait..........

But first there's a small matter of our WDW trip in April..........

Congratulations to everyone who is getting married wether it's at WDW or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the next update and good luck with the dress shopping.......

(to the the tune of "where in the world is carmen sandiego?")..

where in the world is luna's updated wedding details?.....

anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?

J_Krafty24

Wow, talk about your coincidences. I have the 12:00 wedding slot at seabreeze point for September 1st. We also met online (have now known each other for almost 5 years) and he has never been to Disney before. After about a month of trying to plan a big traditional wedding (with nearly 200 guests) we said enough with this and switched to a nice small Disney wedding. Good Luck with your wedding planning!

luna99

Original Poster
Wow J Krafty! That's pretty cool!

Sorry it's been so long everyone..

so here's what's happening:

Not much! haha... no really though...

* I contacted Rev. Jack Day and he sent me something called "jack's pack" .. it basically has like 5 different services to choose from and I have to fill it out and send it back. I really should get on that this week because if I don't, I don't know how long he'll hold the spot for. If I remember correctly his fee is something like 100 or 150 dollars.

* I've picked out my colors. White, Pink, and a pale green, almost like a mint type color. Since I'm not going to have a huge wedding party (just my sister and my DF's brother) it won't be as bold of a statement as I'd like, but hopefully it will still look pretty.

* I made reservations for us all at Ohanas for dinner at five. I was going to try to time it so we'd be eating dinner as wishes was going off, but that was SO LATE.. we're going to have two young kids at dinner and DF's mom who is much older plus I personally don't really like eating dinner at 9 oclock at night.. so 5:00 it is! Which is really better anyway because that's the time Ohanas opens up and we'll all be seated together.

* We have been looking for my DF's wedding band.. hopefully he'll pick that soon.

* We decided to go to aruba for the honeymoon and paid it off already! I"m so excited.

* Haven't done any dress shopping yet! I know, I know! my time is running out... but I'm going to NYC in about a month so I'm going to look there and if all else fails I guess there is david's bridal. I really am not so keen on the idea of buying a dress from a huge bridal warehouse like david's.. and I kinda want something more simple .. so we'll see. Hopefully I don't want so long that I just have to pick a dress because I"m running out of time! :confused:

* We decided to have a guitar player instead of the violin player that comes iwth the intimate ceremony and my wedding coordinator said that would be fine and at no extra cost.

* We are all going to eat at the hoop de do musical revue on thursday, the first day we get into orlando. I'm pretty excited about it and i've never been before.

* We are going with an outside photographer.. randy chapman. I have heard great things about him and seen his photos.. he does awesome work.. and because of that, the disney photographer that came with our package will take pics of us later in a park as our "honeymoon photo shoot" I think we are going to do it at animal kingdom. We will be in just our everyday normal clothing but they should be nice.

Ok, I think that's it.. or that's all I can remember right now.. hope I didn't say repeat myself.. and I probably left something out I"m sure. I'll be back and post more later as it gets closer.. hopefully I won't be gone for as long as I was before this update!

thanks guys!!!:sohappy:

I highly recommend staying away from Davids. I felt so pressured there to "buy right now becasue this dress won't be here later!" The dress that I liked there was one of thier special order dresses and eventhough they told me it would soon be discontinued, I still saw it in all the magazines as much as 8 months later.:rolleyes:

I found a beautiful (much higher quality dress) that was less expensive and I had excellent customer service at a small local shop. When my dress came in, it didn't fit at all (of course I thought I was going to be able to lose lots of weight pre-wedding:rolleyes: ) they actually ordered me a new dress....not to many places will do something like that. I recommend finding a small shop and get very friendly with the staff...they can really help make things a lot easier for you.

I had the same problem with the small dress sizes. I went to a couple different bigger stores (with a wide variety of sizes) and tried on as many different styles as I could. Once you have an idea of what style you are looking for it is easier to get an idea if that tiny little dress is what you want.

We also honeymooned in Aruba last May. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect...sunny with a light breeze everyday. I'll have to talk to my DH and get the names of some of the restaurants that we ate at....they were amazing!

luna99

Original Poster
I highly recommend staying away from Davids.

We also honeymooned in Aruba last May. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect...sunny with a light breeze everyday. I'll have to talk to my DH and get the names of some of the restaurants that we ate at....they were amazing!

yeah, I really don't want to get a dress there just based on the fact that it's a big bridal chain .. kinda like eating at McDonalds to me if that makes sense. Hell, I may end up just buying a simple white sundress from old navy and calling it a day. ;)

wow, I"d love to hear more about your aruba trip!! where did you stay? we're doing an all inclusive at the Occidental.... we have the honeymoon package and the royal something or other club thing too.. I'm really excited! it sounds so completely amazing! And yes, I'd love to hear about where you ate and the downtown area and everything! did you go to the natural pool? I hear it's really a great thing to do but it sounds dangerous to get there and like you have to climb down some jagged rocks to get in it! eek! :eek:

J_Krafty24

I too would recommend going through a smaller local shop. I picked my dress out this past weekend. I started my search at David's Bridal but they were very pushy. After telling the woman several times that I did NOT want a veil she still went and actually put on one me. However I am glad that I went to David's bridal first because they have at least one of almost every style in your size. You can go there and try on several different styles to start getting a better idea of what you are really looking for and what fits/looks best. The smaller shop that I went to only had one size of each dress.

luna99

Original Poster
I too would recommend going through a smaller local shop. I picked my dress out this past weekend. I started my search at David's Bridal but they were very pushy. After telling the woman several times that I did NOT want a veil she still went and actually put on one me. However I am glad that I went to David's bridal first because they have at least one of almost every style in your size. You can go there and try on several different styles to start getting a better idea of what you are really looking for and what fits/looks best. The smaller shop that I went to only had one size of each dress.

I've heard they are pushy as well... ugh.
I'm not wearing a veil either.. I keep thinking about the weather in September in florida and the last thing I want is a piece of cloth covering my face !! I'm actually looking for a dress that will be cool and comfortable.

could I see a pic of the dress you chose J Krafty? that's so cool that you'll be getting married RIGHT AFTER me.. we should say hello! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom