Low-flow shower heads at CSR: Spawn of Satan?

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone else noticed these new shower heads at Coronado Springs? The water stream coming out of them can't be more than 3 inches wide. You'd be better off spitting on each other to get clean!

Len

Craig & Lisa

I don't mind the low flow, I mind the low height. I'm 6'6", so I have to dip down to just get wet. Just once I'd like to not have to bend down.:eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
I live in FL, and our water is extremely hard. If I don't take the showerhead apart and soak it in vinegar every few weeks, I get a low flow showerhead without even trying. :lol: Perhaps that is the case at CSR? Or, it could be on purpose. I'm just thankful that the resorts don't use the low flow toilets, but rather use the turbo charged ones. :lol:

scpergj

I'm trying to remember (morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet)...

I THOUGHT...but my memory might not be working yet (see above coffee comment) that they had shower massage type shower heads at some (all) of the resorts that I've stayed at. Now, I've never stayed at a DVC (Boardwalk, but on the Inn side), and I could swear they had shower massages.

Then again, that may have only been at one, not all. Showers are also before my morning coffee...

Kevin

speck76

Problem: Low water to sava money for Mouse.

Solution: Wal-Mart shower head and pliers, taka with you
The Disney hotels have been very active in becoming "green lodging certified"..... for the amount of people that visit, it takes a major toll on our natural resources.

It is highly unfortunate that our selfish culture immediately takes a defensive stand against efforts to preserve this planet for future generations....

http://florida.earth911.org/usa/master.asp?s=lib&a=greenlodging/default.asp

Certification Features:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Water Conservation

Low flush commodes in guest rooms. Automatic flush commodes in public areas. Low flow showerheads in guest rooms. Low flow faucets in guest rooms. Automatic faucets in public areas. Pressure washers rather than hose wash down. Reclaimed water for irrigation. Linen reuse program. Water pressure reduction for whole facility. Automate prinklers that gages amount of rainfall

Energy Efficiency

Florescent lighting used where it is acceptable for “show quality” and “theme” concerns, CO2 sensors installed in convention space to reduce make up air use, Sensors on all outdoor lighting, Programmable thermostats, Energy Management System.

Waste Reduction

Recycling office paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, steel, newspaper, food waste, toner cartridges, plastic six pack rings, and glossy brochures. Purchase at least 30% post-consumer recycled content office paper, paper towels, and paper napkins. Institutes bulk purchasing, reduced packaging, and refillable ink cartridges.

Clean Air Practices

Positive pressure maintained in guest rooms, CO2 sensors in convention space. Use of low VOC, or no VOC, paint. Filter change schedule maintained. Uses environmentally preferable cleaners. Uses HEPA filters.

Communication

Environmental program updates given at leadership and front-line meetings on a regular basis. Monthly information, news and updates posted on bulletin boards. Fun facts posted regularly. Environmental Team meetings twice each month.

Dangeresque

The Disney hotels have been very active in becoming "green lodging certified"..... for the amount of people that visit, it takes a major toll on our natural resources.

It is highly unfortunate that our selfish culture immediately takes a defensive stand against efforts to preserve this planet for future generations....

There is a tremendous amount of resources used to fly a family of 4 to Orlando, transport them to WDW, transport them around the parks all week, run the parks, feed them etc. and we're felling all good about it because we saved 5 gallons of water that week.

Disney05

Stayed at Coronado a few weeks ago. We were in the Cabanas. The water pressure was incredibly strong. And the pump they have in the toilet tank would flush a bowling ball it's so powerful!

GSpiff

Low flow shower heads??

Oh I don't like the sound of that!!

/Seinfeld fans, remember that one?

Looks like I'll have to start packing my own showerhead, the ones they use for cleaning elephants at the circus. Wonder how that'll look going through airport security...

bassman

this isnt good news for me.

me nad my family are staying at CSR at the end of september.
are these showeres all like this or are they just a isolated incident,and also i am 6 ft 2 and i have a problem with all hotel showers,ive just had to get used to it.:lol:

zjer

There is a tremendous amount of resources used to fly a family of 4 to Orlando, transport them to WDW, transport them around the parks all week, run the parks, feed them etc. and we're felling all good about it because we saved 5 gallons of water that week.

Yes we are. Conserve where you can.

speck76

even more reason to conserve :wave:

marypoppins68

I just stayed at week at Coronado and while I noticed the shower heads were different from those at Port Orleans I didn't notice any difference in the flow. The water pressure was always great. Never had a problem with the shower at all.

Slowjack

I don't personally have a problem with low-flow showerheads (I've kinda developed the expectation that water pressure in a hotel will be sub-par). And I applaud Disney's "enviromentality" program in general. But stating that people who oppose them are selfish people who don't want our planet to survive is a tad harsh, don't you think? I mean, aren't there some things a hotel could do in the name of conservation that would bug you? Isn't it possible that some people enjoy their showers more than you and might have a different perspective on the cost/benefit ratio?

Thelazer

oh BOO HOOO!

Get over it. Just cause your on vacation doesn't mean you can use up all the damn water you want. We have a MAJOR shortage of water here in CFL. Pretty soon everyone who lives here won't have enough water to drink or bath in. It's not far that only those of us who live here are being asked to cut back, while those on vacation can go whole hog.

:mad:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have been hoping to see watterless urinals start appearing in the men's bathrooms. The amount of water that they could save could easily be ten of thousands of gallons per day if they were installed park wide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom