Lots of police activity at All Star Movies [11/17/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittz

Ok experts, radios get cluttered with too many people talking all at once. Only one person can talk at a time. All information incoming goes through dispatch and the radio frequency stays clear so that command and dispatch can efficiently disburse information. Nothing to do with radios triggering bombs, or causing fires.

When we have an incident or a chase we do the same thing. Clear the air, critical info only.

boufa, Today at 8:32 PM

DINGDINGDING

Disney 10-100 means all security should keep traffic off the radios unless it is directly related to the incident that began the 10-100. Also 10-100 is restricted to one park/resort/area on property, 10-someothernumber means bigger and covering more areas.

This could be anything from chemical spill to kid with an item that resembles a weapon...etc. Not necessarily anything to do with a bomb.

PhotoDave219

DINGDINGDING

Disney 10-100 means all security should keep traffic off the radios unless it is directly related to the incident that began the 10-100. Also 10-100 is restricted to one park/resort/area on property, 10-someothernumber means bigger and covering more areas.

This could be anything from chemical spill to kid with an item that resembles a weapon...etc. Not necessarily anything to do with a bomb.

Not necessarily, but in this instance....

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
If anyone is a local and has a scanner here's the WDW frequency list

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/wdw/wdw_freqs.html

FYI this is very out of date. In late 2005-8 they transitioned over to an encrypted P25 system. Everything from Security to EMS to Fire is fully encrypted an not accessible via standard scanner. If there is something major and mutual aid from beyond RCID is required, their interop channels with Orange County are unencrypted and available as an online feed on Broadcastify.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/363

Castle Cake Apologist

I saw a left bag on the bridge at BOG and notified a CM. She asked around and no one knew whos it was so she picked it up and carried it off. I was a little weirded out, thinking there would be some minor protocol for left bags. I guess they figure safe enough since they do check bags at the entrances...

That was certainly not the protocol for an unattended / suspicious bag when I worked at MK. We called security and definitely didn't handle the bag. Sounds like she wasn't trained properly or isn't following proper procedure.

Glad everything turned out okay tonight. The world is getting scarier by the week.

mf1972

thankfully no one was hurt & kudos to the staff for doing their jobs & keeping everyone safe.
if this was a sick joke, throw the book at them.

R W B

:rolleyes: Kids.

For starters, legit assailants don't phone in threats. Element of surprise is everything.
Second, what a waste of time & resources.
Last Spring someone called in a bomb threat to LSU's campus and it was evacuated. They ended up catching the guy and I'm not sure the exact charges but they charged him with something I hadn't heard of previously because the total amount of money spent/lost between the college, first responders, bomb squad and anyone else that was disrupted by this calculated out to be over 1 million dollars and that was Just for 6-8 hours. It's silly how much these "pranks" cost.

Arthur Wellesley

Last Spring someone called in a bomb threat to LSU's campus and it was evacuated. They ended up catching the guy and I'm not sure the exact charges but they charged him with something I hadn't heard of previously because the total amount of money spent/lost between the college, first responders, bomb squad and anyone else that was disrupted by this calculated out to be over 1 million dollars and that was Just for 6-8 hours. It's silly how much these "pranks" cost.
And it's disturbing how idiots like this find these "pranks" even slightly humorous or entertaining.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I saw a left bag on the bridge at BOG and notified a CM. She asked around and no one knew whos it was so she picked it up and carried it off. I was a little weirded out, thinking there would be some minor protocol for left bags. I guess they figure safe enough since they do check bags at the entrances...
Very wrong of the CM.

I found a bag by the Space Mountain VIP patio (remember that?) and the response was the opposite, and the proper one. Same when I found one in the hub at Kiss Goodnight. Both times were impressive in how it was handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom