Lots of police activity at All Star Movies [11/17/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reis25

Guests have been given the all clear at All Star Movies. It is unclear what prompted the evacuation. I hear drill, fire alarm and bomb threat. Chip and co

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
10-100 Alert-remain in contact w/sta.

This typically involves radio silence. everything is relayed through telephones. From what I recall they typically go to this if they find a potential explosive device but it could really be anything to be honest.

With the Paris event a few days ago all police departments are on a higher state of alert and Thus WDW is as well.

Something is definitely up.

With a code 100 I'd assume bomb threat as most police radios these days are P25 digital radios with encryption, The radio silence is likely to prevent the radios from accidentally triggering the devices.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Gotta take that seriously given what happened this week.

Hopefully they'll find the kid, prosecute him and ban him for life.

I'd just issue a length of chain to each of the turfed out guests and make the dude run the gauntlet. Cheap effective and if he lives through it dude will NEVER do it again.

boufa

Ok experts, radios get cluttered with too many people talking all at once. Only one person can talk at a time. All information incoming goes through dispatch and the radio frequency stays clear so that command and dispatch can efficiently disburse information. Nothing to do with radios triggering bombs, or causing fires.

When we have an incident or a chase we do the same thing. Clear the air, critical info only.

DManRightHere

After the Boston Marathon bombing, I was working at WOD and we evacuated part of the store because someone left a bag unattended. Of course it turned out to be nothing but security was called. I'm praying that's all this is.

I saw a left bag on the bridge at BOG and notified a CM. She asked around and no one knew whos it was so she picked it up and carried it off. I was a little weirded out, thinking there would be some minor protocol for left bags. I guess they figure safe enough since they do check bags at the entrances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom