lots of news from micechat.com

WDW Monorail

Are you talking about the barge used in Illuminations? So Illuminations will not be the complete show beginning next month?

Yes, starting sometime in February (apparentaly delayed from January), the Earth Barge used in Illuminations will undergo a refurb of it's Systems including LEDs and light changes. Much more information is available on this in a different thread.

Amy_Callaghan

If anyone cares, while I was at Epcot the other day...I saw several guys with blueprints in their hands while waiting for my family to take pictures with the characters in Character Connection. The blueprints said in big bold letters "CHARACTER MEET AND GREET REHAB". No other details other than that.

/maybe the bus is coming back for awhile?
//expansion?

I'm interested. I wonder what they have planned?

mk4me

Yes, starting sometime in February (apparentaly delayed from January), the Earth Barge used in Illuminations will undergo a refurb of it's Systems including LEDs and light changes. Much more information is available on this in a different thread.

Could you please share the link to that thread, if you have it?

jedimaster1227

jedimaster do you work for Disney? It seems like you really know what your talking about. Also does someone named mkt or something like that work for Disney? Because both of you have been talking about the imagination rehab like it's confirmed. Just wondering because I would be very happy if they brought Imagination somewhere close to its original iteration.

No, I don't work for Disney, but I do talk to several Imagineers (those of whom will remain unnamed), other workers at WDI, workers in WDW construction and WDW R&D and a few marketing managers. Also, I have made plenty of friends that have connected me to their higher up friends. Along with all of this, I am at the parks every single week (as I have been for the last 5 months), so I keep up with the news. Most of the time, I know about certain projects within WDI's folder or Disney's schedule at least 6 months before work is even started (such as the Siemens deal at Epcot or the Nemo-fication of The Living Seas [which I knew about 2 years before Phase I began]. So, you can say that I know what I am talking about, but others would say that isn't true. It really just depends on what you believe, and if you believe what I report...

Are they EVER going to get rid of HISTA? It's day has gone and passed a long long time ago. I am 21 now and I know for sure I was in elementary school when Honey, I Shrunk the Kids premiered. The ENTIRE Imagination Pavillion needs to go down, so while I love love love Figment and want to see him return to his glory, I'd like to have something else to visit besides skipping HISTA for the past 10 years.

Yes, HISTA will be history, but it won't be before the rest of the pavilion is redone. The Magic Eye Theater has a new show in store for it that will tie all aspects of the pavilion together in one theme.

nibblesandbits

jedimaster1227 said:
Yes, HISTA will be history, but it won't be before the rest of the pavilion is redone. The Magic Eye Theater has a new show in store for it that will tie all aspects of the pavilion together in one theme.

I gotta say, if this rumor is true...it will be very welcome! HISTA is so dated.

dxwwf3

I gotta say, if this rumor is true...it will be very welcome! HISTA is so dated.

Yes it is, but it's still a crowd pleaser. For instance, two of my friends went with us to Epcot for their first time there on NYE. And I believe that they were more impressed with Soarin' and HISTA than anything else they saw. Every time I see the show, there are still a ton of laughs and jump moments. Personally, I think HISTA is 2nd only to Muppet Vision when it comes to Disney 3D movies.

It would be nice to see a new film though.......as long as the ride gets a lengthy rehab as well.

jedimaster1227

I would be soooo happy if it's true. And if not.... there be squalls ahead.:p

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the squalls to end, even if the rehab goes forth (which it will).

The Imagination rehab will really be the true crowd pleaser that version two should have been in the first place-plus we will be reuinited with an old friend.

nibblesandbits

Yes it is, but it's still a crowd pleaser. For instance, two of my friends went with us to Epcot for their first time there on NYE. And I believe that they were more impressed with Soarin' and HISTA than anything else they saw. Every time I see the show, there are still a ton of laughs and jump moments. Personally, I think HISTA is 2nd only to Muppet Vision when it comes to Disney 3D movies.

It would be nice to see a new film though.......as long as the ride gets a lengthy rehab as well.
See, I view Philharmagic as better than HISTA...and I like Muppet 3D after Philharmagic.

HISTA comes in at least 3rd...maybe 4th as I've only seen ITTBAB once.

dxwwf3

See, I view Philharmagic as better than HISTA...and I like Muppet 3D after Philharmagic.

A lot of people share your same opinion. However, I really enjoy the backstory to HISTA and the music as well. Those intangibles put it over the MK and AK 3D films for me.

FigmentJedi

Can I start quoting Zim again regarding Dreamfinder's potential return? Even though these are just rumors on the internets? Fine then, I'm still doing it:

"I can't believe he's back!"
"My heart explodes with joy!(passes out)"

imagineer boy

A lot of people share your same opinion. However, I really enjoy the backstory to HISTA and the music as well. Those intangibles put it over the MK and AK 3D films for me.

I agree. I love HISTA. Even though it is a bit dated to us and we know what's going to happen, alot of regular guests don't. The last time I went on it, the whole audience was laughing and screaming hysterically.

smayco

I agree, Philharmagic is by far the best 3D movie in WDW. I'd probably pick ITTBAB as second, and then put Muppet 3D in 3rd place. I only saw HISTA once and wasn't all that impressed. (Perhaps my huge fear of mice had something to do with it!:eek: )

~Sue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom