lots of news from micechat.com

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
When I was on the College Program back in 1994 - we got to go "after hours" and be a test audience...talk about fun!

They were really testing the motion of the floor - getting it timed right with actual people on it as a large group, but it was the first time they'd show it to "the public"...

Of course there was a lot of down time, but we got to see the show about 4 times before it was all over. We laughed the whole time at each other with the mice. :sohappy:

When I get back to WDW for my twice a year visits...do I go see it, sometimes. But when you know when and what's going to happen, it's not that big a deal to miss. If I do go...I enjoy the audience reaction probably more than the show it's self. It still does get the screams and wooo's and ahhhh's.

I do LOVE the preshow - I just love the music and pictures. Still brings a tear to my eye sometimes!
And of course...the "For your safety, Do not put on your saftey glasses till you are safely seated safely inside the theater, safely" line. LOVE IT!:p

Is it outdated...well, kinda - I mean...The movies are going on over 18 years old now (1989 HISTK came out)...and this particular show is now going on 13 years. Is it time for something new and fresh to go in there...probably so. But then again..bring back the 2nd floor of Imagination..and you've got a whole new pavillion to begin with...but that's just me!:hammer:

dxwwf3

I agree PlutoInAtlanta. That's something I can't believe I forgot, the floor motion of the show. I think that effect is one of the best at WDW. I know they didn't use that at Philharmagic because "it didn't need it" (Disney words, not mine), but I really think it would have added to that show.

I like Philharmagic, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like a glorified greatest hits show to me. It's 4th on my list, but I still think it's good.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I agree with YOU dxwwf3 -- The floor moving is what makes HISTA that much more - making it audience participation (if you will).

for me...
1) ITTBAB
2) HISTA
3) a tie - Muppets and PhilHrmMgc

I like 1 & 2 becuase of the other show elements that make you feel like you are there with the characters in the movie.

Muppets and Phil...are great 3D movies - but I don't feel like I'm in the movie with them, but more that I'm watching it take place with special effects thrown in around me.

On a side note ****
Speaking of Muppets, and i'm sure it's been mentioned on here before...but since we are on the topic -- in the preshow area, how many of you have noticed right as you walk in hanging from the ceiling is "a net full of jello" --- get it...Annette Funicello.
There are many more items like that tucked away in the preshow area - which is why I like the Muppets preshow as #1 in my book.

tirian

Very few of these are really "news": it has been mentioned before that the only immediate* plans for the MK are refurbishments/enhancements. The HM gift shop has been rumored for a while; at one point, a tunnel was to connect the attraction to a morgue or wine cellar area. Ideas get bounced around, dropped, and picked back up all the time.

* Disclaimer: MK management is adamant about refurbishing the entire park, eventually adding at least one new E-ticket, and making the place "better than Disneyland again." The California park's 50th anniversary was the first time that the place was better maintained than the Florida parks!

dxwwf3

* Disclaimer: MK management is adamant about refurbishing the entire park, eventually adding at least one new E-ticket, and making the place "better than Disneyland again." The California park's 50th anniversary was the first time that the place was better maintained than the Florida parks!

:sohappy:

Best news of the thread.

basas

I still enjoy HISTA, but it is getting a bit old. Still, it is doing WAY better at Epcot then it is at DL. I'd rather see something new next door first.

My order:

1) Philharmagic- favorite
2) It's Tough to be a Bug
3) Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
4) Muppetvision 3D...my least favorite by a long-shot. I don't know why but this show just never did it for me (though I still try and see it on most of my visits to the Studios:lol: ).

tirian

:sohappy:

Best news of the thread.

Well, the recent rumors of MK management being dumbfounded when they road DL's PotC are true. The execs on that trip returned with a "Let's-Refurbish-This-Place-NOW" attitude.

And that's a good thing! :sohappy:

jerrysliljess

What was Captain EO like? i wish i had seen it when i was younger, when i went in 1993. Somethin tells me it was mad cheezy

I actually got to see Captain EO back in 1991 and it was pretty fun. The plot was ok but the 3-D effects were pretty cool and I loved the MJ's music (before all the mess he is in now). When you walk out of it, there was a water fountain that shot back water on platforms. Too bad that they took both of them down.

basas

Well, the recent rumors of MK management being dumbfounded when they road DL's PotC are true. The execs on that trip returned with a "Let's-Refurbish-This-Place-NOW" attitude.

And that's a good thing! :sohappy:

Excellent news. Many of the MK attractions need it.

MainSt1993

What was Captain EO like? i wish i had seen it when i was younger, when i went in 1993. Somethin tells me it was mad cheezy

Cult classic. Love it! Love it! Love it!! Michael Jackson, when he was black and a lot less freaky looking, doing what he does best. My favorite character was Hooter! And my favorite part of the show was when the one dude messes up, about 2/3 of the way through the main song. :lol:

TP2000

No. Nothing is going to happen at PotC anytime soon. Jungle, then Mansion, then likely Space.

Early Tuesday morning Miceage came out with a new update, and I think it would be interesting for folks when it comes to Magic Kingdom rehabs and TLC.

The update has a few paragraphs in the middle of its usual Disneyland news concerning the Magic Kingdom version of Pirates, the half-attempt at a rehab last year compared to Disneyland, and why Pirates won't be getting another rehab any time soon.

The WDW Magic Kingdom news is on the first page of todays Al Lutz update on Miceage.com, about halfway down where it says.... "The big island project overall is continuing on the initial plan we outlined for you several months ago. What won't be happening now is a 2007 refurbishment over on the mainland at Pirates of the Caribbean. There are a few reasons behind that decision, and readers sensitive to our criticism of Walt Disney World may want to avert their eyes for this....."

Lee

Adventurer
Last I heard they weren't...at least not in the attraction itself. Might be something pop up in the queue. But...my info on that is months old.

SilentWindODoom

Umm... About this Haunted Mansion rehab. When is it supposed to take place? How long do you think it will take? I'm gonna be down there in August, bringing along my cousin who is going for the first time. If the mansion is closed... I don't even want to think about it.

As for the gift shop, I've already argued that whole thing in another topic a few months ago. Just please, if you're going to put it in, put it outside the mansion's gates.

thisisnotanexit

i think i'm going in april, and i will be very, very upset if i miss pirates, haunted mansion, AND the mexico pavilion ride. should i be worried? i mean, i would literally change the date of my trip over this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom