LOST Discussion Thread

Captain Hank

Once they showed the Razr phone and Jack's room strewn with maps of the Pacific, I figured that it might have been in the future. I wonder why they need to get back to the island now.

Poor Charlie. I'm almost a little surprised that he actually died, considering how much they hinted that he would. Who was Creepy Grenade Guy?

And who the heck was Naomi, really?

speck76

Original Poster
I am thinking the funeral was Michael's

-black part of town / black minister
-nobody came (he was a traitor)

I had heard Michael was supposed to be in the finale, but the actor had other commitments.....

speck76

Original Poster
Once they showed the Razr phone and Jack's room strewn with maps of the Pacific, I figured that it might have been in the future. I wonder why they need to get back to the island now.

Poor Charlie. I'm almost a little surprised that he actually died, considering how much they hinted that he would. Who was Creepy Grenade Guy?

And who the heck was Naomi, really?

Mikhail (cyclops)

Captain Hank

Really? Didn't notice the eyepatch. I guess I was too busy going "Oh Crap!"

Edit: I wasn't around for the first hour, so I taped it and watched the second hour as it was broadcast. So, I didn't realize that Mikail didn't wear his eyepatch when SCUBA diving. Now it makes sense! :)

SpectroMan

Wow! That was one of the best two hours of television I have ever seen. If you took out all of the mythology of the show, it was still very entertaining.

I sort of figured that we would see an episode like this, but I thought it would have been farther into the show. I would like to know who Kate is married to (or something like that) and who was in the casket. And then, why did Jack say to compare himself to his father in their drunkeness.

Can't wait for next season and see how they get off the island, and how many people stay, and what happens to the island inhabitants.

Captain Hank

Funeral possibilities:

Michael: (see above) except, what about Walt?
Ben: had no living family (unless some grandparents are still hanging around at that point) and probably no/few friends
Locke: dead father, unknown status of mother, on nobody's #1 best friend list at the moment
Someone we're not thinking of: because it's Lost

Captain Hank

I assumed it was Sawyer.
That's what I thought initially, but I'm not so sure now. I assumed that Kate meant Sawyer when she said "He won't be happy" at the end. Also (at this point) Sawyer seems to be on pretty good terms with the other survivors. I'd think that one or two would show up at his funeral. Kate seemed pretty annoyed when Jack asked why she wouldn't want to go to the services.

LouDisney

My guess on the funeral, is it's going to be Locke, if not Locke, then Ben...maybe?
Speck, I like your thinking about Jacob being the black smoke...I think that is a great possibility. I love the flash forward...though it leaves many more unanswered questions, but we will get those answers eventually.

It was an amazing season finale...LOVE IT!!!

Shaman

Spoilers ahead...

I think the episode was great! But wasn't too thrilled about the ending. The "flash forward" thing doesn't leave a good taste in me mouth. I guess I have lots of months to come to terms with it...should be interesting to see how they use them and how the future shows will be structured. It's not a bad concept...I just don't know if it was executed in the best possible way...I guess it wasn't much of a cliffhanger ending for me....

:shrug:

A couple of things:

-So if it was in the future...why is Jack's dad alive?

-I know Charlie "had" to die for the others to get rescued...but...why not just shut the door, once you get out of room about to get flooded? Seemed um...stupid...and even then, he could've swam out the blown window.

-Bernard is an idiot.

-Who are the bad guys in ship who are coming to destroy the island and "kill" everyone on it?

-Sooo...the others are heading to a temple.

Dj Corona

Here's a theory for you: What if the person Kate has to get back home to in the final "flash-foward" were to end up being a child she has by Sawyer? Maybe the two of them have some kind of falling out, giving her a reason not to attend his funeral.

k.hunter30

Very good show. The best in quite a while@

a few notes:

-I think Jack is off of Locke's Christmas Card list
-I think Ben was telling the truth
-I think Jacob manifested himself in the form of Walt (and that Jacob is the smoke monster thing)
-Mikhail must be part cat, as he seems to have 9 lives

I can't wait to see a HD screen cap of Jack's newspaper.....was not surprised about those scenes being post-island
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY...kw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg

Wow! That was one of the best two hours of television I have ever seen. If you took out all of the mythology of the show, it was still very entertaining.

I sort of figured that we would see an episode like this, but I thought it would have been farther into the show. I would like to know who Kate is married to (or something like that) and who was in the casket. And then, why did Jack say to compare himself to his father in their drunkeness.

Can't wait for next season and see how they get off the island, and how many people stay, and what happens to the island inhabitants.
I looked but didn't see a ring on Kate's finger. I could have missed it though.

Spoilers ahead...

I think the episode was great! But wasn't too thrilled about the ending. The "flash forward" thing doesn't leave a good taste in me mouth. I guess I have lots of months to come to terms with it...should be interesting to see how they use them and how the future shows will be structured. It's not a bad concept...I just don't know if it was executed in the best possible way...I guess it wasn't much of a cliffhanger ending for me....

:shrug:

A couple of things:

-I know Charlie "had" to die for the others to get rescued...but...why not just shut the door, once you get out of room about to get flooded? Seemed um...stupid...and even then, he could've swam out the blown window.

-Bernard is an idiot.

-Who are the bad guys in ship who are coming to destroy the island and "kill" everyone on it?

-Sooo...the others are heading to a temple.
I think the guys on the ship are Penny's dad's people. After all that was revealed through the interactive online stuff last summer, I don't think her dad is the best Hanso guy...:shrug:

magicfan

I think swimming out the window would be kind of tough, because a) it looked rather small, and b) there was tons of water pouring in.

I figure he had come to accept his "destiny" and didn't want to drag anyone else down with him.

Enderikari

Funeral possibilities:

Michael: (see above) except, what about Walt?
Ben: had no living family (unless some grandparents are still hanging around at that point) and probably no/few friends
Locke: dead father, unknown status of mother, on nobody's #1 best friend list at the moment
Someone we're not thinking of: because it's Lost

Toss Juliet on that list
-Would explain Kate's disdain
-looked to me like the newspaper showed a picture of a woman

Captain Hank

One thing of note regarding the funeral. The funeral director brings in a boquet of flowers and sets them down on a table just before he notices Jack. I wonder who those were from.

dolbyman

this and the fact that jack used a krazr (that couldn't be in a "flashback")

made me "headscreatchy" :veryconfu

man can't wait for the next season :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom