LOST Discussion Thread

Since1976

Wow. The first 5 minutes were a doozy. Who would have thought the whole island is in a snowglobe being held by an autistic boy?

:lookaroun

imagineer99

I was a tad disappointed. It wasn't a bad episode, but it lacked the "wow" factor of a Season Premiere.

Not only did we not find out what happened to almost all the characters, I'm just getting more and more frusturated with the others. Everytime they respond to one of Jack, Kate, or Sawyer's questions with a vague and somewhat "deep" answer, I feel like smacking one of them in the face. Seriously, Jack (who's in better shape them all of them combined) needs to literally rip Henry Gale (aka Ben, aka Benry, aka man with freaky eyes) in half. That Juliet woman was the most annoying and condescending of them all. "Oh, look! I know more than you do!" Really? You don't say?

And, Sawyer needs to stop getting knocked down so much....

I realize that all the "questions" won't get answered in a single episode. But, I just don't feel like we're going anywhere. I hope the writers/producers have enough sense to end the series before it becomes just annoying (I'm looking at you X-Files and Twin Peaks). I think a four year run is MORE than enough for this show.

Since1976

I realize that all the "questions" won't get answered in a single episode. But, I just don't feel like we're going anywhere. I hope the writers/producers have enough sense to end the series before it becomes just annoying (I'm looking at you X-Files and Twin Peaks). I think a four year run is MORE than enough for this show.

I agree that the writers need to know when to end it. I assume they have the basic outline of a finale scribbled on a napkin somewhere which they can put into motion if the show starts going downhill.

I would have *much* respect for the producers if they end the show while it's still at the top of its game. It would be a first for television, wouldn't it?

I don't think last night's episode needed to have so many flashbacks. It sohuld have focused more on what was going on with Jack, Sawyer and Kate. Other than that, it was a good episode. Just not season premier worthy.

SpectroMan

I agree that the writers need to know when to end it. I assume they have the basic outline of a finale scribbled on a napkin somewhere which they can put into motion if the show starts going downhill.

I would have *much* respect for the producers if they end the show while it's still at the top of its game. It would be a first for television, wouldn't it?

Their story is planned out for five seasons, but if ABC wants it on longer, the writers have stated that they will have to continue the show.

Shaman

I was a tad disappointed. It wasn't a bad episode, but it lacked the "wow" factor of a Season Premiere.

I agree. It started promising...but went to hell pretty quick...it felt as if they intended the premiere to be two hours and cut it to be two separate episodes...

Perhaps that has something to do with timing and how soon the episodes are going to be available to go on air....

CaptainessKylie

what happened? what happened?
WHAT HAPPENED?!?:(
we only just finished season 2! and altho but reading through all this it has cleared up a few things i really want to know what happened in the first 5 minutes of the show last night! please!!!!! and also what happened to the hatch do we no yet?

mucho luvo
kylie

Since1976

we only just finished season 2! and altho but reading through all this it has cleared up a few things i really want to know what happened in the first 5 minutes of the show last night! please!!!!! and also what happened to the hatch do we no yet?

mucho luvo
kylie

Okay, I'll spoil the first five minutes for you ...

SPOILER

We see a character we've never seen before, a blonde named Juliet, getting ready for a book club meeting. She preps herself in the mirror, gets some muffins out of the oven (burning her hand in the process), and lets the first guest into her house, which appears to be in a a nice suburban neighborhood.

Soon, the house is full of people discussing the book. Juliet argues with a guest about the book, stating that she does not care that "Ben" (who is not at the book club) would not have liked it either.

The meeting is interrupted by what seems to be an earthquake. Everyone scrambles out of the house. Ethan (!) appears as well, and then Henry Gale appears from the doorway of his house. Everyone looks up in the sky to see...

Oceanic Flight 815 soaring overhead, breaking apart... Henry immediately springs into action, ordering Goodwin and Ethan to go to the wreckage and pose as survivors. He tells them to blend in and come back with lists.

Henry looks over to Juliet accusingly, and remarks that he must be out of the book club.

Finally, the camera pulls back to reveal that the suburban town is actually in a clearing on the island, just a few beaches away from where the tail section landed...

dandaman

That aerial shot made me realize something... isn't the only time the Losties went RIGHT on the island (facing the ocean, from the main section), is when Sayid, Sun and Jin were on the boat (and still are)?

It's like they said, "Everything's over this way... nothing to see over there." :lol:

MouseRight

mucho luvo
kylie

I haven't tried it yet, but you are suppossed to be able to go to ABC.com and view last night's episode. It's a new program Disney/ABC is doing with content on the internet. Give it a try.

stingrock23

Seriously people, you've got to be patient. There's no way they can show everything that happened this week, there's just too much to handle. Some questions were answered, but obviously more were opened. But that's what makes the show so good, along with the different way of telling us about each character.

The problem is that we all want everything now. Hell, it's tough enough waiting a week for each episode, but I enjoy the anticipation and questions.

imagineer99

Best episode of the new season so far...

Finally, it feels like we're moving. Plus, now we got Desmond as a psychic? And, "Zeke" aka "Mr. Friendly" was firmly in Locke's past. Very cool.

LouDisney

I never miss this show and if I have to, I record it. Last night was a different story. Can some please tell me a good website to go to, to get a recap?
Can't you go to ABC and download last night's episode?

Gucci65

I never miss this show and if I have to, I record it. Last night was a different story. Can some please tell me a good website to go to, to get a recap?
Can't you go to ABC and download last night's episode?

I'm pretty sure you can log on to abc.com now and watch it.

It was wicked last night.

Was Zeke the guy in the shed packing all the goodies up? He had long hair right??

imagineer99

I'm pretty sure you can log on to abc.com now and watch it.

It was wicked last night.

Was Zeke the guy in the shed packing all the goodies up? He had long hair right??

Yup. He was in the leader of Locke's little Marijuana gorwing Kubitz. (Sans-fake beard, of course.) ;)

And, if anyone one missed it, you can watch the entire episode FOR FREE on abc.com. Pretty sweet deal. Kudos ABC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom