LOST Discussion Thread

stingrock23

What a way to leave you haning. This is by far the best show on TV, screw American Idol, which is the spawn of satan.

I knew I had recognized Kelvin from an earlier episode, but couldn't remember until this morning. I wonder if Locke will find the area where all the tubes went. And that Libby appearance was startling. I guess we'll see more of her in Desmond's flashbacks next season.

5 months is going to seem like an eternity.

Gucci65

minnie2000 said:
I have just read the last page of this thread - and it doesn't mean much to me! Here in the UK we are still on series 2!!!:rolleyes:

So, if you all watched the last show of the series last night, from what you say, there must be another series to come? I thought that it was the last one ever, and we would finally get some answers!

The one I watched this week, they are all traipsing through the jungle, Sawyer has been shot, but is alive, and Shannon was shot right at the end. I wish I could get the DVDs and watch the whole second and third series!
\

Last night was the 2nd season finale.

stingrock: 5 months??? I though this should would be back on in September. Geez - we don't start 24 (season 6) until January 2007 now you are saying October?:cry:

LouDisney

Since1976 said:
Some random thoughts/observations:

4. Kelvin, you may recall, was the Army guy who made Sayid torture that Iraqi soldier.

6. From their final looks at each other, Jack and Kate and Sawyer clearly have plans. Can't wait to see what they do. I also wonder who will try to come to their rescue...Sayid, Sun, and Jin, or Michael and Walt? Maybe even Hurley!

It took me a minute to realize who Kelvin was, but I did remember.
I agree, from their final looks, they are up to something. I think Sayid, Sun and Jin with help them. I also think Michael will come back, or he will find Sayid and help.

speck76

Original Poster
I don't know how many of you listen to the podcast...but here is a summary (lifted from another site)

The final podcast for the season is up.

LTDA was written four weeks ago, it was filmed with two crews in 17 days and edited with 4 editors. The final shot (the Challah) of Penny picking up the phone was shot five days ago.

The men in the monitoring station are speaking Portugese. One of them was not Matthew Fox in disguise.

The Challah is less defined as last year's, causing you to question what you just saw. Purposely without context.

Season three-we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central isue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important.

The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed.

The foot statue-represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there.

Season three air schedule: premiering 6 episodes late Sept. to Nov. in a mini season with a mini cliffhanger and then taking a 12 week break and returning in February for 17 straight weeks.

ComicCon July San Diego-Damon and Carlton and various cast members will be there. There will be an announcement about the Hanso Foundation there for the Lost Experience.

The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There are more monster stories that they didn't get to in season two. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it.

Why didn't Hurley attack Michael? Legitimate question. The characters had conflicted emotions when they learned what Michael did, but at that time they had no choice but to continue on and defer the emotional reaction to what he did. Character motivation was a casualty of the story that had to be told. Earlier versions dealt with the issue of the team wanting to go back and in the end they had to take it out to keep the story moving forward.

Why did the Others take J/K/S? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes. Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology.

How Locke got in the wheelchair, how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three.

Finally, they said that they will have another podcast with an interview with Harold and MDK in 2 weeks and another one in July for ComicCon.

speck76

Original Poster
Shaman said:
I foudn it strange that they waited until after Season 3 starts to release season 2

I would think it would be better to release in August, so new people could potentially catch up with the show in time for the new season...esp since there will be no re-runs next season

sarahwiggles99

speck76 said:
I foudn it strange that they waited until after Season 3 starts to release season 2

I would think it would be better to release in August, so new people could potentially catch up with the show in time for the new season...esp since there will be no re-runs next season

some how i highly doubt that there will be no re-runs next season. there were way to many this season. it really sucks when they go back to things where some of the people in the old episode have already died :fork:

speck76

Original Poster
sarahwiggles99 said:
some how i highly doubt that there will be no re-runs next season. there were way to many this season. it really sucks when they go back to things where some of the people in the old episode have already died :fork:
read above

there are 2 mini seasons

Sept-Nov

Feb-May

In-between, a new show will take its place

no re-runs next season

speck76

Original Poster
The Lost Season 2 DVD is being released tomorrow.

10/4 is the start date for Season 3...

Jack, Kate and Sawyer open the season in captivity as prisoners of "The Others." Just who these "Others" are and what they want are primary questions Season Three will explore. Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of "The Others." Romance looms on the horizon as Jack's interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun and Jin will continue to celebrate their pregnancy - but is the child really Jin's? Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world? The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 60-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. "Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie and Terry O'Quinn as Locke.

Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities (Kate-centric)
Airdate: October 4, 2006

Episode 3.02: Further Instructions (Claire-centric)
Airdate: October 11, 2006

Episode 3.03: The Glass Ballerina (Sun/Jin(?)-centric)
Airdate: October 18, 2006

Episode 3.04: Every Man For Himself (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: October 25, 2006

remember that their are no repeats this year.....

dandaman

Gah!

I thought it wasn't being released until a few weeks later! Great news! :sohappy:

*makes note of going to store after school tomorrow and buying said DVD set*

ears2you

The Lost Season 2 DVD is being released tomorrow.

10/4 is the start date for Season 3...

Jack, Kate and Sawyer open the season in captivity as prisoners of "The Others." Just who these "Others" are and what they want are primary questions Season Three will explore. Michael Emerson joins the regular cast in his ongoing role as Henry Gale, leader of "The Others." Romance looms on the horizon as Jack's interests veer towards a mysterious new woman, whose motives may be questionable. Sun and Jin will continue to celebrate their pregnancy - but is the child really Jin's? Locke and Sayid will band together with some of the other survivors and journey across the island in an attempt to free Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Charlie will attempt to return into the good graces of Claire and her baby, Aaron, but can he be trusted to stay clean and sober? The fates of Locke, Desmond and Mr. Eko in the aftermath of the implosion of the hatch are answered. Will Penny Widmore find the island and her long, lost love, Desmond, and can the survivors find a way to interact with the outside world? The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 60-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. "Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie and Terry O'Quinn as Locke.

Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities (Kate-centric)
Airdate: October 4, 2006

Episode 3.02: Further Instructions (Claire-centric)
Airdate: October 11, 2006

Episode 3.03: The Glass Ballerina (Sun/Jin(?)-centric)
Airdate: October 18, 2006

Episode 3.04: Every Man For Himself (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: October 25, 2006

remember that their are no repeats this year.....

OHH thanks! only 12 hours and 31 minutes till i get lost season 2 on dvd

dandaman

No spoilers that I know of. The game's more or less a go-between for seasons. If anything, the video will clear a few things up, and leave more open-ended ones (a lot of game-related questions are supposed to be answered this season, so judge for yourself spoiler-wise, I suppose). :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom