Loosing a tooth while in Disney

Jessie&Buzz

My son has his very first loose tooth. It's not super loose yet so I'm hoping that it will come out while are in Disney. We leave in 10 days. If it does I already told him that Tinker Bell will come get it and give it to the Tooth Fairy. I plan on giving him $5 (since it's the 1st one) just like we would have at home but I'm wondering if there is something that Disney will do for us. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Thanks!

jeffb

My son has his very first loose tooth. It's not super loose yet so I'm hoping that it will come out while are in Disney. We leave in 10 days. If it does I already told him that Tinker Bell will come get it and give it to the Tooth Fairy. I plan on giving him $5 (since it's the 1st one) just like we would have at home but I'm wondering if there is something that Disney will do for us. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Thanks!

Yes and congrats on the first tooth! My daughter lost a tooth at Disney. We were at the Poly and I went down to the gift shop to get her something. I wound up mentioning that the gift was for my daughter who just lost a tooth. The CM explained to me that at WDW, Tinker Bell comes for the tooth and not the Tooth Fairy and the proceeded to give me two Tinker Bell pins in a little gift set. It was a really nice, my daughter loved it. She still has one of the pins.

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

Depends on who is working at the store at the time.Last couple trips (last one two weeks ago)the resort gift shops where filled with chinese workers that where hard to understand.I had a return and they told me to come back another day.This was at the Poly.I would find out at check in instead of the gift shop.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I don't know if Disney does anything. We never asked. Over the years each of our boys have lost teeth there. We call it "The Disney Tooth". We still had the Tooth Fairy come get them and leave double the normal amount of $$ since it was vacation. How does she know to come on vacation? Same as always! Mom & Dad call her. Where'd we get the number? Same as all the parents! When you leave the hospital with your brand new babies they give you the phone directory for Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc. I've had to give Santa a call several times when the boys were younger because they were being naughty. Boy, were they ever upset. LOL!

Funny tooth-losin' story....our youngest had his very 1st loose tooth going into our 2nd trip in 2005. We had stopped for an ice cream break by Splash & Big Thunder Mountains. DS got an ice cream sandwich. Think of how hard they freeze their ice cream! He took 1 bite and out came the tooth and of course it started bleeding a good bit. He was startled by the tooth coming out but then he saw the blood and came completely unglued screaming and carrying on. Daddy held him still while I applied pressure with a wad of napkins but he was still wiggling around making his muffled yells/squeals. People were looking at us like "OMG! They're torturing their kid!!! What are they doing?!?!" It was so embarrassing! In no time the bleeding stopped, he calmed down, and was excited about the tooth. When I went to hand him back the ice cream sandwich he would have none of it. "I'm not eating thaaaaaat!" as if it were gonna bite him or something. We let it soften for a few minutes before he'd even try it again... LOL!

So, for the OP, if you want the tooth to come on out I'd suggest some ice cream from the carts! :wave:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
My son lost a tooth on a Disney Cruise and Tinker Bell came to our room and sprinkled pixie dust all over while we were out having breakfast.

462801997_ngSyQ-L.jpg

(Don't mind the spelling - Tink wasn't ever great at English. lol)

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

I saw some little girl at the World who had lost her tooth. They had done something special, I just can't remember what! She either had at least a special button or a t-shirt or combo of the two. It was cute.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Original Poster
I'm not sure if it's going to make it. It's looser today than y'day and the new tooth is coming in behind it. I'm a little bummed about it. I thought it would be special for him.

Upvote 0

hibbsofep

3 years ago we stayed at AKL in 2 ajoining rooms with other family members. We had been in our rooms all of about 10 minutes when my son, who had been excitedly running between the 2 rooms to see the animals off the balcony, came up to me with his hand near his mouth saying, "I've got bad news and good news. The bad news is I just ran into the glass door with my face (he didn't realize Grandma had closed the balcony door) but the good news is my loose tooth came out!"

After the laughter subsided, we stopped down at guest relations thinking they would at least have a cute little container for the tooth like the little plastic tooth shaped holder he has gotten at school. NOPE! Nothing. I was really surprised. How could Disney miss this one?

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

3 years ago we stayed at AKL in 2 ajoining rooms with other family members. We had been in our rooms all of about 10 minutes when my son, who had been excitedly running between the 2 rooms to see the animals off the balcony, came up to me with his hand near his mouth saying, "I've got bad news and good news. The bad news is I just ran into the glass door with my face (he didn't realize Grandma had closed the balcony door) but the good news is my loose tooth came out!"

After the laughter subsided, we stopped down at guest relations thinking they would at least have a cute little container for the tooth like the little plastic tooth shaped holder he has gotten at school. NOPE! Nothing. I was really surprised. How could Disney miss this one?

I am SO sorry that you had that experience!

We, and any other resort, can do plenty of fun and cute things for you. There are boxes that are small enough to hold a child's tooth, while waiting for the tooth fairy. We can get a button. We can make a certificate. There are so many creative options as well. If this ever happens to you at DAKL, ask for Courtney and you will get some magic. :animwink:

Upvote 0

hibbsofep

I am SO sorry that you had that experience!

We, and any other resort, can do plenty of fun and cute things for you. There are boxes that are small enough to hold a child's tooth, while waiting for the tooth fairy. We can get a button. We can make a certificate. There are so many creative options as well. If this ever happens to you at DAKL, ask for Courtney and you will get some magic. :animwink:

Good to know, Courtney. I was thinking that maybe we just happened to talk to a newer CM who didn't know better, but I didn't want to embarrass anyone by asking to speak to someone else.

Upvote 0

shawn

My son lost his first tooth at Disney, the wife and I had went out for the evening and left the kids with the grandparents , so when we got back it was late but he was so excited so I only had a $20 in my wallet . So his first tooth he got a $20.00. Oh well, at least we have a good story to tell.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
My son lost his first tooth at Disney, the wife and I had went out for the evening and left the kids with the grandparents , so when we got back it was late but he was so excited so I only had a $20 in my wallet . So his first tooth he got a $20.00. Oh well, at least we have a good story to tell.

:lol:

I swear my kids are pros at losing teeth when we have no cash on hand! Sometimes the tooth fairy has to bring lots of pennies and nickels that we've dug deep for! Why do kids always feel the need to pull their teeth out late at night? :lol:

Upvote 0

wcduke

Tooth came out at 1900 Park Fare

My son's tooth came out while eating our character dinner at 1900 PF during our past August trip. He was just chewing and out it came! He was fine with it, as he is 12 years old.

During the dinner, I mentioned to Lady Tremaine (Cinderella's stepmother) jokingly that my son just lost his tooth and she said something funny, I just can't remember what it was.

Lady Tremaine must have mentioned something about it backstage because about 10 minutes later a CM brought over a Magical Moments certificate to my son for his lost tooth. The certificate was signed by all of the characters at the dinner!

My son was on cloud 9!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

Never Assume

Why does everyone assume Tinker Bell and Tooth Fairy know each other. Thats like assuming all Canadians know each other.

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Momketeer

Lost Tooth at WDW

My daughter lost her very first tooth while we were on vacation at WDW. We had packed her tooth box, just in case. It turns out that Tinkerbell helped out that night and brought my daughter Disney Dollars for her first tooth. She was so excited! The story is a big hit at the school lunch table, she tells it proudly everytime the subject of loose teeth come up...which is quite often in the first grade.

It would be a celebration so it couldn't hurt to ask at the front desk how they could help you celebrate. Good luck!:)

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

My youngest lost her two front teeth while in WDW. She did not want to put the first under her pillow because she was afraid to lose it at the hotel. So we wrapped it up to take home. She lost the second a few days later and we convinced her to put the two in a gift bag.

Tooth Fairy brings only $1 per tooth to our house. She was shocked to get two fresh $5 Disney Dollars under her pillow. Big sister was shocked as well wondering if she could get a tooth or two out before we left. Tink must have some special pull within specific distances.

On a totally unrelated note, they have Disney Dollars to purchase at guest services and Celebrate buttons where you can write in things like "Losing My Two Front Teeth" under "I'm Celebrating".

She had a blast showing Chip and Dale her missing teeth about a dozen times over the rest of the vacation.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Original Poster
The tooth is still there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The one beside it is also a little loose so maybe just maybe. I thought about going to the front desk and asking if they have a magical moment certificate or something. He's super excited about loosing it and doesn't care where it comes out. It's more for me that I wanted to know. :lol:

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

If I where you I would have something ready like maybe Disney dollars on hand to give.Dont rely on Disneys front desk to supply you with a gift for your child.Your kid will like the Disney dollars better than a magical moments piece of paper that they give out to almost everyone.

Upvote 0

Disney05

My daughter had a very loose tooth three years ago when we were there. For the first half of the trip she complained it hurt and she couldn't eat. Finally we decided it had to come out. She let us pull it out using an ice cold cloth. It was the best thing we ever did. She was so happy. She was finally able to eat normal. We brought the tooth home and then the Tooth Fairy came.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Original Poster
Just wanted to update. He did end up losing the tooth at Disney. We had just gotten to Ft Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It was so loose that he kept wiggling it. It came right out. He was super excited. I went to the desk at the WL when we got back. They gave me a pic signed by Mickey and the gang and a tooth box for him. I put them on the nightstand while he was out of the room. We told him that Mickey must have stopped in when we were out because we had told a CM at Ft Wilderness about it. He also got an "I'm celebrating" button with "losing 1st tooth" written on it. Tink came to the room while we were sleeping and gave him $5. That made his trip!

The little treasure box is the one he took with him to keep his tooth safe in. He ended up moving it to the one Mickey gave him.

P1010582.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom