Looks like WORK

jmvd20

Did anyone notice the name on the crane? "SIeMenS CRANE" Do you think they are trying to hide something"

Yes they are trying to hide something, since the boom on the crane is a telescoping boom you can only see the missing letters when it is extended all the way.

teebin

Which is the only major issue I have with the Mexico ride change. You can make Epcot more accessable to kids and families and still stick to the park's original purpose.. instead they seem to be taking the easy way out and inserting characters into the unpopular rides.

hmmm. I think that the facts point out that Epcot was a total failure after only a few years of being open. People wanted to know where the characters were even though the premise of Epcot was that there would be no characters per the plan. (see the opening day video)

You may not think that Epcot needs characters but the vast majority of families with kids do. And guess what, the families and their kids are right, always... they are the consumers and Disney has followed suit and improved Epcot's overall business by adding characters. And, with the improvement in business they are blowing the dust off of everything else including SSE.

The park is still very educational, just less museum so. It's called fun education. You learn something even though you didn't intend to.

teebin

n19303205_30749570_4985.jpg

Did anyone notice the name on the crane? "SIeMenS CRANE" Do you think they are trying to hide something":ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

You are very sharp for noticing this letter fit. Too funny. I suspect a conspiracy.

dinodak

And changing the ride to have 3 cartoon characters represent the culture isn't offensive to Mexicans???? What if they changed American Adventure to a show where Mickey Mouse portrayed George Washington for instance. How would we feel?

Come on now. Look at Mickey as GW, how could you be offended by this???

ec8e_1.JPG

takeleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooleo

Did anyone notice the name on the crane? "SIeMenS CRANE" Do you think they are trying to hide something"

Yes they are trying to hide something, since the boom on the crane is a telescoping boom you can only see the missing letters when it is extended all the way.

God people get a life, if you knew anything about cranes you would know that the bottom section of the crane does not telescope. And if you knew anything about Siemens you would know that they do not own a crane service, they are a technology group not a contruction company. I have been a super user of Siemens for many years and anything thing that they do to EPCOT will be for the best. Sims Crane & Equipment - 2006

BwanaBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooleo

God people get a life, if you knew anything about cranes you would know that the bottom section of the crane does not telescope. And if you knew anything about Siemens you would know that they do not own a crane service, they are a technology group not a contruction company. I have been a super user of Siemens for many years and anything thing that they do to EPCOT will be for the best. Sims Crane & Equipment - 2006

With all due respect... I believe all the posters you were referencing were just being tongue-in-cheek with their statements.

Tom Morrow

I've never ridden the new Mexico ride, so I have no idea if this statment is true for that particular attraction, but how can you say that for any other rides in Epcot? The Seas IMO is extremely educational, at least once you get in the pavilion, Ellen is educational, SSE with the wand was educational, and without it will be. TT teaches you about Car tests, M:S is educational, You can learn lots in the queue to Sorin', and, possibly with the exception of Mexico, In World Showcase you learn about other countries and cultures.
Nemo is the only ride transformation I have a problem with. Yes, the pavilion itself is very educational... but you have to board a glorified Fantasyland style ride to get to it. There is absolutely no point to it other than being a brief retelling of the movie itself - that is definitely not what Epcot is about. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to ride it to get in the pavilion. I realize you can technically go through the gift shop, but most guests aren't going to do this.

While a lot of Epcot purists might not agree, I think pretty much every current attraction at Epcot has stayed true with the purpose of the park, with the exception of Nemo.

All of the other pavilions prove that you can make an attraction both fun and entertaining without needing to stick in Mickey & Pals, which is the easy way out.

Grande Fiesta Tour isn't nearly as bad as Nemo since its mostly just a diversion inside a pavilion, but I hope its not a continuing trend.

JML42691

hmmm. I think that the facts point out that Epcot was a total failure after only a few years of being open. People wanted to know where the characters were even though the premise of Epcot was that there would be no characters per the plan. (see the opening day video)...

uh what "facts" are you referring to that Epcot was a "total failure" after a few years of being open?
Agreeing with Now Is The Time, what facts are you referring to, can you please explain? By "total failure", I take it to mean that the park was on the edge of closing because there was no interest in it. I do slightly understand what you mean in that the image of the park today is not the exact same thing as what it was the day it opened, but after nearly 25 years, I think we could expect this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to ride it to get in the pavilion. I realize you can technically go through the gift shop, but most guests aren't going to do this.

Which was just like it was before. It's only been the 'walk right into the pavalion' model after they closed down the seabase alpha stuff and made the exit.. the entrance until they opened nemo and went back to the original model.

Brian_B

My 2 cents, for no good reason:

Characters in Epcot rides are fine, provided they do so in moderation. Everything in moderation, that's the key. They are doing things RIGHT:

SSE - is going to be incredible when they reopen it.

M:S - an amazing ride by anyone's standards; my only real issue with it is the complete lack of theming in the corridor leading to "mission control" or whatever they call the post-show

TL - Soarin' is unbelievable. The queue might be slightly on the bland side, but they're fixing that. The pavilion is experiencing life right now unlike any it's ever had before.

TLS - Is the ride portion educational? No. Is the film sorely missed? Yes. Is this an example of too much character, not enough Epcot...? I don't know. It is a little on the cheesy side, but I think it's worth it just to have the seacabs back in some form. Plus, the orientation of the ride reminds me of Horizons. I think it would be far worse if what the many CMs in years previous told me had come true..."No, the seacabs won't be reopening any time soon." You know, back when it looked like they were going to let all of Epcot waste into nothing.

We have murmurings that Imagination is next. That leaves us with the rest of future world east, and then finally innoventions. Toss in a few new films at Canada and Japan, and Epcot is back in black, jack.

I am eagerly looking forward to the day Test Track is replaced. Let me stress the following: Nothing but my humble opinion, which I am properly entitled to.

- Brian

DisneyNut2007

Characters in Epcot rides are fine, provided they do so in moderation. Everything in moderation, that's the key.

Good point.

FYI, they HAVE been adding character-based attractions to Epcot in moderation. So far, they only have FOUR character-based attractions:

1) Goofy About Health
2) Circle of Life
3) The Seas
4) Gran Fiesta Tour

So, Epcot is not really as character-heavy as most people make it out to be.

Not every Epcot attraction is going to get characters in them, so I wouldn't worry.

jmvd20

Me = Construction Project Manager

Me deal with crane all time long

Me know lot bout them cranes

Me work with Siemens all time for big old electrical switch gear and other stuff that shockey you if not careful

Me likey Siemens as well

Me tell owner of comapny in morning that guy online say I a fool and need be fired...

diddy_mouse

Man I can't wait til they get the rest of that arch down. They're so close!! :lol:

Also, I was wondering...is the remainder of the wand in two separate sections (one connected to the hand and the other connected to the ground?) I'm just trying to envision how the rest of the removal process could go. :D

Oh and lastly...how did the discussion of the Mexico ride slip into the wand deconstruction discussion? I must have missed that. :shrug:

jmvd20

Man I can't wait til they get the rest of that arch down. They're so close!! :lol:

Also, I was wondering...is the remainder of the wand in two separate sections (one connected to the hand and the other connected to the ground?) I'm just trying to envision how the rest of the removal process could go. :D

Oh and lastly...how did the discussion of the Mexico ride slip into the wand deconstruction discussion? I must have missed that. :shrug:

The wand structure itself is just one sectional steel support from the wand to the ground. The Mickey hands are just attached on either side of it. I just saw a good picture of it today, if I can find it I'll post it here for you.

Edit: Found it - post #12

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=207575

TestTrack

And changing the ride to have 3 cartoon characters represent the culture isn't offensive to Mexicans???? What if they changed American Adventure to a show where Mickey Mouse portrayed George Washington for instance. How would we feel?

Pretty sure I wouldn't care if they used a cartoon to represent a significant figure in american history. I am fairly certain I have seen multiple cartoons where the characters dress up as revolutionary war icons.

Me = Construction Project Manager

Me deal with crane all time long

Me know lot bout them cranes

Me work with Siemens all time for big old electrical switch gear and other stuff that shockey you if not careful

Me likey Siemens as well

Me tell owner of comapny in morning that guy online say I a fool and need be fired...

LOL that was pretty funny!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom