Looks like WORK

I wonder why they cant do this in larger sections then. Attached the crane and cut out the entire arch at once!. Then set it backstage and cut it up there. There has to be a really good reason why there not doing it that way!

Vernonpush

I wonder why they cant do this in larger sections then. Attached the crane and cut out the entire arch at once!. Then set it backstage and cut it up there. There has to be a really good reason why there not doing it that way!
I think it would be to big to place it on the ground in the "construction area".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the arch part is completely gone now..

072620070815_l.jpg

cooleo

Amen, Very well said! Plus I thought the Siemens Crane was funny!

:cool: I am so glad so that most people who frequent these boards have the sense to understand when someone is being humorous. I happen to have spent the last 25 years of my life working with & around Cranes, Electrical Generators & Electronic Automation Computers. I work for an Offshore Supply Vessel company that produces some of the most technologically advanced vessels in the world. I know my way around these things. I also happen to think Siemens is a great company. Thanks to all who understood my jest.:cool:

cooleo

I had sort of forgotten how nice SSE looked without the wand. I had come to like the wand, but will be glad to see it go.:cool:

WDWcouple

Looks like we arent the only ones waiting for the day to break to see whats happened over night
6:30 AM this morning
072620070630_s.jpg

Pic of the Dayyy!!!

rlaeromech

I think I am a convert. I didn't really have an opinion about the wand. When I started really liking WDW in 2004 the wand was there and that was my first trip to Epcot. But now.. seeing what it could look like without it.. I think I like it better clean. The way it was designed! It does seem to follow the original idea of the Park. Just my thoughts... thanks to everyone for the pics and keep them coming!

Expo_Seeker40

JeffB I had no idea you posted on here! You gave me a nice comment on flickr on the wandless night shot of SSE I took. Thanks!

I love your collection of old school disney photos.

Anyway in other wand news....it should be interesting to see SSE now without the arch over it. :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Looks like we arent the only ones waiting for the day to break to see whats happened over night
6:30 AM this morning
072620070630_s.jpg

Pic of the Dayyy!!!

The flying puff-balls are attacking! We have desecrated their sacred ground and now they're seeking revenge! Run, run!

Oh wait, they're like.. 3inches in size. *swat*

Anyone else goto Epcot recently and notice they made new homes in the nearby Pal Mickey emitters that were relocated to the stores in the legs?

Expo_Seeker40

*****Anyone who is able to go to EPCOT today or tomorrow and is able to take pictures of SSE, if you are able to go into the park, you might be able to get some pretty neat photos of SSE from the living seas area, now that the arch and star are gone.***** :wave:

jeffb

JeffB I had no idea you posted on here! You gave me a nice comment on flickr on the wandless night shot of SSE I took. Thanks!

HI Exp_seeker40 - I am here - I usually make about 3-4 posts a week to the WDW picture of the day threard.

I love your collection of old school disney photos.

Thanks!

Anyway in other wand news....it should be interesting to see SSE now without the arch over it. :D

Completely agree.

BTW - could send me a link to your flick page?

Epcot82Guy

I cant resist either (and very happy that the wand is going away):
804796026_df4cb90a9f_b.jpg

It really is a completely different feeling. As much as I love it, I do see that there is a feeling of something missing, but it also has a very strong presence. It is much more sleek and "adult" (be that good or bad). Just seeing this, though, makes me realize just how incredible the lighting package could be on this. I can now fully see the possibility of the rotating globe video at night. I really hope something new comes down the path, simply because the potential is HUGE.

EDIT: I also just realized, in doing so, imaginet he possibility of SSE being included in Illuminations. How cool would it be to involve this!

dinodak

I can't express is writing how pumped I am that they decided to ditch that wand. I thought from the very beginning it was a cheesy effect and thankfully Epcot brass has made this move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom