Looks like it is finally time to say goodbye Tronorail

PirateFrank

I didn't mind the Tron wrap on Coral for the first couple of weeks. Then it was starting to get more annoying and wasn't coming off! I am glad to see Coral again!

You wont see it for a while. AFAIK, the removal of the overlay wrap is destructive to the paint....forcing them to repaint the train. They're going to have to repaint coral before they can put it back into the train rotation....

flynnibus

Premium Member
I only saw two trains when I was there a couple weeks ago (orange-red with blue windows, and blue with purple windows). Do they have more than two trains?

Yes, they have three trains now. Red, Blue, and Orange. they had 4 before this last rebuild of the trains. they only run 2 at a time, with the 3rd in maintenance/overhaul.. and then they cycle through to the next, etc.

I actually think DL's monorails are more futuristic in their profile but less so in their color schemes. The bright colors seemed very retro, and I believe that was deliberate.

Yes, the current design was a throwback to the original design of the monorails from our 60's perspective of what the future held.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You wont see it for a while. AFAIK, the removal of the overlay wrap is destructive to the paint....forcing them to repaint the train. They're going to have to repaint coral before they can put it back into the train rotation....

They didn't have that problem with the Nemo monorail at DL.

It should be like a car wrap... comes right off if your underlying paint (or gel coat in this case) is bonded properly.

The monorail bodies are fiberglass and probably use graphics instead of paint in most places

GatorGuy

Figment571 wins the Interwebs today.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:​

I wasn't really a huge fan of the Tronorail, it was kindof an eyesore to me. I understand that the current monorails must have a generic theme, but they seem somewhat outdated to me especially the interior.

mark7-monorail.jpg

I could definitely see the Mark VII monorail from Disneyland making it's way over here, the red color could maybe be a generic white and the beige/goldish color can be the Monorail color.
It won't look so futuristic and it wont clash with the surroundings.

Jakester

The WDW Monorail is designed for Mass transportation, Disneylands is designed to be a fun little ride. If it did come overhere, it would have to meet the current capacity of the WDW Monorail

Cosmic Commando

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:​

I wasn't really a huge fan of the Tronorails, they were kindof an eyesore to me. I understand that the current monorails must have a generic theme, but they seem somewhat outdated to me especially the interior.

mark7-monorail.jpg

I could definitely see the Mark VII monorail from Disneyland making it's way over here, the red color could maybe be a generic white and the beige/goldish color can be the Monorail color.
It won't look so futuristic and it wont clash with the surroundings.
But we could only dream.
I would be excited about almost any new monorail design for WDW, but I think the Mark VII design should really stay out West, since it's based so heavily on the original DL monorail.

Monorail_Red

The noses and roof were actually painted that dark blue color, and the rest is just a wrap. The deal was that the folks at TRON would pay for the re-paint. At the time Coral needed a re-paint, so that's why they chose it to be TRON-o-Rail for ~16 months.

Coral will be back out on the beams in about a month or so after some TL&C back in the Monorail Shop.

-Monorail_Red

It was probably there for too long but I kinda expected the movie to be much better for getting a MONORAIL dedicated to it, can't remember any other movie covering a monorail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom