Looks like it is finally time to say goodbye Tronorail

boufa

It was probably there for too long but I kinda expected the movie to be much better for getting a MONORAIL dedicated to it, can't remember any other movie covering a monorail

That is the ultimate Monday morning quarterback comment. Do you really think that Disney watched the whole movie (most likely not anywhere near done at the time the decision was made) and said, "This movie is gonna suck, we cannot wrap a monorail with it. No matter how much we are getting paid (err transferred from one departments budget to another departments budget)". If you are going to criticize a decision, make sure you criticize it based on the information available at the time of the decision. Not just based on the outcome.

On paper it was a good idea. Tron was a natural fit, and I liked the idea. It may have over stayed its welcome. I would be surprised if this does not open the door to other wraps. I could see them having done a Tangled wrap. The front car would have Rapunzel's head and her hair would flow down the length of the rest of the train.

Uncle Lupe

I wish the monorails out west would make their way east. Would also be nice if they could stay up past my grandmothers bedtime.

BalooChicago

On paper it was a good idea. Tron was a natural fit, and I liked the idea. It may have over stayed its welcome.

I wonder if at the time the decision was made they didn't expect the 12th monorail to be in service sooner so they could afford to bring corral down to remove the wrap.

ArtieJim

Agree that it was time to finally take the wrapping off, but I did like the look of it. I'm not even really a Tron fan, I just thought it looked pretty cool.

tirian

I wish the monorails out west would make their way east. Would also be nice if they could stay up past my grandmothers bedtime.

I think the DL monorails look much too retro to be on the WDW monorail beams. I know some people like them, but they're too old fashioned for my taste.

Other than that, yeah, let's get some new monorails! :lol:

asianway

It's sticking out of the roundhouse tonight and (shocker) it doesn't have the "D"s on cab 1. How long does it take to stencil that on?

nace888

I am not really sure... Like I said in another thread though, Bombardier should make ''Mark VIIs'' but in WDW style... Keep the Marks IV and VI look, but just a tad sleeker, and newer features... Keep them driveable (to supply jobs) but we do need new ones...

Got a picture???

asianway

No, sorry was driving. But you can tell that the decals did a number on the rest of the paint-either that or maybe it needs a second coat

Clamman73

I miss the mark iv w/ the push buttons to open the doors. Used to love hearing the doors open, (that cracking kinda sound-can't really describe it) but you had to wait until the CMs closed all the doors...Also liked their old outfits wearing the plastic hats too...

Scooter

The Tronorail did look cool, but You couldn't film or take pictures through the windows because of the decals. That kind of upset me.:brick:

nace888

They could make a Cars 2 wrap, and give it the see through window graphics as eyes on the windshields... That would be cool...

maxairmike

I really liked what the wrap style did for the look of the monorail. Something about the color scheme and design made that train look a lot slimmer than the rest of the fleet. I'd watch the Tronorail go by, then a regular train would make the pass, and it just looked fat compared to the Tronorail. The TRON theme certainly was around a little longer than I'd like, but the overall style was light years ahead of the rest of the fleet.

nace888

I think a lot of people do, haha. But am I or am I not right, a Cars Monorail? Monorail with eyes make it look like it is from the movie, then kids can be like ''IT HAS EYES MAMA!!''

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom