Looking for places to eat & Dinind Questions?

D23

Original Poster
Okay, first I wanted to ask exactly how does the Dining Package work with our booked trip?

We have the middle Package for the
Featured Table Service Meals
Feature Snacks
Feature Quick Service Meals

Now how does this work exactly. I know my kids don't fall under it since they are under 3, so hows does it work? Where is it good for etc.?

Second,
With the Table Service Meals
Where would you suggest then eating. We already plan on eating at
Cinderella Royal Table
and possibly Chef Mickey

Where else, esp if we are in the parks. Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios. I know I personally love Sci Fi diner. But I am looking for suggestions.

Also places around the grounds. Downtown Disney, resorts etc. Esp something for 4th of July.

Thank you all in advance, I know I am askign alot, I just want to book in advance since it is 4th week.

350ceo

I'm not sure on the first half of your question. You have the dining plan but didn't book the actual trip yet?

As far as the plan itself you receive one of each for every night you are staying. So 5 nights = 5 sit downs 5 counter service and 5 snacks for each eligible member of your group. You can find a listing of the participating restaurants on the Walt Disney World website:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2009/dining/

I'm not sure on the best kid friendly restaurants since I don't have any, but in general Spoudles, Boma, and California Grill are three of my favorites I've tried.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Okay, first I wanted to ask exactly how does the Dining Package work with our booked trip?

We have the middle Package for the
Featured Table Service Meals
Feature Snacks
Feature Quick Service Meals

Now how does this work exactly. I know my kids don't fall under it since they are under 3, so hows does it work? Where is it good for etc.?

Second,
With the Table Service Meals
Where would you suggest then eating. We already plan on eating at
Cinderella Royal Table
and possibly Chef Mickey

Where else, esp if we are in the parks. Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios. I know I personally love Sci Fi diner. But I am looking for suggestions.

Also places around the grounds. Downtown Disney, resorts etc. Esp something for 4th of July.

Thank you all in advance, I know I am askign alot, I just want to book in advance since it is 4th week.

Great questions!! The dining plan can be confusing!!! With you plan, you get 1 TS, 1 CS, and 1 snack per person for each night you are staying. This does not include the children since they are under the age limit and get in free to the parks. You will have to pay for their meals out of pocket.

I highly recommend Chef Mickey - that is 1 TS - as well as 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace for Character Meals - which are also 1 TS meals. CRT is 2 TS - an amazing experience so I recommend and think it is worth the 2 TS!!

Other places that I love - Le Cellier is great, as is Rose and Crown! :slurp: I'm not a fan of any TS meals at DHS but that is just my opinion b/c I know they are hugely popular. At the resorts - Ohana and Boma are hugely popular!

For July 4h - I think Mickey's BBQ would be a great time!!! :sohappy:

D23

Original Poster
THANK YOU for those suggestions that was exactly what I was looking for so I can start planning now and making the needed Reservations.

Can I ask one more question.....well I will anyways hahaha....

If we are checking out on Monday July 6th, does our plan still cover that whle day if we check out and go to the parks that day? Or does your plan end upon checkout?

Thanks.

DisneyJoe

If we are checking out on Monday July 6th, does our plan still cover that whle day if we check out and go to the parks that day? Or does your plan end upon checkout?

Your plan ends at midnight of your checkout day - so you can still use it on your checkout day.

D23

Original Poster
Well after figuring everything out over and over and over.

For our 7 Nights at WDW here is what we finally decided.

We are staying from June 29-July6th

These are just our Table services. And it is nice since we are checking out on the 6th that we can use that whole day as well.

Anyways..let me know if these are good choices and we are traveling for our first "family" vacation with us as the parents with our 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old. Exciting, I am so ready to share the tradition of the parks.

June 29: Chef Mickey
June 30: Crystal Palace
July 1: Planet Hollywood
July 2: Sci-Fi Diner
July 3: Whispering Canyon
July 4: 1900 Park Fare
July 5: Cinderella's Royal Table
July 6: We check out and head home so we are only using our Quick Service that Day. It's nice because we are using the Table Service then toward's Royal Table since that takes 2.

Thoughts? Good choices?

Our rundown is
June 29: Stay on grounds hang out
June 30: MK
July 1: Stay on Grounds/Downtown Disney
July 2: Hollywood Studios
July 3: Stay on Grounds
July 4: Animal Kingdom / 1900 Park Fare for Dinner
July 5: MK
July 6: Leave...so sad.

GooofyforFun

One thing to make sure if the kids are OK with the characters for the meals? Our DS3 was terrified before we went of headed costumed people ( anything), Our first night was at CM and it took all night to get him Ok with them he did not let my neck go :eek: But we talke dhim through it so it wouldn't be a long week :sohappy: So glad we stop at CM first and before we even went to the parks.

Just check if you like what the character meals are serving for you as parents.http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Not sure if you realize this, but although you can use dining credits the last day of your stay, you are not getting an extra credit for this day. If you are there for 7 nights, 8 days, you only get 7 days worth of credits, not 8.

D23

Original Poster
Thanks for that heads up. I wasn't positive.

I talked with the wife and our schedule will remain the same we will just opt to pay out for Planet Hollywood. Esp since they already give us $15 voucher towards food there as part of the package.

Thanks again for the tip.

So any thoughts on the rundown? I have never been Chef Mickey's or 1900.

And what about quick service suggestions too.

Jonathan

CBug88

For quick service.. a few places I recommend are:

Casey's Hot dogs, Pecos Bills, Harbor House- Magic Kingdom

Electric Umbrella, Germany (Can't remember the name of the counter service)- EPCOT

Flame Tree BBQ- Animal Kingdom

Pizza Planet- Studios

D23

Original Poster
Thanks for those.

I think Habor House may be a good place about mid day since I tend to start in Adventureland at the start of the day.

Looking at the quick service, I think you are dead on with Pizza Planet. May be the way to go.

Thanks a ton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom