Longest Drive to WDW...

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by edwardtc
I think the Bus from Michigan got lost....if it took 28.5 hours! That's INSANE. Lots of potty breaks I presume?

We drive straight thru from Indianapolis, IN. It's exactly 1,007 miles from our front door to the Port Orleans Riverside Parking Lot :D We do it in about 17 hours - and that's driving just a tad over the speed limit.....well, ok, about 80!

I agree...I pull a 31' Airstream trailer behind a full-size custom van from MI and it only takes me 21 hours. Or maybe I'm just really excited to get there...it always does take me longer to get back to MI.

Hmm...maybe there were coming from Marquette in the UP.

Journey

I don't feel so bad after reading this thread! We are driving down from the Northeastern coast of NC. so I figure about 14 hours.

Not so bad!:D

triparkal

I'm moving to orlando in a few days... so i'll be driving my car from california to disney world... mapquest's estimate is 44 hours on the road.
any hints for a first time loooong trip driver?
-john v

speck76

Originally posted by triparkal
I'm moving to orlando in a few days... so i'll be driving my car from california to disney world... mapquest's estimate is 44 hours on the road.
-john v

Don't try to drive too much in one day if you do not have to. Make sure to take lots of breaks (and carry an empty gatorade bottle with you, in case the next rest area is 300 miles away):lol:

Also, take care not to hit larger cities at rush hours, it can really delay your trip.

Drive safe:D

phlydude

Originally posted by triparkal
-john v

Every couple hours (3-4 is the max), stop the car, get out and walk around. If you don't, you run the risk of developing blood clots in your legs.

In addition, keep yourself cool. I have found more times than not that warm temps tend to make people sleepy and cool air or A/C keep people awake.

COFFEE and lots of it!

If you feel tired, you are already too tired to continue. :snore: Find a motel or hotel or if you're no where near one, find a rest stop or a wide shoulder and pull off the road. Take a nap before continuing.

Debbie

Originally posted by Raven66
I love the welcome center in Ocala!!:) It's a sign of being almost there.:sohappy:

I used to stop there to get my room. Disney discontinued walk-in rates; and I got some great deals there. I once got the one bedroom at the Disney Institute for $89.00, the Contemporary for $129.00, and the Polynesian for $139.00.
I still love to go there because as you said; it's a sign of almost being there.

Chris

We are right at 1,000 miles and usually drive it about twice a year. With stops it takes us about 16 hours. Here is what it takes us to fly it if everything works perfectly:

40 minutes - Drive to airport
75 minutes - check in and wait on flight
65 minutes - flight to St Lousi
120 minutes - lay over in St Louis
110 minutes - flight to Orlando
45 minutes - get luggage and rental car
30 minutes - drive to resort

Total time OVER 8 HOURS!!!

Driving is much more relaxing to me. I save $800 on the airfare and $200 on a rental car and only spend $300 on gas.

tillman1

I live upstate N.Y. My family and I went this past April with 10 kids and 12 adults we left at 9p.m and got to wdw at 7pm the next day so almost 24 hrs. I say. coming back forget it it toke like a day in a half because we didn't want leave wdw.

Budahman

Original Poster
WOW.!! :eek:

After reading some of the posts, and seeing how far some of you drive. I really feel like another drive from Nebraska doesn't seem that bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom