Longest Drive to WDW...

Budahman

Original Poster
WOW..
When I started this thread, I thought there may be some responses, but WOW.
I love to drive, and when we do drive to WDW, it's usually fall time, so the drive is very nice.
Maybe I'm just older now, and too lazy to try it again.??
I think most of it is that we do have a new baby (5 mths old), and probably flying would be easier, than try to drive the 2 days in a car with the her.
Depending if the flying costs ever go DOWN.????

phlydude

Originally posted by Budahman
WOW..
When I started this thread, I thought there may be some responses, but WOW.
I love to drive, and when we do drive to WDW, it's usually fall time, so the drive is very nice.
Maybe I'm just older now, and too lazy to try it again.??
I think most of it is that we do have a new baby (5 mths old), and probably flying would be easier, than try to drive the 2 days in a car with the her.
Depending if the flying costs ever go DOWN.????

I think airfare has remained pretty stagnant over the past year or two. I guess you can't fly Southwest huh?

brisem

Last month took us 21 hrs from Connecticut. Left at 10p and stopping every 2hrs or so for my pregnant wife to walk around. The key to the trip is to get by DC before morning rush hour.

Kwit35

We once drove from San Jose, CA to FL. But we happened to be moving there at the time. Disney was definately in there somewhere.

Budahman

Original Poster
**update**
OK, We had planned to drive and I looked forward to it---BUT We just booked our plane tickets. Don't know how we got it, but we got them under $200 each. After thinking about it, I think this is a better thing. We can't wait to get there in September.
I know we'll drive again in the near future-probably next year when our little girl is alittle older.

:)

StevenT

It takes me a whole 3 hours to WDW. It's such a long drive I know, almost unbearable.

Sits back to watch the jealousy :fork:

:lol:

bjlc57

you have to count the costs..

We got a rental car for around $600 plus $350 for gas for the trip. We would have had to paid about $900 for a plane tickets for four. and then rent a car because we stay off base. So even with paying for one night at a hotel coming home, ( we stayed with friends one night coming down. ) it was much cheaper. We were on a very tight budget this last time. But it was really, really, REALLY Worth it. Like I said this is the last time, that we probably be all together. Let me say this, if can afford to go, even if its close, GO! because your kids grow up extremely fast. Once they get to be teens they may not want to go on vacation with you or go to Disney. And you never know how your kids will grow up. If any of you are even thinking of going as an outside chance, GO and have a good time. Things change way too quickly.

surfsupdon

It takes us 16-20 hours, depending on the construction on 95. We hail form NJ.

And, to make matters even worse, there is a strict absence of Dunkin Donuts once you leave NJ. You will not find the Dunkin Donuts logo on any of those blue signs on 95 that inform you of lodgings, gas, and foods within a 4 mile distance of the corridor.

All I wnated was a sausage egg and cheese on a croissant and by the time we made it to Delaware and I couldn't satisfy that craving until the 4th or 5th exit once in Florida! Ahhh, it was horrible and made for a sickening ride for me, lol.

But seriosuly the ride down is great, funny conversations and stuff, but the drive back is treacherous.

phlydude

There's a Dunkin Donuts off of exit 1-B in Delaware on I-95 (and a sneaky way around the DE/MD toll barrier). When you get off the ramp, get left and it is on your left about 1/2 mile down the road.

(To bypass the toll [DON'T GET CAUGHT - Police look for this thing and reward you with a $25 fine if caught. If coming from Dunkin DOnuts, you should be good] coming from I-95 at 1-B turn LEFT on Chestnut Hill Rd. Go to the end. Turn Right on Otts Chapel Rd. Take to the end. Turn LEFT onto Elkton Rd (DE 2). Stay right. As you cross DE/MD border, the road turns to MD 279 which is exit 109 on I-95 in MD. Go down about 1.5 miles and enter highway toll-free until Baltimore at the tunnel.)

phlydude

Originally posted by bigcarolina77
The old lady and I drove from Anchorage, Alaska...95 hours!!!

Have they paved that road yet? Last time I read about it, the road that came down through British Columbia from Alaska was gravel in some places. Can't imagine how much that would slow down the journey!

josenk

From Montreal, Canada... About 26-28 hours on the road. :hurl:

Once while boarding TTA, there was a guy and his wife arguing in front of me... The guy turned around and asked me if I drove and how long it took. I told him 2 days and he turned to his wife and said... "See three hours is nothing, so next time shut up!" :brick:

PeeplMoovr

My wife and I once drove from Seattle, WA (our old home) to Orlando, Florida. We stopped in a few places to visit friends, but our final destination was to be WDW. The mileage was around 3,200 miles, and it took us just over 6 days.
And it was worth it.
Now we live in Pinellas County, FL and it takes me about 90 minutes. I can do day trips now. In Seattle it was even a 6.5 hour flight to get down here.
I also once drove from Boulder, CO to WDW when I lived in Boulder and did that in 2 days.

Raven66

Two years ago we drove from Michigan straight thru and it was 23 hours. This past trip (May) we drove from Missouri and it took 15 hours. We've been back for 5 days and I'm having Disney withdrawals BAD:cry:

celticdog

Originally posted by bigcarolina77
The old lady and I drove from Anchorage, Alaska...95 hours!!!

OH MY GOD!!! That's four days of driving!!!

You are better man than I. There's no way I could do that much driving at one time.

And I thought 56 hours to Montana was bad.

Debbie

Originally posted by surfsupdon

And, to make matters even worse, there is a strict absence of Dunkin Donuts You will not find the Dunkin Donuts logo on any of those blue signs on 95 that inform you of lodgings, gas, and foods within a 4 mile distance of the corridor.

We don't have Dunkin' Donuts here; only Krispy Kreme for about two years. My husband has all the boys scoping out Cafe' Risque' :rolleyes:
It's 650 miles to WDW. We leave at 2 or 3 in the morning so we can make our ritual stop at the WDW Welcome Center in Ocala. Our 9 year old gets motion sickness so he's out for the most of the ride, thank goodness for Dramamine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom