Longest Disney Vacation

PoohNTink02

Original Poster
Hey.. I believe this has discussed before on the forum but what were some of the longest vacation stays by a Disney guest?

Disney_Belle

I met quite a few retired couples who stay at Fort Wilderness for 2 months or so in their RV's in the winter, I would think that qualifies :)

dove_

I remember seeing something online where a guy stayed for a year.

He was young, and somehow started an incredibly lucrative company, something involving computers. So he took a year off and just went every single day for a year. He had live feeds of everywhere he went, too. I wish I could find the site! Made me feel like I was there. :lookaroun

EDIT: found, but the actual website isn't up anymore, just this article about it

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/11/kid-spending-a-year-.html

16 days for us in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. There is a DVC member from Georgia I believe, who stays for two months each year, usually at Disney's Old Key West. He has or had a huge farming business, he's older and retired now we've heard.

Main Street USA

I went for two weeks the year I got married down there, and I gotta say, by the end of the second week, I was really ready to go home. For whatever reason, the two weeks was just too much.

Tinkerbella16

I would LOVE to stay that long, but its definately not an option with the money, and taking off that many days at a time from work. Sometimes I wonder how some people do it...but then again some people have money like that.

Our one week long trip a year is expensive, let alone staying for 2 or more weeks!! :shrug:

New2WDW

We started with 4 to 5 night trips, then expanded to 7 nights and this year we are going to try 10 nights/11 days! :sohappy:

yankspy

There is someone on this site who owns 2000 DVC points. For those of you who are not familar with DVC that could easily get you a couple of months stay depending on what room you choose and what resort you stay at.

We once stayed for three weeks and we were ready to go home. However, this was back in the day before there were four parks, etc..

Disneykidder

8 days was our max. We are are staying another 8 this summer. After that, I am exhausted. But, i'd still try a 2 weeker. I wouldn't go to the parks every day, though. I'd relax a couple of them.:)

wvdisneyfamily

We started with 7 days and 7 nights. We are not at 12 days and 12 nights. If they would ever offer a ticket that was not an AP or SP for more than 10 days, we would increase our stay by that much more.

kasey1988

Ive stayed 7nights twice and 10nights once. I find 7days not long enough and byt the end of 10 i was exhausted. I think if i did the 10 again i would have to incorportate a non-disney park and more time to relax

Ashitaka

I first started going to WDW around 1993 with my brother. Being two guys in our mid-20s without much money, we had to take short trips and stay at one of the AllStars. We'd go once a year, sometimes even twice a year, but only stay 3-nights, 4-days or even just 2-nights, 3-days. So we'd rush around trying to fit in as much in as we could.

By 2003, it had been a few years since we last went on one of these trips together. Now somewhat better off financially, we booked 4-nights, 5-days at the Contemporary. And we kept up the rush, rush, rush mode of before. We hadn't taken into consideration that we were now well into our 30s and no longer in the shape we once were. Partway through day four we really hit a wall. We realized if we ever did five or more days again, we'd have to start planning a day or two of rest in the middle, or at least take it much slower.

This past December I took my ladyfriend there for her birthday. We stayed 4-nights, 5-days at AKL. She is far more of a sit-by-the-pool-and-relax type person than I am. Since we had both been before, we didn't feel the need to get to everything. At the end of the trip, we felt we managed to do about as much of the parks as we had wanted to. But both of us really would have liked more time just relaxing at AKL, which we loved.

So this coming October we're going back to AKL and going to stay my longest time yet - 6-nights, 7-days. The trip will be kind of split up, since the first three nights her sister and niece will be joining us (the niece will be celebrating her 9th birthday there), and then the next three nights will just be my ladyfriend and I.

Someday, I'd love to stay 10 days. Anything over that and I might get bored (heresy, I know). But for now, the 6 nights at a Deluxe really is stretching our bank accounts (but frankly, we're too spoiled now to downgrade).

Fun2BFree

Our longest trip has been 21 nights in 2001 and 2007. This year however, we're staying 28 nights. Travelling from the UK, the flights are a significant expense, so when we do get there we stay as long as we can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom