LoL Lands

Chad

Original Poster
Maybe inside a big crystal? (Sorry, always been a big fan of crystal shapes..) And it could change colors? How about ontop of a big temple, with egyptian pillars, a greek dome and pyramids (small, maybe smooth and glossy..Stargate?) I'll get some quick art up :)

Yes

Now we are talking...in fact...have a crystal that has as many faces as lands in the park..then each of the faces nits a different light color that reflects on the land...gt a mental picture??? Different cystal faces that reflects a flood of colored light in each light...there ye go!

Chad

Original Poster
I'm sensing the ground work for a night time firework show :) :) unlike any other!

Yes, that would work great! Someone do some artwork for this!

wagner92

The crystal---Wouldn't that kinda be like Islands of Adventures with the lighthouse? ... what I meant by the entrance and land being all one, was that the entrance would be basically separate from the land, except they both have the same theming.

Chad

Original Poster
Not the way I have it envisioned...I don't think of it as being on a tower, more like on the top of the roof...I guess it would be similar to the lighthouse, but not really THAT similar...I understand what you mean about the entrance...But I don't know about it being it's own land...for some reason, it just FEELS wrong to me...I can't really explain it...

wagner92

There are several shapes that should be prevailent in the park. Circle, square, and triangle. The shape of the overall park should be a circle. Let's use a triangle as the basis for the entrance. By that I mean at each vertex is an major attraction, not necessarily e-ticket, but at the point of the triangle is the mountain ... whatever.... do ya understand?

Mikemc

I would liketo vote for 1,2,3 and 7.

The entrance ideas are very good. The entranceto the park is the most imortant part of the park. It is the place you can make or break someones impression of the park.

Personally I think we should be a bit different to the rest of the parks. Our Lands of Legends should be reached on a journey. As you pass through the turnstiles you look up and see a mountain that is beautiful with streams and trees, even some animals eating of the grass and foliage.

As you walk towards the mountain you notice a selection of tunnels. All of them are marked entrance in many different languages. As you walk through the tunnels a voice explains that you about to begin a journey through time and history. "Welcome to The Lands of Legends"

The tunnel itself is a big hall or auditaurium. Around the edges there are video wallsfor people to leave messagesabout who they are and where the are from. These images are projected onto the ceiling of the hall . The narrative continues to speak " You are joined by many as you take this journey" As you leave the other side of the mountain. You enter the central area of the park. From here you can visit all the Lands of the park. From here all the lands have there own themed entrances.

In the central area will be all your guest amneties, shops and cafes and restaurants.

Well just an idea

WeirdOne

Hey There...

Just Tow Things...

Hey DisJosh...Sorry I didn't mail you my ideas, I got piled with work after that 5 day break we had...so much, I can't keep up...as soon as I get time, I'll type and send...

As for Atlantis, let's use the Island At The Top Of The World Attraction originally planned for Discovery Bay.

Tell me what you think..Bed time...

The WeirdOne :hammer:

Chad

Original Poster
I really think we need to hybrid these two ideas together. The mountain, and atlantis.

This is how I see it.

The Entrance would be atlantis, a town street that leads to a temple standing atop a magnificent mountain. Domed ceiling, large towers, archways, statues, all adorn this temple. A stair in the middle of it leads up to a ride.. (If weirdone would like to elaborate on the Temple in the sky attraction, maybe it would fit here..) On either side of this stair would be access to under the mountain, which would be a large 'couryard' the hub of the park, large pillars would appear tio be holding the mountain up, as waterfalls fall, crystals sparkle, etc. Here there would be gates to the different lands.

Now, lets step back. The road that atlantis would be on would be shaped like a lower case 't' with the mountain on the top of the t, and two, lesser attractions on the cross line. The rest of the building would be your regular shops and resteraunts, customer service, stroller rental, etc. Soooooooo...Concept art? Anyone?
Just some quick sketches? I'm gonna give it a whirl, but I'm heading to disney tommorow for a 3-day vacation, so I won't be getting back with you for awhile...

Also, throw some Ideas out for the two lesser rides...Maybe on featuring the movie atlantis?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom