LoL Lands

disney2b

um still i'm sure the volcano is not part of that section or land. Oh and i never saw atlantis the movie i was too busy watching fast anfd the furious and goign to disney world

Chad

Original Poster
OK, guys, we have 3 days, count em', 3 days. Thats gives you till oct 13th to submit any ideas before we vote.
Currently we have:
1 Native American
2 South American
3 Hawaiin/Polynesian
4 Rome/greek w/ atlantis
5 Oriental
6 Egypt
7 Atlantis (As it's own land, don't vote for this if you already voted for #4)
8 Rome/greek w/o atlantis (don't vote for this if you already voted for #4)

Thats what I have so far, keep ideas comming! oct 13th! Oct 13!
btw
today is oct 10th, which so happens to be my b-day:sohappy:

WDW-Imagineer

I am truly confident that we can easily develope Atlantis into its own land. Disney2b, MB, and myself have been brainstorming and I feel that Atlantis will work best if it is its own land. So I vote for everything except number 4.

I really want to do the Polynesian so thats my vote on top of that I think WDWI has some good ideas for a great Atlantis land on its own, also I dont want the park having millions of lands, we'll lose our patience and end up throwing crap into them, so I vote for everyone except 4 & 6, Egypts been done already(Busch). Ok I really got some cool ideas for the Polynesian land, Personally this is the only land where I really really want to work on. So far Ive come up with an idea of a Volcano being the highlight of the land, Like the Kilauea Volcano In Hawaii. This would be called Fire Mountain, like the Disney ride that never was, but different. The Volcano would be active (disney style) and would feature a coaster, Disney2b, our coaster genius will design it while I and whoever who would like to lend a hand, will theme it. So far we got that it would be a flying coaster, where the lift hill would take you outside the mountain and dive into the crater of the active volcano. The volcano would slowly erupt as you enter the top, and as you enter the ground would be lava inside with darkness all around you, dodging fire balls and falling land masses, the ride would be themed not as jules verne, but as polynesian exploration guides, The trip would go horridly wrong and send you into the Volcano, maybe your on a arial trip around the crater and you go diving in, avoiding the dangers that lurk beneath where you finnaly remain safe exiting the mountain. This kinda ride would be thought to be a simulator with ride film, but I want to go all out and make it reality.Tell me what you think, remember nothing is official. Heres a quick RCT pic of teh outside, this ride wa originally in one of my parks I made, but thats only a early version of it, it would be much larger and the Volcano would actually be where the coaster drops into.
fire.jpg

wagner92

Sorry, but I had to butt in. As an outsider, I must say that these are the lands I would put in and some visual images with each:
Latin: Andes Mts., Spanish Quarter...
Caribbean: Polynesian, Islands
Far East: Could also be Polynesian, very old bds
Mediterranean: Greek, Romans, Atlantis
Africa: Egypt, Diamond Mines (Lost City of Zinj)
Old/New Europe (Europe and America): Cities...

And Atlantis is actually the continent of Antarctica. It's the only continent that fits Plato's description of Atlantis. And in about 10,000 B.C., about the supposed time of Atlantis, Antarctica was located right between North America, South American, and Europe, right below the Equator in the Atlantic Ocean. Of course, provided it exists.

Chad

Original Poster
Wagner! You decided to join in! Those are some great ideas!
Only, you didn't put native american in there...

WeirdOne

Hey...

I think we should divide the lands into 3 big lands and then many sublands....

Land, Sea, And Air

That would simplify this park so much and yet keep the lands very general. Because that way we can add sub-lands in a broad catagory and not start specific and keep getting more specific. The WeirdOne :sohappy:

P.S.- Anyone Going To Consider My Idea At All?

DisJosh

Chad, i noticed ya included atlantis w/ greece/rome. Well the actual thougtht location of atlantis is off the coast of florida so i think atlanis deserves it;s own submerged island type of land.

Chad

Original Poster
I have atlantis on the ballot twice, once as part of greece/rome, and once by itself, so you can decide which you want. I just that Atlantis would be a neat 'miniland' inside of greece/rome, sorta like sawyer island...

LAND SEA AIR IDEA
This, is a very good idea, and I was considering it, thinking of how it would work...Could you elaborate on it some?

WeirdOne

To elaborate on the Land, Sea, Air Idea...We could have this way or similar.

The park can be divided into a 4 section area. The Entrance, The Land, The Sea, The Air. In On The Left Could Be The Land. You enter a hub like the hubs at Disneyland, etc. From there you enter sub-lands based on legends...and so on...

Here is a pic below...

Attachments

• basicmap.jpg
    basicmap.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 91

Chad

Original Poster
OK, this Idea is great, but I have a question. Wouldn't there be alot of overlapping? I mean, what if we had good Ideas for a Native american Land ride, and a native american sea ride....It would be very difficult to manage.

Goofster

Ok, I don't have a problem with Atlantis being it's own land, I just think It should be right next to the Roman/Greek land then. It doesn't matter where or what Atlantis actually is (if it's real) but It had a big part in Greek history, so the two lands should be connected in some way, if only by a bridge

WeirdOne

To Chad...About Overapping...

That's Why we would put the bigger lands closer to each other, or the ones that have to most chance to overlap...so they seem like one. And the less used lands with legends towards the back. That's how I envision this working. But, if this doesn't work for you people, I'd be glad to devise a new type of land division.

DisJosh

Weird, we've already kind of decided on a lands lay out. It's a hub and spokes type of design with mountain ranges being the dividers of each land. By all means if you have new ideas please post them though. Nothing is perminamt....

WeirdOne

To DisJosh

Ohh...SO that's what you guys mean...With all those RCT screens I got totally confused...WOW...I totally agree with the lands set out that way...I thought you guys had them sortof similar to that, but the RCT screens threw me off...WOW...that's awesome looking. WOW. Thanks For Clearing That Up...I agree with them layed out that way...:king: :sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king: :sohappy: :king: :sohappy:

Chad

Original Poster
OK, I too, believe that Atlantis would be great if attached to Greece/rome.

I think it would be great if there was a ride that would GET you to atlantis, and then have another that gets you out. Making it completely hidden from view, secretive, just like the real atlantis.

So...
Here is a rough Map drawing that I came up with, showing land divisions. It's an overhead view, the large brown mass is the mountain and its extending smaller mountains. Each land is color coded. Green is trees or Foilage, and notice that each land has its own mountain aswell. I didn't bother to add water, and you can barely see it, but at the base of the mountain are caves that lead in and out to the bottom of it. Below I will also post another picture of my idea for the front emtrance.

Attachments

• lolmap.jpg
    lolmap.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 73

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom