LoL Lands

WeirdOne

Just A Question Or Two...

Why Are We Using Mountains, What significance do they have towards the general theme of legends, I don't see the conection, not even as separation berms...And why is the entrance a valley of crystals? Don't understand that one either. Sorry, don't understand this or any of the other posts about the entrance. I hope I don't come out as putting these ideas down, I just don't understand the connection. The WierdOne :eek:

Chad

Original Poster
No, you don't sound like you're putting them down at all. Thats what we do, critique one another.

This is why I like the mountains:
1 They have no affiliation with any land or region, all regions have mountains in them.
2 All legends and stories started off on a form of stone. Be it cave paintings, or tablets of stone, all stories, knowledge, everything was passed down through rock before paper. This is why (it was mentioned slightly) the walls would have writings and carvings along them. I didn't draw it, because I'm not that good of an artist.
3 The crystals-Cause they look pretty. And becasue gem stones are part of alot of religous and cultural rituals.

Those are my reasons for it, anyways. :)
Plus what does main street USA have to do with 'magic kingdom?' whats so magical about a 1920-30's main street?

WeirdOne

Just A Suggestion

Well Chad, Main Street Has Everything To Do With The Magic Kingdom...It's Walt's Magical Dream Town...

Ok, Anyhow...

I think that the entrance should be a culturally diffused bizaar of shops and many walkways and such...not just a valley of stone...that is quite boring in my opinion. Please consider y'all

The WeirdOne :hammer:

Chad

Original Poster
My master plan for the main entrance was for it not to be that grand, and not to be that big.
Mind you, this is my master plan, not the final decision on the main entrance.
I wanted it to be very plan, with a limited amount of shops. Canyons have never seemed boring to me, they would be beautifully designed, with fading colors, redds, oranges, deep browns. Like the grand canyon. The crystals as well, would add color and beauty to it, not too mention the huge waterfall, that you'd be walking under. But the main reason I wanted it plain was so that at the end of the night, the big show could occur easily. My plan was for the waterfall to stop, revealing a stage behind the wall of water, and then a 15-20 minute fantasmic type show would be played...

Thats what I thought up. I liked the 'bazaar' idea, but for the love of God, It's so overused. I just thought this was a refreshing, interesting idea. Maybe we could make it longer, add some rack overhangs and cliffs. I don't know, I'm not that great of an artist...My ideas don't translate to paper well.:sohappy:

WeirdOne

Monsieur WeirdOne Sees In His Crystal Ball...

Monsieur WeirdOne Sees In His Crystal Ball...

Ok, first, what kind of wseating is there to be if this entrance is just a big walkway to the mountain..."Monsieur WeirdOne Thinks An Issue Is Boiling..."

Second...How About We Have Various Cultural Shops Carved Into The Rock...A.K.A...The Tree Of Life Sortof...

Another Thing...I See This Entrance Way In No Real Order To Host A Show...A Seating Area And A Hub Before The Mountain Seems Needed To Me...

"Monsieur WeirdOne Is Done..."

The WeirdOne :hammer: :king: :sohappy: :goodnevil: :fork:

Chad

Original Poster
Woah...That was alot of smiley icons... :)
I'm not making this issue, I'm just discussing stuff with you, not arguing...
Ok, the only evening show that has seating is Fantasmic. The fantasy in the sky, and reflections of earth both have no seating, so seating is not an issue.
Your ideas are great, so why don't you consolidate them all, write em' up, and get some art down for them?

WeirdOne

WHOA THERE...

WHo said I was arguing...I was just trying to get Phantom Manor out of my head...

Ok, I could write these ideas all down and post them to save time, but I have too much homework for tuesday to worry about...sorry...

Concept Art...no sir, not me, I can't for see it...there must be something mor...yaddy yaddy yaddy...Listen here sunshine...I can't draw worth beans...(hope I don't sound to bossy here)....and I don't intend to draw...If I have to I will, but I don't intend to...Anyhow...

And lastly...I see major crowding for this show since it isn't on all sides of the mountain...major crowds, major people, major problem...maybe it can encompass half of the mountain...or something...

Ok, hope that wasn't very bossy, rude, self-concieted, pushing people ideas down, arguing, or anything anti-SOJI laws...

The WeirdOne :D ;) :p : :rolleyes: :hammer: :slurp::king: :fork: :goodnevil :sohappy:

DisJosh

Re: WHOA THERE...

Originally posted by WeirdOne
WHo said I was arguing...I was just trying to get Phantom Manor out of my head...

Ok, I could write these ideas all down and post them to save time, but I have too much homework for tuesday to worry about...sorry...

Concept Art...no sir, not me, I can't for see it...there must be something mor...yaddy yaddy yaddy...Listen here sunshine...I can't draw worth beans...(hope I don't sound to bossy here)....and I don't intend to draw...If I have to I will, but I don't intend to...Anyhow...

And lastly...I see major crowding for this show since it isn't on all sides of the mountain...major crowds, major people, major problem...maybe it can encompass half of the mountain...or something...

Ok, hope that wasn't very bossy, rude, self-concieted, pushing people ideas down, arguing, or anything anti-SOJI laws...

The WeirdOne :D ;) :p : :rolleyes: :hammer: :slurp:

Weird, E-mail all your ideas to me and I'll get them down on paper.....thats what I'm here for :D

WeirdOne

Why...

Why...How Kind Of You...I Can't Ever Be More Grateful...Give Me 1 Day...Before 10 PM EST on Monday...Gives Me TIme To Get Them All Down On Some Paper...(General Concept)...

The WeirdOne (How Am I Possibly Supposed To Become A Show Designer With So Much Homework?!) :king:

DisJosh

Re: Why...

Originally posted by WeirdOne
Why...How Kind Of You...I Can't Ever Be More Grateful...Give Me 1 Day...Before 10 PM EST on Monday...Gives Me TIme To Get Them All Down On Some Paper...(General Concept)...

The WeirdOne (How Am I Possibly Supposed To Become A Show Designer With So Much Homework?!) :king:

No prob! LOL the home work does tend to get in the way.....I cant seem to get much work done for SOJI. Or is it the other way around? lol :D

Chad

Original Poster
Yeah, weird one, thats what i meant. E-mail or PM someone with art talent (like our friend Josh here) and let them pencil your stuff down :)
And stop apologizing for voicing your opinion! You're not doing anything wrong!!

wagner92

Guys. A couple of things bother me about the whole entrance thing. It makes no sense. Personally, I don't think of mountains when I think of Egypt, Greece, Native Americans, Africa, etc. IF this park is a Land of Legends, why not start off with a ultimate legend for the park entrance. Have the entrance simply be a large temple that leads to an hub... mountain or not... Everyone seems to be fixated with the entrance being a long walkway with a mountain at the end. I agree with WeirdOne... it makes no sense. Lose the crystals too. I just don't like the idea at all. Sorry.
To elaborate on the idea of a temple or ultimate legend starting it off.... I don't know if any of you guys are scholars in history... but there is one constant legend throughout all different kinds of cultures. THE FLOOD. Many civilizations from the Incas to the Egyptians to the Vikings to the Syrians to the Greco-Roman Empire all speak of a great catalysmic flood (Noah's Ark) (It may be a legend or fact based upon your religious preference) All civilizations also speak of a strange breed of blond, god-like or demigods that came from afar from a destroyed land (The supposed Atlantis.) They spoke of an advanced civilization that had astonishing medical, religious, and political features. Plato used some of these legends and fables to create the piece of work in which he proposes a long-lost land called Atlantis, which was roughly the size of 1/3 to 2/3 of the contiental United States. (It was not a city, rather it was a continent-the 8th contient.) This legend can be verifed by someway in how the subordinate civilizations that later became the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans, all were very primitive until around the time of the FLOOD, and then one by one, they all came up with amazing discoveries, such as the Mayan calender, which is exactly correct to the earth's rotation, give or take a couple of seconds... and the time it would've taken to do that far superscedes the time the Mayans actually existed! Product of Atlantis? Perhaps.
Enough of the history lesson (it pays to be a student of history as well as art!) With that said, Atlantis is the supposed legend that gave rise to all of the magnificent civilizations of Greece, Rome, Egypt, South America, China, Vikings... etc. SO, WHY NOT make it the entrance to LoL!?!?!?!? The entrance is something that ties all lands together. Seeing how Atlantis ties into all legends of the world, why not make it the entrance? Sorry for the length.

Chad

Original Poster
Wagner, I think that wheter you believe you have time or not, you are part of this :)

Those are GREAT ideas, and I'm ready to throw my mountain idea out the window.. (though I still like it....) Or maybe we could tie the two together? Make A temple on the top of a mountain, so we can continue the mountain range idea, letting each land have a mountain still.

For atlantis, I am seeing lots of waterfalls....

Though this new idea may make quite a few people unhappy, because alot want to see atlantis turn into a big land, not just an entrance...

wagner92

It is a land that just happens to be the entrance too. This way, it can be a big land, (land+entrance=big land). Dare I say I could do art?

Chad

Original Poster
Big lands with attractions are horrible for traffic flow...Everyone coming, going, and hanging out in front of rides, waiting for friends to come out...Mayhem! Thats why the majority of the themeparks don't have anything in the main entrance....

an idea

In ancient architectural history, Mayan Civilizations put temple, pyramids at the top of mountains, b.c they figured it was the closet to god!

Chad

Original Poster
They were called zigaruats(sp?)

I think we should blend all different types of architecture into an atlantis entrance...with maybe one e-ticket ride in a mountain/temple at the end of the entrance, and a smaller attraction somewhere in the land it's self...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom