Location of a fifth park

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I've looked at satellite images of the entire resort complex and it gets me wondering of the whole idea of a fifth park we all like to dream about. And the only place that looks like they could place is east of the Magic Kingdom... any other place I've seen is either too close to a resort or closer to another park.

I could be wrong tho on where it could go...but..where would you think?

S.E.A.

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I've looked at satellite images of the entire resort complex and it gets me wondering of the whole idea of a fifth park we all like to dream about. And the only place that looks like they could place is east of the Magic Kingdom... any other place I've seen is either too close to a resort or closer to another park.

I could be wrong tho on where it could go...but..where would you think?

they could put it in that huge plot of land north of Animal Kingdom

napnet

Epcot and MGM are basically just across the street from each other... you can even see ToT from Epcot. Why couldn't they put one closer to each other?

S.E.A.

napnet said:
Epcot and MGM are basically just across the street from each other... you can even see ToT from Epcot. Why couldn't they put one closer to each other?

they could but it would give them more creative freedom to space them apart. All you have to do is go to Tokyo Disney and see how being so close to each other ain't that much of a good thing (Tokyo Disneyland can no longer have a complex fireworks show without disrupting the atmosphere in Tokyo DisneySea). Even in Epcot and MGM where Fantasmic! and Illuminations collide at night and how ToT has to be disguised to blend into EPCOT. plus, distance adds to the staging of the park, adds a sense of anticipation.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
napnet said:

I thought of that and If I'm not mistaken I think it was that it loses the "Magic" or something...that is why the parks were spaced out so it doesn't lose anything from the skyline..IE: Tower of Terror can be seen from across the lagoon hiding ever so nicely in Morroco

nyy102

I think that, if possible, they would want to put the fifth park near at least a couple of resorts that are not currently linked to a park (ie, Epcot Resort area, etc). This would still allow them to build more resorts, but at the same time they would have the basis for the "(Insert name of fifth park here) Resort Area". I think this could be especially useful for a resort thats seeing its profits decline, if there are any.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Cmdr_Crimson said:

and what's wrong with being close to a resort or park? (look at Epcot/MGM)

I don't think anything major will go that far north in their property.

S.E.A.

that's true...probably why EPCOT and MGM are so close to each other.

Maybe they could put it near Saratoga Springs or something.

But then again, why did they put DAK so far away?

darthjohnny

They probably put Animal Kingdom so far away because the animals. But Disney did say they weren't putting a new park in America anytime soon. This land clearing could be the rumored addition of the Vacation Club Villas for one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts (i.e. Contemporary)

and don't forget that from blizzard beach you can see all four of the Disney theme parks when at the top of the mountain and it is even clearer before you go on summit plummit

i agree that it should be placed to the north of animal kingdom because there is a lot of unused space there.

S.E.A.

darthjohnny said:
They probably put Animal Kingdom so far away because the animals. But Disney did say they weren't putting a new park in America anytime soon. This land clearing could be the rumored addition of the Vacation Club Villas for one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts (i.e. Contemporary)

there is no land clearing...this thread is purely speculation. a "what-if" type of discussion.

I personally think, depending on the theme of the 5th park, that putting it east of MK would be ok. Especially if it is very complimentary to the theme of MK, like DisnyeSea or something.

if they decide to go with a park that would go against SeaWorld, then it should rightfully be north of Animal Kingdom.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ easy access - in the late 80`s Buena Vista Drive was expanded between Epcot Center Drive and World Drive as part of the studios and Caribbean Beach developments. Prior to this any east-west traffic had to go via Epcot Center Drive. In keeping with it`s original small plan, the studios could have direct access of World Drive, and exit onto Buena Vista (hence the traffic jams at park closing now with no real exit strategy)

The park could also tie into the Crescent Lake development and have water or tram links to it until the monorail was extended. Yes, really.

The Swan and Dolphin had to be built where they were due to a complex legal situation - and be the ideal studio resort hotels until the studios got it`s own resorts (still waiting...). Since the Swan and Dolphin wen`t Disney, the mouse had to build it`s own resorts to match, and with the land available the Yacht and Beach were ideal - also helping to tying in the Studios / Crescent Lake / World Showcase arc.

The masterplan places a 5th gate where Wide World of Sports is now. East of the MK would need a total rethink regarding infrastructure.

M:SpilotISTC12

If you were going to build anything near Bay Lake it would take tons of money to build supports for anything that is go into the water because the water in Bay Lake is very very deep.

djronnieb

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
If you were going to build anything near Bay Lake it would take tons of money to build supports for anything that is go into the water because the water in Bay Lake is very very deep.

how deep.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Uh... not really. What do you base DEEP on?

S.E.A.

no, not really....i mean considering Bay Lake is man made....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bay Lake is natural. Seven Seas Lagoon is man made. Bay Lake isn`t that deep considering it was pumped dry in the late 60`s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom