Local WDW meets? Any locals interested in regular get-togethers?

CaptainMichael

I would try to write a clever Haiku, but I don't think I'd know how.

but I would be open to the idea of meeting some of you when I visit in February (22-27 specifically).

BSikor

Im always up for a get together. I am actually sitting at home after my work schedule changed and I'm now off. I'm thinking of heading out to the parks.

belara

Hubby, son and I live in Sanford (maybe 40ish minutes away depending on traffic) and spend a lot of time in the World :)

Even had our wedding there in '04.

We're there randomly on Saturdays, but the next scheduled trips are 1/27 (just me and the hubby for a little while during the day for his b-day) 1/30-1/31 and 2/28-3/7 (for our anniversary). :D

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
So AWESOME we have some people wanting to do meets. Anyone want to share Facebook identities and do the event invitations? I see there is one for the February meet. :king:

I can go to the parks any weekend. I am totally down for dropping in on the weekends....:cool:

HMfreak

Regular local meet would be awesome. Maybe a set monthly thing would be good. That way its enough time to plan around.

Been going thru park withdrawl. Especially now that my hubby broke his toe. I swear, I didn't do it. :lookaroun

And as for having Epcot.Nut as my avatar- if I felt inclined to actually take time to have one...have I got a picture!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Not local, but I go down about 6 times a year. Would love to meet some other WDWmagic-ers while I'm there. My next trip is a solo trip, 2/17-2/21. Would love to hang out with some fellow Disney geeks while I'm there.

BikerJim

I have been meeting up with other locals for years. On any given Tuesday for Lunch at the German Biergarten. Alot of times it's just me but we have had groups of 10 in the past, especially during the F&Wfest. Another local spot is the Rose & Crown, any day. I've been going there 8 years and feel like a rookie. But everyone is nice and Carl remembers everyone.

Figment1986

I would love to attend group meets, but I have a tendency to become invisible in large groups of people.:eek:

I still don't know how you become invisible... when i try it people pay attention to me :brick: Just ignore those who are ignoring you :shrug: besides, it may be a fun EPIC :lookaroun event for you :D

Lee

Adventurer
I'll be around the resort Feb. 6-8. If something is going on, I would probably be able to make it.:wave:

goofntink

Hey Belara,we are 10 minutes away from you.Technically we are neighbors!:D We would definately be interested in this.Being I am at Disney in one of the parks or resorts more than once a week for work,and usually there every weekend. Heck If we wanted to do a scavenger hunt in one of the parks,it would not be hard for me to go in and set it up.Another game we could play would be rabbit hunt.Down here we have a different way of playing as southern boys.Some here might know what I am talking about.Basic premise of it is hide and seek.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Especially now that my hubby broke his toe. I swear, I didn't do it. :lookaroun

She pushed me. :cry:

I agree with my very intelligent better half. Set up a standing "3rd Saturday of the month" thing and we could all go together. Whoever shows shows. I'd be into that. I think we all get too caught up in our everyday lives and need a reason to actually go to the World. This would be a great reminder every month.

Now Shannon, you know this means that you'll actually have to visit another park besides Epcot right? :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

She pushed me. :cry:

I agree with my very intelligent better half. Set up a standing "3rd Saturday of the month" thing and we could all go together. Whoever shows shows. I'd be into that. I think we all get too caught up in our everyday lives and need a reason to actually go to the World. This would be a great reminder every month.

Now Shannon, you know this means that you'll actually have to visit another park besides Epcot right?
:lol:

Now why would anyone EVER do that?!?!:eek::eek::ROFLOL:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
And as for having Epcot.Nut as my avatar- if I felt inclined to actually take time to have one...have I got a picture!!!

Oh dear - those pesky blackmail pictures resurface....:lol:

Now Shannon, you know this means that you'll actually have to visit another park besides Epcot right? :lol:

:lookaroun Damn! :lol:

OKAY - I love that there are so many people interested. So what we need is to have as many facebook screen name whatevers :lol: so we can make events and invite people. We can also do Magic PMs here and post a thread....or we can post in this thread....AAAAH! What's the best way to do this?

I love the facebook invites because it leaves one central place to check in and see right away who is gonna be there - and then we can do a thread here as well.....:confused::confused:....my brain is tired - help - anyone...? :lol:

krankenstein

Oh dear - those pesky blackmail pictures resurface....:lol:

:lookaroun Damn! :lol:

OKAY - I love that there are so many people interested. So what we need is to have as many facebook screen name whatevers :lol: so we can make events and invite people. We can also do Magic PMs here and post a thread....or we can post in this thread....AAAAH! What's the best way to do this?

I love the facebook invites because it leaves one central place to check in and see right away who is gonna be there - and then we can do a thread here as well.....:confused::confused:....my brain is tired - help - anyone...? :lol:

I like the facebook idea Shannon. :wave:

Maybe if we ask really really really really nicely Mom will sticky us a thread about meets. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom