Living with the Land Refurbishment 8/2/2009

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
It seems that the slow "Living with the Land" boat ride will be getting a refurb going down August 2, 2009 and will be down for at least two months. They're going to be adding new boats to the flume, new video in the barn scenes. The main purpose of the refurb is the structure of the queue area and for better guest flow, especially for the busier seasons. The new boats are already in and they appear to have a total of 10 rows, with the wheelchair access ramp in the back. There are a few parts in the attraction where they're going to have to expand the flume, due to the new boats being too large to make some of the turns.

Horizonsfan

It seems that the slow "Living with the Land" boat ride will be getting a refurb going down August 2, 2009 and will be down for at least two months. They're going to be adding new boats to the flume, new video, fixing the queue area and other typical fixtures,paintings,lights,etc.

I know these seem like straight forward statements, but could you elaborate?

Edit: Thanks for elaborating. Glad to hear that they are giving LWL even more attention!

castevens

Very interesting. Like you said, the new queue must really be for efficiency in the busy months, because when I've been (my fiancee and I go during down times deliberately) there has not been a wait whatsoever. But I can imagine if there is a line it would spill out into the restaurant/foyer area?

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
There's also talk on the table for the possibility of the 'Circle of Life' theatre getting an overhaul with a new film in the near future, featuring an ALL Digital film from the creators of 'Planet Earth.'

janoimagine

This is great news, we were down their end of May, and the way the que was set up, people had no idea where to stand to get in line, it was one big mess.

DisneysRedHead

Oh man I really hope it is up and running by the time I go! For some reason, I just really enjoy that ride. Glad to hear it's getting some love at least.

Figment632

This is great news, we were down their end of May, and the way the que was set up, people had no idea where to stand to get in line, it was one big mess.

I don't know u was there on Jan and it seemed fine, I'm just complaining because it's one of my favorites that I will miss.

JustInTime

So, is this offical? Does Disney always give this short of notice when closing done rides? Less than a month(it's really not even been annoinced yet, right?) If so, are there other rides that they may close before my trip in August? This is kinda frustrating because I have never rode the ride and was planning on riding it. I hope they don't close more rides before my trip. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom