Living Seas to close March 2004 for rehab

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Screamscape is reporting that The Living Seas will close in March for a rehab. Does anyone know if this will be the Finding Nemo redo of the pavillion, or just another normal rehab?

jrriddle

Wow, there seems to be alot going on at the US parks of late.
I wonder if we are seeing all of this and more because Eisner is trying to contradict what Roy said about the parks being below grade?

WDWspider

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Looks like I'll have to film Wonders of Life AND Living Seas extensively. *sigh* Darn these stressful trips.

Yes...it's likely for Nemo.

Grizz, I was thinking the LS rehab would be more like the UoE rehab. A basic updating, cleaning, and enhancing endeaver. It would seem that most of the things you can tape now should still be there when it reopens. Is this way off? :confused:

TheDScoop

Since the earlier thread in which I mentioned that the Finding Nemo AA's are currently in Central Shops, I've been told that these animatronics are likely to be used as some new show element at LS.

I'll share more details as they come in.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by TheDScoop
Since the earlier thread in which I mentioned that the Finding Nemo AA's are currently in Central Shops, I've been told that these animatronics are likely to be used as some new show element at LS.

I'll share more details as they come in.

Integrated into a New Pre show? No more "deluge" movie? :confused:

Or will they be tossed in the sea cabs area? :confused:

TheDScoop

Don't know for sure yet. The only thing that I was told that this AA's won't be part of a new "ride" at LS. I know its vague but what I was told was vague.

I'll let you know when I hear more...

General Grizz

Knowing that if they're going to change it, they're really going to alter it, I'd like to capture the "original feel." I'll also have to do that with Land soon.

Shaman

Perhaps they're in a rush now....nonetheless I'm really happy that all these things are happening at the parks...its nice to see some money being spent on them....:lookaroun

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Things are happening!

Just the other day, I read a quote from Jay Rusolo (sp?) saying that spending on new attractions and rehabs will increase by another $500 million beginning this year.

Also, I read that the film division is seeing record numbers for the quarter. Today, I heard on CNN that ABC had the highest ratings last night.

Things are definately beginning to look optimistic for the company. I think Roy Disney has given Eisner a wake up call!

Blake

UGH! I haven't been to Epcot for years- and i am going in late March. I wanted to visit all of the pavillions but now WoL and LS are closed! CANT THEY WAIT TILL AFTER EASTER? lol...If WoL is seasonal- will it be open the last week of March? *prays*

domincfh

Account Suspended
seems like all my favorite rides are being "updated" now a days. how can u take out the pres show? its classic!!!! "and it rained, and rained and rained" :lol: hahaha ok i admit that all the people i know fall asleep during it, but i never miss it. it always kept me interested. however i'm glad they are atleast doing something with it. just letting the ride shut down like that and also i noticed that the aquarium was going downhill . I guess i will have to catch the last couple shows in Jan. :mad:

jcraycraft

Does anyone have any insight on how long the rehab will take? Are we looking at a few months or a year? Have a trip planned for the first part of June 04 and hope they are done with the rehab.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Knowing that if they're going to change it, they're really going to alter it, I'd like to capture the "original feel." I'll also have to do that with Land soon.

and don't forget SSE, if you haven't filmed that one yet.
*sigh* :( can't they leave SOMETHING original in FW?

disneydawg

Originally posted by jrriddle
I wonder if we are seeing all of this and more because Eisner is trying to contradict what Roy said about the parks being below grade?

I dont think you can consider whats going on at Epcot right as a reaction to Roy's comments or resignation. The changes we have seen and are seeing seem to have been planned for some time. Also, one of Roy's criticisms was that they have built theme parks on the cheap. I feel like they are making quality additions to Epcot. Really investing in it and no quick fixes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom