Trip Report LIVE-ish TR: The One With Holiday Cheer šŸŽ…...and Plantar Fasciitis

Hey there!

Well at long last, the day has come - in a few short hours, weā€™re heading down to WDW šŸ‘

I am doing this on my phone and I canā€™t get GIFs to work unless Iā€™m on my Mac, so alas, for now it shall be texts and emoji šŸ‘

If we havenā€™t met, Hi šŸ‘‹, Iā€™m Diana, a 39-year old marketing consultant. Iā€™m flying from Buffalo to Orlando with my crew:

Todd (45) - My awesome husband
Brandon (15) - My ā€œI hope heā€™s not too cool to geek out nowā€ stepson (he hasnā€™t been to WDW in 3 years, so weā€™re nervous heā€™ll be all teenager-y šŸ¤£)
B (1.999) - Sheā€™s turning two the first week of January, so I canā€™t quite say 2 yet! Also, I shared Todd and Brandonā€™s names and pictures here almost 6 years ago so Iā€™m rolling with their names. Iā€™m trying to give my daughter a little privacy though ā¤ļø

We are staying at CBR (Pirate room) with the dining plan. For the full itinerary, check out my PTR .

We are getting up at 2:45AM for a 5:30 flight. Wish us luck šŸ¤£

I did splurge today and book a Minnie Van from the airport. I think my daughter might sleep, and after our luggage being ā€œlostā€ for 8+ hours last year, I like the thought of picking up our bags and leaving them at bell services so we arent at the mercy of DME.

I am calling this ā€œlive-ishā€ because Iā€™ve really enjoyed the live TRs from folks lately, and I thought that live might capture some holiday vibes. But, theyā€™ll be sporadic when I have some downtime. Iā€™ll do full write ups here when I get home (and before I go back to work on 12/30 so I donā€™t drag this out like my wedding TR! šŸ¤£).

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Had some breakfast in CBR and waiting for the Mk šŸšŒ now.

B loved the Christmas tree after we had breakfast!

FB73B1EA-6703-4BF4-9A0D-644AD753A362.jpeg

Todd and I had the plant based platters - Mickey waffle, Beyond Sausage, Just Egg and potatoes. Super tasty! Brandon had regular waffles and bacon (no picture, sorry).

BA7B0A99-F808-458F-A663-78A7106BB996.jpeg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Youā€™re actually able to wear that torture device ALL NIGHT??!! :jawdrop:

I tried one for a bit and it hurt worse, but my doctor

Your daughter is adorable šŸ˜Š

Thanks šŸ˜ She has been a trouper, but is snoozing in the stroller now as we wait for a bus back to CBR.

I was....It gave "grin and bear it" a whole new meaning lemme tell ya... But I will say that it worked as intended. Massage worked as well...

Iā€™m glad it worked for you!!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Thanks, all! Busy and FRIGID day so far - sorry Iā€™ve been slow to post!

We rode the Skyliner this morning with zero wait - it was honestly fantastic, although it was really windy and we all got a little seasick lol.

C213F145-8831-4071-A106-60C9374E37B1.jpeg

We made it inside the gate at 8:55 and went right to The Land for breakfast. B had breakfast in the room but we were starving.

Todd and I had the plant based cupcake šŸ¤£ It was delicious! Some coffee with Silk soy milk too. Brandon had a cinnamon roll and an M&M cookie. Only in WDW šŸ¤£

73AD4A20-D4DC-418F-A5E7-3D20E026DE94.jpeg

Then, the boys went to ride MS while B and I met some characters. She really was enthralled šŸ¤£

2C1930CA-6362-4BFB-9B1A-5D6C282BF6BE.jpeg

The single rider line for TT was 5 minutes so Brandon and I rode and got the same car šŸ‘

8808A140-3133-412D-9FC8-B22C1B916C37.jpeg

Then it was time for our Nemo FP. B was pointing, smiling and talking the entire time. She rode with me while the boys took a separate clamshell.

After, she was gabbing away to Todd telling him about it. I cried when she was so enthralled on the ride, then cried again šŸ¤£

We decided to do standby for Figment. This time, B sat on Daddyā€™s lap.

E9721F37-19CD-469B-8929-E1951E98F0CD.jpeg

We also had a stop at the Baby Care Center after TT, I forgot. But changing diapers isnā€™t exciting šŸ¤£

Finally, we used our Frozen FP and B had me crying again, waving to Anna, Kristoff and Sven(she has Little People toys of them). She cried when we got off that one too - I think she loved it even more than Pooh ā¤ļø

We hobbled (well, I hobbled) across World Showcase, splitting a German pretzel and Lā€™Chaim festival cookie (SO good) on the way. Then, we walked on the Skyliner for the ride back. Weā€™re just waiting for the CBR internal bus now, so we can eat and nap before heading back to Epcot.

Snacks!

65EA25EE-48CD-42CD-828C-60BB57397EFE.jpeg

9C4BEDFB-D989-486A-8C01-A17D69861BF7.jpeg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Last night, we had a delicious dinner at Rose & Crown, checked out Gran Fiesta Tour (B loved it, surprise šŸ¤£), did some shopping at Mouse Gear and went on SSE (B was enthralled there as well). We also filled up our popcorn bucket with maple popcorn and all agreed it had a weird, burnt flavor. Ah well, it was only $2!

Brandon and I were up at 5:30 to head to DHS for RotR. We arrived at 5:56 and the time went by quickly. We landed BG 14 and were on the ride by 7:20.

Early morning, but not as bad as I thought it would be:
8D7261B6-ED26-469E-818C-3051F18085AE.jpeg

969E7B39-9EAE-4D45-B6BA-873A56D7D866.jpeg

We wandered into Batuu and Chewy was busy:
80F904DD-2E77-4B72-A4C0-DD335AAC0459.jpeg

We couldnā€™t stay long because our BG was called šŸ‘ No spoilers here, but we both LOVED it!

89EDC2BF-3E4E-4D38-A712-E53F677F354E.jpeg

I heard from Todd, and B was just getting up. The line for the Millennium Falcon was 90 minutes, so we used the single rider line (I would have waited, but Brandon didnā€™t want to - yay, lol).

Oh, and we stopped so Brandon could get a breakfast wrap at Ronto Rosters before MF - oops!

MF was neat - Brandon was a gunner and I was an engineer.

We met up with Todd and B, and the boys did single rider for RnRC while B and I danced to the rock Christmas music:

46D098F6-1371-471B-BBA0-B2BB4B407354.jpeg

More later when I can! We have a BUSY afternoon and evening and we did a lot more this morning!!

meggo819

Your daughter is very cute. This report is making me want to take my daughter back soon. She's 2 1/2 now and was 15 months when we took her last year -- can't help thinking about how much more engaged she would be now! Although, she did love the tea cups and figment!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I have to share this quickly. Brandon gave B one of his Darth Vader toys that does the breathing noises, and B LOVES him. She points at everything Vader and gets so excited šŸ¤£ She recently got a book called ABC3PO and her favorite page is V (for...you guessed it) šŸ¤£ So on our way out this morning, we had to meet him. B was SO excited and kept pointing at him saying ā€œSEE!ā€ I explained that she loved him, and Vader explained that when she was old enough, he would train her šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ He seemed smitten with her too - it was adorable. I imagine there arenā€™t many 23 month olds who adore him šŸ¤£

FE2B73A2-2048-40AA-8758-ED137077C714.jpeg

The final shot šŸ‘

7770FE4A-2801-4DA0-8375-57A42020901A.jpeg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
You are very lucky to have teenager who smiles in pictures; granted, itā€™s not a toothy smile, but at least it isnā€™t a scowl šŸ˜‰

itā€™s funny, because when he was 10 on our wedding trip, he wouldnā€™t smile at all! I am a lucky mom, though - he is the best!

Your daughter is very cute. This report is making me want to take my daughter back soon. She's 2 1/2 now and was 15 months when we took her last year -- can't help thinking about how much more engaged she would be now! Although, she did love the tea cups and figment!
Thanks šŸ˜Š We love that sheā€™s really having fun, itā€™s such a cool age to come here ā¤ļø

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom