Trip Report LIVE-ish TR: The One With Holiday Cheer šŸŽ…...and Plantar Fasciitis

Hey there!

Well at long last, the day has come - in a few short hours, weā€™re heading down to WDW šŸ‘

I am doing this on my phone and I canā€™t get GIFs to work unless Iā€™m on my Mac, so alas, for now it shall be texts and emoji šŸ‘

If we havenā€™t met, Hi šŸ‘‹, Iā€™m Diana, a 39-year old marketing consultant. Iā€™m flying from Buffalo to Orlando with my crew:

Todd (45) - My awesome husband
Brandon (15) - My ā€œI hope heā€™s not too cool to geek out nowā€ stepson (he hasnā€™t been to WDW in 3 years, so weā€™re nervous heā€™ll be all teenager-y šŸ¤£)
B (1.999) - Sheā€™s turning two the first week of January, so I canā€™t quite say 2 yet! Also, I shared Todd and Brandonā€™s names and pictures here almost 6 years ago so Iā€™m rolling with their names. Iā€™m trying to give my daughter a little privacy though ā¤ļø

We are staying at CBR (Pirate room) with the dining plan. For the full itinerary, check out my PTR .

We are getting up at 2:45AM for a 5:30 flight. Wish us luck šŸ¤£

I did splurge today and book a Minnie Van from the airport. I think my daughter might sleep, and after our luggage being ā€œlostā€ for 8+ hours last year, I like the thought of picking up our bags and leaving them at bell services so we arent at the mercy of DME.

I am calling this ā€œlive-ishā€ because Iā€™ve really enjoyed the live TRs from folks lately, and I thought that live might capture some holiday vibes. But, theyā€™ll be sporadic when I have some downtime. Iā€™ll do full write ups here when I get home (and before I go back to work on 12/30 so I donā€™t drag this out like my wedding TR! šŸ¤£).

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Oh and I just realized my thread name -

A) Inspired by all your Friends GIFs šŸ¤£
B) And because I have a horrific case of plantar fasciitis, so not only will I bot be running this trip (which makes me so sad), walking will be painful. Itā€™s been 2 months and every type of therapy, including a cortisone shot last week...to no avail. My husband offered to push me in a wheelchair but no way! I am roughing this out...weā€™ll see how it goes šŸ™

Auntdj1971

Excited for this live~ish report! I am headed down in January and had some Achilles surgery in August that hasn't healed as well as i would like....I anguished over it and am getting the wheelchair for our trip. Looking forward to your trip!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Excited for this live~ish report! I am headed down in January and had some Achilles surgery in August that hasn't healed as well as i would like....I anguished over it and am getting the wheelchair for our trip. Looking forward to your trip!

Ouch - I am sorry youā€™re not healing like you had hoped! Injuries like this are so difficult. If we didnā€™t have my daughter to push in her stroller, I may have given in. Iā€™m hoping I can just get through it. Iā€™m bringing my boot for sleeping, and Iā€™ll be doing a lot of praying, stretching, resting and crossing my fingers šŸ¤ž

Iā€™ll be following along. Have fun!

Thanks - Iā€™m so excited!!

riverside

Have a great time!! I feel your painā€”I ended up going under the knife for plantar fasciitis. I wish you all the best & Iā€™m following along!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'm here too! šŸ˜€

Enjoy this trip at your own pace, hopefully, you'll be feeling better with each passing day.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Airport is thus far successful! From parking to the terminal, checked in with bags and through security in 20 minutes total šŸ‘ Thank goodness for TSA Precheck!

E1A008A2-82F8-44A3-AA1B-D835457A7C3E.jpeg

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Have a great time!! I feel your painā€”I ended up going under the knife for plantar fasciitis. I wish you all the best & Iā€™m following along!

Oh gosh, surgery scares me! Thanks for coming along šŸ™‚

I'm here too! šŸ˜€

Enjoy this trip at your own pace, hopefully, you'll be feeling better with each passing day.
Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

Thank you! I was inspired by your TR šŸ™‚

WalkFit orthotics. Magic cure for PF. Uncomfortable at first, but I wore them for about two weeks and havenā€™t had a problem since. (10 years and counting)

Have a great trip!

ThanKs

Have a great trip - I hope the walking isnā€™t too terrible for you to enjoy it!

Thanks - I am hoping it magically goes away šŸ¤£

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Hoping your flight goes well, and best wishes upon your arrival. Sorry to hear about the foot issue -- lousey timing, but when in WDW, you'll still find a way to get around. So, not to worry! There's plenty of those ride vehicles to rent, if you need one.

Thanks! I will if I have to...I hope I donā€™t have to, though šŸ¤ž

I am here too.
Remember RICE!
Rest
Ice
Compression and
Elevation
giphy.gif

Beer and whine help toošŸ˜‰

Oh Iā€™m planning on the beer and wine šŸ¤£ Well be at MK today. Iā€™ll keep my eyes out for you this trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom