LIVE coverage of One More Disney Day

bhg469

Glad you guys enjoyed our coverage on WDWMAGIC! :) Thanks for the comments.

2 weeks ago I found out that I would be working in Lakeland for this. It is only about a 40 minute drive and for 2 weeks I thought it was fate that I would be able to do this. Then I realized that I don't like disney music (other than the park music) I don't care for the movies, The characters don't do anything for me. I instead got a park hopper the following day and was more than pleased.

I was solo, so right off I was not able to enjoy everything I would if my fiance was with me. She was sad so I didn't rub it in too much. Anyway, everything was walk on yesterday. The longest wait time was RnRC an that was 20 minutes. I don't know if all the tuckered out people had something to do with it but it made my last minute visit all that much more enjoyable.

Covered all 4 parks after arriving at 10 and did everything I wanted to do and walk around world showcase until I thought I was going to die. Went back to the hotel at 8. This is turning into a trip report.... I should do that, but no one reads those anyway.

blm07

Alright, it was a cool night and all that, any more "letting the memories begin" celebrating for the rest of year?

Disneyboy17

Alright, it was a cool night and all that, any more "letting the memories begin" celebrating for the rest of year?

‘Let the Memories Begin’
“Let the Memories Begin” (January 2011) – As part of the new “Let the Memories Begin,” Disney guests become the stars of a nightly spectacular when photos taken in the park during the day become larger-than-life projections on Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort or “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Resort. This groundbreaking new experience celebrates the family vacation memories created in Disney theme parks every day.
And Disney guests will be seen starring on television, too. For the first time, Disney Parks is featuring the home videos and snapshots of real guests in television ads and other marketing that allow an audience of millions to share in true-life, heartfelt moments. Disney Parks also is asking guests to share their memories by uploading photos and videos at a special “Let the Memories Begin” online hub at www.DisneyParks.com/Memories.

WDW1974

I know you're mocking and this is going to derail the thread, but it's insane how popular that game is. Lines at the video screens continued past 3:00 a.m. when almost all the rides in the park became walk-ons. The line to get cards at the "hidden" location in Liberty Square at 2:00 a.m. was still 20 people long (I hear the firehouse was swamped all night as well). I saw people trading cards throughout the night. Disney has a phenom on their hands, and I think we all know they will exploit it. Word is 300 cards by the end of Summer.

That said, the system isn't ready for Spring Break/Summer crowds yet, not sure how they handle that.

I wouldn't worry about derailing the thread ... we're almost four days past the event and not much can be added about it.

I get how popular the game is (I firmly believe it's moreso for the no-lifers in O-Town who don't have jobs and go to the MK six days a week, but that's just from what I pick up from the Twitverse and what friends tell me).

Disney is simply feeding the OCD portion of the fanbase ... the ones who have 6,456 pins and 891 vinylmation and every park schedule from the past five years. They want the cards and they want to see if/how the game changes the more they play.

I have to be honest, beyond seeing EPCOT in its spring finery the thing I am most looking forward to is playing the game myself ... just to be able to give it a fair review (which I will certainly place here).

And one thing I was told before the game even began testing was that Disney was going to be selling MANY sets of cards over the next few years and selling a line of merchandise that will go with the game ... it is ALL about that.

Jakester

So, Its been a few days since this event, Al Lutz had Attendance Numbers for Both Disneyland Parks, What was the total Attendance Numbers for Magic Kingdom for One More Disney Day?
And what were the Numbers for Epcot, DHS, and AK that day to?
And what was the combined attendance for the 4parks?
And how many were APs/Locals at Magic Kingdom?

I haven't heard any statistics from WDW, and was curious if any had been released.

nepalostparks

So, Its been a few days since this event, Al Lutz had Attendance Numbers for Both Disneyland Parks, What was the total Attendance Numbers for Magic Kingdom for One More Disney Day?
And what were the Numbers for Epcot, DHS, and AK that day to?
And what was the combined attendance for the 4parks?
And how many were APs/Locals at Magic Kingdom?

I haven't heard any statistics from WDW, and was curious if any had been released.

Disney rarely releases any statistics, so we probably won't really know. You might get a solid estimate from an insider, but don't expect Disney to release any detailed figures.

hack2112

I wouldn't worry about derailing the thread ... we're almost four days past the event and not much can be added about it.

I get how popular the game is (I firmly believe it's moreso for the no-lifers in O-Town who don't have jobs and go to the MK six days a week, but that's just from what I pick up from the Twitverse and what friends tell me).

Disney is simply feeding the OCD portion of the fanbase ... the ones who have 6,456 pins and 891 vinylmation and every park schedule from the past five years. They want the cards and they want to see if/how the game changes the more they play.

I have to be honest, beyond seeing EPCOT in its spring finery the thing I am most looking forward to is playing the game myself ... just to be able to give it a fair review (which I will certainly place here).

And one thing I was told before the game even began testing was that Disney was going to be selling MANY sets of cards over the next few years and selling a line of merchandise that will go with the game ... it is ALL about that.

Duh. It's a TCG with an in-park gimmick (that I happen to enjoy, but that's neither here nor there) that should make the company tons and tons of money. And if it's being designed by who I think it is, it should be a great game to play with some good strategy in it. I just wish they would release the rules already.

71jason

True story: over the weekend my friend wanted to give this a try. We ended up in the line for cards behind a guy in his late 30s/probably 40s all but screaming at the doe-eyed CP girl handing out cards because the system had been reset and his progress in the game had been lost.

Progress in a game that, as of right now, only requires you to wave a card at a camera. To watch a cartoon.

[Oh yeah, got our cards, got hungry and blew it off, she ended up giving them to me to sell on eBay.]

I don't doubt this for a second, but how will the lines affect sales? Are families from NJ or Ohio going to drop $20 on a set of cards to wait 30 minutes a pop at each TV screen? How long before "we bought the cards and only played one station" becomes a meme on the DISBoard?

To quote the Dread Pirate Roberts, get used to disappointment. Was never a huge Kim Possible fan but at least those effects are visceral and real. This is waiting in line 10 minutes to watch a slightly different version of the cartoon you've just overheard three times. The cards are clearly designed for some sort of Dungeons & Dragons-esque rules which might make things more interesting, but right now, the artwork on the cards themselves is the most interesting aspect of this.

WDW1974

True story: over the weekend my friend wanted to give this a try. We ended up in the line for cards behind a guy in his late 30s/probably 40s all but screaming at the doe-eyed CP girl handing out cards because the system had been reset and his progress in the game had been lost.

Progress in a game that, as of right now, only requires you to wave a card at a camera. To watch a cartoon.

[Oh yeah, got our cards, got hungry and blew it off, she ended up giving them to me to sell on eBay.]

This is Disney simply reading the Twitverse and social media and assuming that all of their fans are of this type.

And what are the FREE cards going for on eBay now? I'll know to pick up 40 a day between by party!:drevil:

I don't doubt this for a second, but how will the lines affect sales? Are families from NJ or Ohio going to drop $20 on a set of cards to wait 30 minutes a pop at each TV screen? How long before "we bought the cards and only played one station" becomes a meme on the DISBoard?

We can only wait and wonder ... I do enjoy watching trainwrecks (when no one I know is on the train, of course!):drevil:

To quote the Dread Pirate Roberts, get used to disappointment. Was never a huge Kim Possible fan but at least those effects are visceral and real. This is waiting in line 10 minutes to watch a slightly different version of the cartoon you've just overheard three times. The cards are clearly designed for some sort of Dungeons & Dragons-esque rules which might make things more interesting, but right now, the artwork on the cards themselves is the most interesting aspect of this.

That's what I am afraid of ... I actually enjoy KP (have to put disclaimer in) FOR WHAT IT IS. And those real effects due make a difference.

If I'm going to stare a screen that long there better be some good-looking folks on it doing naughty things!:ROFLOL:

~The kewl kids beat up the kids who play SoTMK!~

I just noticed that in the picture taken of main street at the beginning of the day, you can see my friend Danny and I walking towards the castle in the lower left hand corner (I have the ghostbuster shirt on). We were up for a total of 28 hours straight..it was insane, but well worth it. He was doing hourly updates for his disney site, so it was a blast to tag along, and we definitely had an adventure for the ages...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom