LIVE coverage of One More Disney Day

DABIGCHEEZ

Mickey must not have been sleepy at all this AM. He was in his PJs and in front of the cameras at 6:22 am and at 6:26 he was changed and up on the train with the Welcome group! :lol:

SnowWhite71

My kids and I are loving all the coverage of this day! What a cool job to take pictures all day and share the "magic"! Wish we could be there!:sohappy:

J.E.Smith

I hope you guys will eventually wander into Frontierland during the really late hours when some of the other attraction have closed and see if anyone's actually going to visit Country Bears during the late period since they're going to be open the whole time (I bet they're going to be "bear-en" though).

wickedfan07

I hope you guys will eventually wander into Frontierland during the really late hours when some of the other attraction have closed and see if anyone's actually going to visit Country Bears during the late period since they're going to be open the whole time (I bet they're going to be "bear-en" though).

CBJ was the only animatronic show to be on the times Guide with different hours . This means that HoP, CoP and the Tiki Room are all going for the full 24 hours. I wonder how many people will be taking quick naps in HoP or CoP about 3am... And what the wait time for Stitch might be about that time, too... At the very least, they'd be very good places to rest.

The Empress Lilly

I looove those pics of the MK in the morning mist! :eek:

Drop dead gorgeous! So very unusual!
Anybody got some on a large size? I need them as my wallpaper!! :)

ID3052

I've been at the park since 5. Flynn Ryder is currently out with Rupunzel as is snow white and all 7 dwarves. the princes are suposed to be out with the princesses tonight acording to a couple CMs and Aurora herself! CMs are also telling me "rare villans" will be out late but noone is spilling the beans on who....

Steve

WDW1974

It would have been nice (or they still have 5 hours so maybe they can pull something together) to do something other than simply bring out some foamheads that generally are only seen at hard ticket parties or private events.

That takes pretty much no effort.

For a 24-hour special event ... they should have pulled out all the stops ... maybe had a special live show ... maybe bring in some named talent (but not announced it until showtime) ... maybe a special pyro show ... maybe half price food after 2 a.m. Something.

I am sure people are enjoying it, but all it really is is an extended EMH.

I believe MK is open until 3 a.m. on some nights when I'll be there this month, so this is three whole hours more.

~cards ... I want cards ... gotta have all the cards ... ~

backinaction

It would have been nice (or they still have 5 hours so maybe they can pull something together) to do something other than simply bring out some foamheads that generally are only seen at hard ticket parties or private events.

That takes pretty much no effort.

For a 24-hour special event ... they should have pulled out all the stops ... maybe had a special live show ... maybe bring in some named talent (but not announced it until showtime) ... maybe a special pyro show ... maybe half price food after 2 a.m. Something.

I am sure people are enjoying it, but all it really is is an extended EMH.

I believe MK is open until 3 a.m. on some nights when I'll be there this month, so this is three whole hours more.

~cards ... I want cards ... gotta have all the cards ... ~

Your absolutely right. I was there tonight and it seemed like all they did was hand out some free pins and wash their hands of it. However, the crowds were insane (so much so that we had to leave around 1230). Everything had a 1-1 1/2 hour wait. I think Disney knew that they didn't have to do much that was "special" in order to get the crowds into this event. Every towny and his 8 kids were in the park tonight just for the spectacle of it all. It was EMH with 3 extra hours and about 10 times the amount of people.

AgentB911

I love all the pictures on the home page!!! I gotta say my fav is "The one that got away!" I want that as my wallpaper...can I use it?

Communicore

I'm still here and the joint has no signs of letting up! It is the anti-EMH and Cosmic Rays is extremely packed like a July lunch rush! More people are coming in!

nepalostparks

Just got home, left there around 2 a.m. The crowds were still very large... and people were still streaming in the gates, coming in on the trams from the lot... pure craziness. A lot busier than I would have thought at that hour.

mickeysshoes

Thanks so much for making us all feel apart of ONE MORE DISNEY DAY while we sit here at our desks!! Your coverage was awesome and I felt like I was front and center!!! :kiss: :wave:

dreamfinder

Those characters are in the welcome show most days.

Most days? Try every day. They do the welcome show and then most of them walk to their normal m&g locations.

Then I must have the misfortune to see them on their off days. As I don't think I have ever seen Tiana or Chip/Dale at the good morning show. Just checked my pics from last month, and only had Mickey, Daisy, Frontierland Donald, Snow White, Stitch, and Alice.

Did any truly rare characters show up later on?

Pioneer Hall

Left around 2 because it was just too crowded. I guess a lot more people decided to be night owl's over early birds because opening yesterday was great. I was really hoping that getting there early and then going back late would have avoided the crowds, but I underestimated people.

NowInc

I was there from midnight until about 4 am, and I didn't ride anything. I was hopeful that id be able to get a few good pics of a barren park....I was very unsuccessful. It was cool to be there at such a later hour, but it would have been cooler had it not been as packed as it was. Oh well...was still fun!

DisneyDreamer08

Thank you so much for the amazing 24 hour coverage!! I followed it all day yesterday and eagerly read the rest when I woke up this morning :) It was *almost* as good as being there!!!

Figment82

I went from 3:45-6:30 this morning, and although I was/am terribly exhausted, I had a lot of fun. We watched the Tiki Room at around 4:15 and were some of the last guests to ride the Peoplemover. There was a huge rush of people leaving after the 5:30am MMY show. We stayed to watch the Kiss Goodnight and took some photos of the Main Street clock before heading out to the monorail. The line at that point was very short. The largest crowds I saw were in the hub for the dance party and people playing the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Otherwise, it wasn't bad at all. I'm glad I went, but boy is it going to be a long day at work today! :)

DisneyFan 2000

Thank you, Steve, for making those of us that couldn't make it a part of the special event! Even sitting here and viewing everything from a PC, you really get a sense of how special this event turned out to be! Something to remember for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom