Live Action Rescue Rangers in Development

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It looks hilarious.

Why does it bother people on here so much? Just don’t watch it if it’s not your cup of tea…
It bothers some people because they think it messes with their childhood. Its the same reason why some just can't stand that Disney changes with the times and makes modern content for modern audiences.

I agree if this isn't your type of humor then don't watch it.

Magenta Panther

It bothers some people because they think it messes with their childhood. Its the same reason why some just can't stand that Disney changes with the times and makes modern content for modern audiences.

I agree if this isn't your type of humor then don't watch it.

Oh, puh-leeze. I have little use for nostalgia. What bothers me about this Chip and Dale piece of crap is that it's crap. Loud, stupid, gross, tries to be Rick and Morty. It's a question of taste. I've never understood the affection people have for the original Rescue Rangers (what I've seen of it seems just okay), not to mention the um, obsessive fan base for Gadget (ew), but this thing is just amateurish-looking and deliberately offensive. It's like the dimbulbs who scripted it wanted to do yet another cartoon reunion flick (a la the disastrous Space Jam 2) and shoehorned two Disney characters into it whether they actually fit the story or not. Why use Chip and Dale if you don't plan to make them act OR sound like Chip and Dale? This thing looks lame beyond belief. That's why we're complaining. Fans of the show are complaining too. And guess what - we get to express our opinions about it here. Why do you feel so defensive about us not liking it?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh, puh-leeze. I have little use for nostalgia. What bothers me about this Chip and Dale piece of crap is that it's crap. Loud, stupid, gross, tries to be Rick and Morty. It's a question of taste. I've never understood the affection people have for the original Rescue Rangers (what I've seen of it seems just okay), not to mention the um, obsessive fan base for Gadget (ew), but this thing is just amateurish-looking and deliberately offensive. It's like the dimbulbs who scripted it wanted to do yet another cartoon reunion flick (a la the disastrous Space Jam 2) and shoehorned two Disney characters into it whether they actually fit the story or not. Why use Chip and Dale if you don't plan to make them act OR sound like Chip and Dale? This thing looks lame beyond belief. That's why we're complaining. Fans of the show are complaining too. And guess what - we get to express our opinions about it here. Why do you feel so defensive about us not liking it?
I'm not defensive at all, I honestly don't care if you like it or not. I was providing my opinion on a question that was asked by another poster. And guess what - I get to express my opinion when a general question is asked.

And like was mentioned, if you don't like it then don't see it.

erasure fan1

It's better they try weird and odd stuff. Then just generic crap.
I hate to say it, but this is about as generic of crap as I've seen in a long time. It just looks awful.
Why use Chip and Dale if you don't plan to make them act OR sound like Chip and Dale? This thing looks lame beyond belief. That's why we're complaining. Fans of the show are complaining too.
This is at the root of most fans issues with pop culture anything. It's all too common to take a known IP, do whatever you want with it, then slap the IP name on it. All while doing nothing that holds true to what made the IP popular in the first place. Then they wonder why people hate it.

Magenta Panther

I'm not defensive at all, I honestly don't care if you like it or not. I was providing my opinion on a question that was asked by another poster. And guess what - I get to express my opinion when a general question is asked.

And like was mentioned, if you don't like it then don't see it.

And guess what - we get to articulate WHY we don't want to see it. Savvy?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And guess what - we get to articulate WHY we don't want to see it. Savvy?
My friend I think you are the one being defensive here. No one here has said that you can't express your opinion or dislike for this type of content. Another poster asked a generic question on why it bothers some people so much, I provided a general opinion on the subject as I see it nothing more, it wasn't even directed toward you.

So go ahead and articulate to your hearts content. Bash this movie and any other movie Disney or any other studio puts out from now until the end of time for all I care. It however won't prevent me from expressing my opinion on this or any other topic. Savvy?

brb1006

Um... if we look at *all* the hundreds and hundreds of titles of content that Disney & Co. has put out, just how many of these have been this type of super-meta vehicles. Let's list them all and show just how much this is a tired meme that is overtaking everything Disney is doing:

1. Who Killed Roger Rabbit
2. Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
3. Free Guy (which really shouldn't count because it was a Fox property before the merger, but, we'll count the sequel)
4...?
Does House of Mouse count?

Dear Prudence

I am glad I read the leaked scripted on Twitter and did not waste my energy on it. It's frankly insulting.

Fox&Hound

This looks horrible. Ewwwwww. Just why? What does this have to do with chip and dale? Why not give them the 3D animated look and have them go on an adventure and solve a crime? How is that difficult? They could put in all the cameos they wanted....

Screamface

Oh, Hello!

The film is fine. It's not amazing but it's pleasantly entertaining and amusing. Some of the satire and parody works better than others. Seth Rogen playing an uncanny valley CGI character is amusing as there is goofiness to it. Yet the lady cop character just comes off as a terrible written and badly acted character. It is purely a bad version of what it is sending up, instead of actually being amusing, which amplifies deficiencies in the screenplay and drags the film down. It's just so out of place and doesn't work as satire.

It definitely feels like further rewrites could have made a better version of what they were going for.

On a technical level, the films is really quite well done. The cell shading on the 3D models of the 2D characters often is very apparent they aren't 2D. Yet it is fine. Otherwise surprisingly well done and integrated. Some really well done 3D environments as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom