Live Action Rescue Rangers in Development

Cesar R M

Doesnt look that bad. It reminds me of Roger rabbit. But that flat 2d animation looks pretty bad. Dale looks good.
In the other hand, I found it a bit cringey how they expanded the "toons live with us" thing trope with characters like MLP.
Getting bad vibes of a bad version of READY PLAYER ONE.

Another middle finger to the fans. The premise, I admit is good, but not having Tress and Corey as Chip and Dale is pretty much unforgivable. And what is that music……? Doesn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard in the show… sigh.
I heard they were told to use their normal voices to showcase them being themselves and not their "cool versions" they portrayed for the show.

Oh also I heard that since a lot of voice actors are getting old. They can no longer reach the range they used to have.
Reminds me of Rob Paulsen. In his case, he had cancer and does more roles related to voice management and coaching than acting himself.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another middle finger to the fans. The premise, I admit is good, but not having Tress and Corey as Chip and Dale is pretty much unforgivable. And what is that music……? Doesn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard in the show… sigh.
I guess you haven't seen the new C&D cartoons on D+?

Piebald

The original voice actors are listed for this film so it seems they're either receiving credit for any old footage or theyll be used to point out that those voices are on screen voices and they just sound like Mulaney and Samberg off camera. Which if we are going fully ridiculous is pretty funny.

Also see previous post of mine. The original show is on D+. Old cartoons are on D+. Some kiddie CGI shorts are on D+. If they're trying to grab the crowd that actually watched the original and give them a laugh this makes more sense. I loved the original but I wouldnt watch a movie based on the show unless it was like Pixar level good. May as well try something entirely different.

Yert3

The original voice actors are listed for this film so it seems they're either receiving credit for any old footage or theyll be used to point out that those voices are on screen voices and they just sound like Mulaney and Samberg off camera.
Well, Tress also voiced Gadget and Corey made buzzing sounds for zipper, so I’m assuming they still have those roles. In the show, Chip’s voice was just Gadget’s pitched way up. I wonder if they’ll bring back Jim or Peter for Monterey Jack. I’m assuming it’ll be Jim.

Piebald

Well, Tress also voiced Gadget and Corey made buzzing sounds for zipper, so I’m assuming they still have those roles. In the show, Chip’s voice was just Gadget’s pitched way up. I wonder if they’ll bring back Jim or Peter for Monterey Jack. I’m assuming it’ll be Jim.
Just read the IGN description and apparently Chip is an insurance salesman and Dale just runs the nostalgia convention circuit which is hilarious. Based on the article seems the plot is to rescue Gadget. If this movie is more meta than its leading on, they could make it so Gadget was kidnapped by the russian cult.

Cesar R M

Just read the IGN description and apparently Chip is an insurance salesman and Dale just runs the nostalgia convention circuit which is hilarious. Based on the article seems the plot is to rescue Gadget. If this movie is more meta than its leading on, they could make it so Gadget was kidnapped by the russian cult.

Considering how crazy the movie trailer is.. It would be hilarious if that was the real plot lol.

Last edited:

brb1006

I think the film is stating that Chip n Dale's high-pitched voices is only used for show. But after Rescue Rangers, they are sticking to their real voices.

Also The Living Island are fans of the original series.

brb1006

The idea of Gadget being kidnapped by a Russian cult would make for a pretty amusing rescue mission.

Brer Panther

not having Tress and Corey as Chip and Dale is pretty much unforgivable.
Disney loves its stunt-casting. It's the same reason why they wouldn't let Terrence McGovern voice Launchpad again in the Ducktales reboot.

I was expecting them to at least pitch up the voices, but I guess they can't be bothered to do that.
I wonder if they’ll bring back Jim or Peter for Monterey Jack. I’m assuming it’ll be Jim.
Apparently, Eric Bana is doing Monterey Jack. Because Jim and Peter aren't celebrities.

It'd be really hypocritical of them to use Tress as Gadget if they aren't using her as Chip, Corey as Dale, or Jim as Monterey Jack.

Magenta Panther

I think the film is stating that Chip n Dale's high-pitched voices is only used for show. But after Rescue Rangers, they are sticking to their real voices.

Also The Living Island are fans of the original series.

Okay, I know we're talking about cartoons here...but why the hell would Chip and Dale speed up their voices so that they sound like chipmunks when they ARE chipmunks?

Makes no sense, even in a cartoon world.

I suppose that "Disney" simply HAD to have celebrity voices for the chipmunks, or something, and, just so that nobody accuses them of imitating Alvin and Company, they DON'T speed up the voices. Is that the logic here? The idiocy displayed in that trailer is positively transcendent.

As for the appearance of Roger Rabbit...well, he's been better animated, that's for sure.

brb1006

I just now noticed that what ever that Frankenstein's Monster thing is that roared near the end of the trailer is Marie's head from The Aristocats. Alongside other body parts of Disney Characters.

FLsOATNXwAIntyO

erasure fan1

nonetheless, I think I'm speaking fairly and objectively when I say: "Holy crap that looks awful."
I have to agree, it looks terrible. I know this one isn't really for me anyway as I'm not the target. But this trailer has nothing to make me say, yea I'll check it out. It actually does the opposite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom