Live Action Rescue Rangers in Development

Cesar R M

I just now noticed that what ever that Frankenstein's Monster thing is that roared near the end of the trailer is Marie's head from The Aristocats. Alongside other body parts of Disney Characters.

FLsOATNXwAIntyO
Yep
My theory is that we might see something of Roger Rabbit.
Anyone remembers the chemical mix that disolved toons (only way to kill cartoons) done by the Judge?
These mixtures makes me wonder if the judge or a derivative will make it to the movie.

I see Wreck it Ralph's hand, The body of Gaston?
I do not recognize the weapon, it gives me doom vibes but its an arm cannon.

Sir_Cliff

I... don't know.

Maybe it will work, but it looks it could be a little too self-consciously clever.

There's something particularly jarring about taking well-established characters and giving them the completely different but instantly recognisable voices of well-known comedians. As a kind of oddity that makes you wonder how Disney ever green lit handing over their IP to a bunch of ex-SNL writers, though, I guess it could be an interesting thing to watch once and hopefully forget before you next come across a Chip'n'Dale meet-and-greet at Walt Disney World.

Inspired Figment

Sadly, if the leak I read on 4chan is true.. it’s one of the ‘worst’ villain choices they ever could’ve chosen… like, an absolute movie killing choice. One of the most beloved/iconic Disney characters of all time… shown/cast in a ‘completely’ wrong light/role .. sad. Praying it isn’t true and/or they pull a Sonic movie with this thing & fix it.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sadly, if the leak I read on 4chan is true.. it’s one of the ‘worst’ villain choices they ever could’ve chosen… like, an absolute movie killing choice. One of the most beloved/iconic Disney characters of all time… shown/cast in a ‘completely’ wrong light/role .. sad. Praying it isn’t true and/or they pull a Sonic movie with this thing & fix it.
I wouldn’t trust anything that’s posted on 4chan, it’s the equivalent of trusting the bus drivers at any Disney Park to have inside information.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Somebody leaked the plot of Scoob! on there and it turned out to be pretty accurate. So there's that.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, still doesn't make it a scoop site for leaks. Take any leak posted on that site, or any site for that matter even this one, with a HUGGGGGGEEEEEE grain of salt.

Cesar R M

I wouldn’t trust anything that’s posted on 4chan, it’s the equivalent of trusting the bus drivers at any Disney Park to have inside information.
4chan is the worst combination of POS people, try hard trolls and people just lying for the sake of lying. So yeah..
I bet they are laughing at the rage of some fans who believed their "leak".

Magenta Panther

Jesus Christ.

There's something so cringingly pathetic about Disney making fun of its own characters in order to seem "with it".

fellow kids.gif

Was that supposed to be Peter Pan? 🤮

Yet another reason not to sign up for Disney+.

celluloid

Jesus Christ.

There's something so cringingly pathetic about Disney making fun of its own characters in order to seem "with it".

Yet another reason not to sign up for Disney+.
I know what you mean.
In one way it could be like Roger Rabbit and have the charm of them having their personal lives as working actors. That is where Roger Rabbit did ToonTown better.

This is just kind of constant meta Disney themed to Disney. Ironically often what the parks have become in the states. You no longer have to make a great attraction or give quality that is maintaining what you are known for.
It is constant self referential events and food items.

waltography

I literally had no interest in this before the trailer, but now I am intrigued and curious to see it. I don't really enjoy the Ryan Reynolds-esque metahumor that's plagued a lot of movies lately but if anything I'm interested to see the animation quality (is this the same tech they used to make Paperman but on steroids?).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Um... if we look at *all* the hundreds and hundreds of titles of content that Disney & Co. has put out, just how many of these have been this type of super-meta vehicles. Let's list them all and show just how much this is a tired meme that is overtaking everything Disney is doing:

1. Who Killed Roger Rabbit
2. Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
3. Free Guy (which really shouldn't count because it was a Fox property before the merger, but, we'll count the sequel)
4...?

Sharon&Susan

Um... if we look at *all* the hundreds and hundreds of titles of content that Disney & Co. has put out, just how many of these have been this type of super-meta vehicles. Let's list them all and show just how much this is a tired meme that is overtaking everything Disney is doing:

1. Who Killed Roger Rabbit
2. Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
3. Free Guy (which really shouldn't count because it was a Fox property before the merger, but, we'll count the sequel)
4...?
Are you not counting Wreck It Ralph 2 because it's entirely animated?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you not counting Wreck It Ralph 2 because it's entirely animated?
Forgot about that. So, that's four.

(The point being is that people are making this sound like this type of film is rampant... when it's not.) A few compared to hundreds is not a large percentage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom