Live-Action reimagining of Moana

BlakeW39

The animals in the Lion King (and the Jungle Book) aren't anthropomorphic, though. The ones in Robin Hood are.

If they try to make them look like real animals while also wearing clothes and running around castles, fighting with swords, etc. it's going to look bizarre.

They did it with Pinnochio already, though

UNCgolf

If they are live action remakes, then yea! ;)

The only one I could somewhat make an argument for would be the black cauldron.

They should do a live action version of the Prydain Chronicles (and one was in development 7-8 years ago, but was presumably cancelled since nothing has come of it), but not a remake of the Black Cauldron. Just adapt the actual books (which are phenomenal) instead of their kind of botched animated take on the first two books together (with significant changes).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Auliʻi Cravalho says she will not be reprising her role as Moana in the Live-Action film.

"When I was cast as Moana at 14, it wonderfully changed my life and started my career. In this live-action retelling, I will not be reprising the role. I believe it is absolutely vital the casting accurately represents the characters and stories we want to tell."

Listen to the full video below.

Ghost93

It's hard to understand from her statement whether she's not playing the role because she feels she outgrew it or if its because she wants a native/indigenous actress to play the part. Maybe a combination of both.

wtyy21

It's hard to understand from her statement whether she's not playing the role because she feels she outgrew it or if its because she wants a native/indigenous actress to play the part. Maybe a combination of both.
In this case IMO, this live-action remake should mostly cast by actors/actresses different from the original animated counterparts, like The little mermaid recently. The original voice casts may still appear as cameo or having small role in live-action remake.

Vegas Disney Fan

Moana has one of the best soundtracks ever, I hope the don’t “Scuttlebutt” it.

I’m a big Dwayne Johnson fan so I’m excited to see him reprise his role but that’s it, like every other remake I’ll wait until it comes out on D+ (used to wait for the disk release).

The remakes are basically the equivalent of straight to DVD sequels to me, I’ve never paid to see them in the theaters but I eventually see them all at home.

CaptainAmerica

I don't think she or DTRJ were ever actually supposed to be in the roles, I think they're Executive Producing it and things got misreported right from the beginning.

Jedijax719

This project is a terrible idea. It's too recent and too beloved. Why bother? They would be much better off doing a sequel or, if they go live-action, set it years later when Moana is older and leading her village and bringing peoples from different islands together for a united cause. Make it a new story.

All that said, come at me with a James Cameron Finding Nemo live-action and we will talk.

BlakeW39

This project is a terrible idea. It's too recent and too beloved. Why bother? They would be much better off doing a sequel or, if they go live-action, set it years later when Moana is older and leading her village and bringing peoples from different islands together for a united cause. Make it a new story.

All that said, come at me with a James Cameron Finding Nemo live-action and we will talk.

$$$$$

EDIT: and a general lack of creativity in the company of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom