Live-Action reimagining of Moana

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder if this is going to be an actual "theatrical live-action movie" or one of those ABC "live-action musical movies" like they've done for a bunch of the recent animated films.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So will it be a culturally and ethnicity diverse cast ? I hope they don't have the gall to only cast Polynesian people to play Polynesian character roles.

UNCgolf

Wait! What happen to the live-action The Black Cauldron movie? Now that is one I would love to see.

I don't think it was intended as a live action remake of the Black Cauldron animated film. I'm pretty sure it was going to be a new adaptation of the Prydain Chronicles entirely, likely starting with The Book of Three.

I was happy it was in the works (as they are fantastic books) but considering how long it's been silent I'm assuming the project is in development hell and will probably never see the light of day.

erasure fan1

Wait! What happen to the live-action The Black Cauldron movie? Now that is one I would love to see.
I've said that in the past. If you remake the black cauldron you can call it it a mulligan. It is a Disney classic to almost nobody. I have a special place for it as I saw it as a kid and enjoyed it. But I also understand it was not very well received. The great part about it would be it is instant sequels that have NEVER been explored by Disney if it becomes successful. Unfortunately, it isn't sure fire easy money since there's no real built-in fan base. There's too much of a risk that it will underperform.

So bring on Moana, Stitch, the Incredibles, toy story....

Vegas Disney Fan

This may be the first live action adaptation I’m actually looking forward to, I love Moana and Johnson was great in Jungle Cruise.

I’d rather see a new story but since Disneys basically announced they’re only making sequels right now this should be one of the better ones.

Phroobar

I've said that in the past. If you remake the black cauldron you can call it it a mulligan. It is a Disney classic to almost nobody. I have a special place for it as I saw it as a kid and enjoyed it. But I also understand it was not very well received. The great part about it would be it is instant sequels that have NEVER been explored by Disney if it becomes successful. Unfortunately, it isn't sure fire easy money since there's no real built-in fan base. There's too much of a risk that it will underperform.

So bring on Moana, Stitch, the Incredibles, toy story....
What about Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Oliver & Company, The Fox & the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective, The Sword in the Stone, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Pocahontas, Tarzan, Hunchback of ND, Brother Bear? Why does Moana get the treatment?

erasure fan1

What about Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Oliver & Company, The Fox & the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective, The Sword in the Stone, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Pocahontas, Tarzan, Hunchback of ND, Brother Bear? Why does Moana get the treatment?
Moana will be easy money. It is extremely popular with a very large fan base. Not so much with Atlantis, treasure planet, brother bear. Now don't get me wrong, I think most of those will eventually come either to the theater or D+, that's why I ended with ...
Moana is just a pretty sure thing.

Vegas Disney Fan

Why does Moana get the treatment?

Moana’s consistently in the top 10 most streamed movies. It was #6 in early 2021 and is #7 this week, 2.5 years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom