Live-Action reimagining of Moana

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think she or DTRJ were ever actually supposed to be in the roles, I think they're Executive Producing it and things got misreported right from the beginning.

THR is reporting Dwayne Johnson will return as Maui. As @MisterPenguin posted earlier, Thomas Kail will direct.

"Thomas Kail, the Tony Award-winning director of Broadway’s Hamilton, has been tapped to direct Disney’s live-action take on the studio’s 2016 animated musical sensation Moana.

Disney announced the remake earlier this spring and has secured Dwayne Johnson to return to the role of Maui, the grandiose demigod of the wind and sea.

Johnson is producing via his Seven Bucks Productions along with Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Beau Flynn is also producing via Flynn Picture Co.

Jared Bush, who wrote the screenplay for the original movie, penned the remake, along with Dana Ledoux Miller."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dwayne Johnson spoke with Entertainment Tonight recently and had some news to share on the Live-Action Moana film.

"One of the exciting things about that was actually finding our Moana and how exciting that has been," he told ET. "The global search to find our Moana -- which -- between you and I, we found her -- not gonna tell you yet. [It's] very exciting."

"Lin Manuel Miranda's coming back. We're doing the music. Tommy Kail is our director, who directed Hamilton," he said. "You put everybody together and you want to put the best team together and then you really go for it."

As for what fans can expect from the film, which Johnson said he's "excited" to start shooting later this year, the actor teased, "The scale should be beautiful."

Full article below.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dwayne Johnson spoke with Entertainment Tonight recently and had some news to share on the Live-Action Moana film.

"One of the exciting things about that was actually finding our Moana and how exciting that has been," he told ET. "The global search to find our Moana -- which -- between you and I, we found her -- not gonna tell you yet. [It's] very exciting."

"Lin Manuel Miranda's coming back. We're doing the music. Tommy Kail is our director, who directed Hamilton," he said. "You put everybody together and you want to put the best team together and then you really go for it."

As for what fans can expect from the film, which Johnson said he's "excited" to start shooting later this year, the actor teased, "The scale should be beautiful."

Full article below.

Did he address how saying it will be released on thanksgiving is the biggest panic move…like…ever?

Can’t wait who they found though…bet she’s cheap and locked into a 3 picture deal 💰

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The release date of the Live-Action reimagining of Moana has moved from June 27, 2025 to July 10, 2026.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom