News Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

TheMaxRebo

They've been giving Ariel legs for years when she appears with Eric as a couple on parade floats, Fantasmic! floats and steamboat, on projections on the castle, and as a M&G at the Bon Voyage breakfast, and I think at other princess meal M&Gs.

Yup, at Akershus, etc she meets in human form.

Really just the MK M&G and Fantasmic and FoF that she is Mermaid form

Which works to have both forms around as she spends time in the movie(s) in both forms

CaptainAmerica

They've been giving Ariel legs for years when she appears with Eric as a couple on parade floats, Fantasmic! floats and steamboat, on projections on the castle, and as a M&G at the Bon Voyage breakfast, and I think at other princess meal M&Gs.
Well that's lame too. Mermaids with legs defeat the whole point, I don't particularly care which version.

dreday3

Having met Ariel several times, I can confirm that she usually has legs, which I always attributed to the practical difficulties of having her wear the mermaid costume in settings where she’s expected to move around and interact with guests.

I don't know the end of this live-action movie yet, but I think it would be more weird to meet her as a mermaid since we know she marries Prince Eric and keeps her legs! Why wouldn't we be meeting her with legs? :)

Of course either way is just fine. It's just fun.

MagicRat

This Aerial legs vs. no legs discussion has to be a gag right? I cannot believe anyone is so upset that she is sporting the legs for meet and greets. Larry David are you behind this?

EPCOT-O.G.

“Why does Ariel have legs” =

“Why does Optimus have flames” =

“Why does Spider-Man have organic web shooters” =

“Why does the Bat-suit have nipples”

LittleBuford

I don't know the end of this live-action movie yet, but I think it would be more weird to meet her as a mermaid since we know she marries Prince Eric and keeps her legs! Why wouldn't we be meeting her with legs? :)

Of course either way is just fine. It's just fun.
Meeting the mermaid version is also great (I just ignore the continuity issue!), but it makes for a somewhat more awkward interaction.

As you say, it’s good fun either way!

tcool123

There are only three places you can see Ariel as a mermaid outside of an attraction:
- Ariel's Grotto: A custom built meet and greet location that allows for this to happen.
- Festival of Fantasy
- Fantasmic

As other posters have mentioned this was likely to help differentiate her from the MK meet and greet alongside just being cheaper to transform a meet and greet space that acts as a flex space for the newest character or Sulley for some reason.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
1685116826912.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom