News Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

dreday3

I don’t meet princesses, but I’ve got to think most of their fans (little girls) would rather meet mermaid Ariel instead of human Ariel, while that is impossible for a character meal, it is not for an indoor meet and greet.

I don't either, I just don't see the issue with her having legs.

LittleBuford

It’s also worth noting that Ariel by default appears in her human form when depicted in Disney Princess lineups. Kids are used to seeing her with legs.

Kirby86

Classic Ariel has been seen in human form with legs as well it's not a big deal. Also little off topic as for the princess brand I still find it amazing Elsa and Anna still have Frozen merchandise instead of being sucked into the Disney Princesses brand like so many others.

gerarar

Premium Member
They've been giving Ariel legs for years when she appears with Eric as a couple on parade floats, Fantasmic! floats and steamboat, on projections on the castle, and as a M&G at the Bon Voyage breakfast, and I think at other princess meal M&Gs.
Was this ever a thing? I've watched and seen F! since like forever, and Ariel has always been mermaid form on the princess barge and steamboat.

If it's the B-mode finale without the steamboat, she doesn't appear on the stage with Eric.

Curious if there's ever been documentation that she indeed appeared as human in the show before lol.

Side note, if they made her human with legs in the WDW version, there would be no reason to give her hazard pay anymore as she currently goes under a fire blanket during the finale fireworks since she's not mobile enough to take cover with the rest of the characters.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

You just explain to your kid that it’s Ariel.

Is it a good thing that the Character is unrecognizable?

Who cares that’s Disney’s choice.
The kids aren’t confused. I work at a resort with a pool and was interacting with a little girl yesterday with dolls of (new) Ariel and her sisters in the pool. She was just so excited to see the movie this weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom