Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Disstevefan1

Hmmm…you know what happens when you assume… as none of us know how the film will turn out as no one has seen it
I did not assume. I am confident this is gonna be terrible. I will watch it and if my family wants to see right away when it comes out on streaming, I WILL PAY, but we will NOT be going to the theaters to see this, , but I am confident this is gonna be terrible.

DKampy

I did not assume. I am confident this is gonna be terrible. I will watch it and if my family wants to see right away when it comes out on streaming, I WILL PAY, but we will NOT be going to the theaters to see this, , but I am confident this is gonna be terrible
By your own admittance you don’t see anything in theaters so I don’t know if that says anything about how you feel… but you are presenting your opinion on how you feel about the film and turning it around as fact… which all this is based on opinions as none of us have seen it…it could be terrible… this is true… but none of us know for sure… just having Marc Webb and Greta Gerwig involved on the creative side gives me hope as both have done good work before

Disstevefan1

By your own admittance you don’t see anything in theaters so I don’t know if that says anything about how you feel… but you are presenting your opinion on how you feel about the film and turning it around as fact… which all this is based on opinions as none of us have seen it…it could be terrible… this is true… but none of us know for sure… just having Marc Webb and Greta Gerwig involved on the creative side gives me hope as both have done good work before
Yes its my opinion, and anyone can be confident about anything, and of course I can be wrong, and ironically, in some way MONEY from me will go to TWDC from this movie, but NOT from the theater, and to be honest, for my family, this is true for all movies since 2019.

I thought Elemental was GREAT! and purchased in on Prime instead of waiting for it to get on D+ but again did not go to the theater.

We will see how this goes and OK, maybe terrible is too strong a word, but I am 100 percent confident this will not make its return on investment at the box office. A very easy prediction to make these days actually.

Tony the Tigger

What did people in 1937 think of this picture?

View attachment 740356

Could you clarify what you're getting at?
First, sorry for posting this in the wrong thread!

I stumbled across this image this morning. A friend of mine sells movie posters for a living, and it popped up in my Facebook feed. It made me wonder what was the reaction back then, with no expectations or context, seeing this image as an intro to a film. That is not the glamorous version of Snow White who is typically on DVD covers today. She’s looking slightly ratty in the woods with a bunch of odd looking men staring at her.

Contrasting that with the recent photo for the new film and reaction to it.

Btw, that poster sold for over $3K.

erasure fan1

First, sorry for posting this in the wrong thread!

I stumbled across this image this morning. A friend of mine sells movie posters for a living, and it popped up in my Facebook feed. It made me wonder what was the reaction back then, with no expectations or context, seeing this image as an intro to a film. That is not the glamorous version of Snow White who is typically on DVD covers today. She’s looking slightly ratty in the woods with a bunch of odd looking men staring at her.

Contrasting that with the recent photo for the new film and reaction to it.

Btw, that poster sold for over $3K.
I'd say the reaction was pretty strong considering that adjusted for inflation it sits at nearly 4 billion. Give or take when it's been rereleased.

Last edited:

Snow Queen 83

Rachel Zegler seems like she wants to be the only hero in this movie. Much like in Little Mermaid and everything else Disney has been making. The female (Snow White) is going to be a Mary Sue, who doesn't believe in love. Zegler even joked in an interview that maybe Jonathan (the Prince Charming replacement) will be be cut from the film.

This will be the first Snow White movie I won't see. Because it isn't really a Snow White movie.

Chi84

Premium Member
Rachel Zegler seems like she wants to be the only hero in this movie. Much like in Little Mermaid and everything else Disney has been making. The female (Snow White) is going to be a Mary Sue, who doesn't believe in love. Zegler even joked in an interview that maybe Jonathan (the Prince Charming replacement) will be be cut from the film.

This will be the first Snow White movie I won't see. Because it isn't really a Snow White movie.
You didn't think Prince Eric was portrayed as a hero in The Little Mermaid?

Ghost93

While Zegler's comments about the original Snow White kinda rubbed me the wrong way, they were very off-hand/flippant comments during casual interviews over a year ago and shouldn't be taken that seriously. The backlash and dogpiling and online harassment Zegler has received is a disgrace. There's an entire YouTube industry now of people profiting off bashing Rachel Zegler.

The worst part is, Zegler can't even defend herself or the movie, as speaking about the film would be a violation of the Actors' strike, so she just has to stay put and listen to millions of people bashing her without the ability to fully speak up for herself.

DKampy

Ariel didn’t believe in love???? I don’t know if I picked that up

LittleBuford

While Zegler's comments about the original Snow White kinda rubbed me the wrong way, they were very off-hand/flippant comments during casual interviews over a year ago and shouldn't be taken that seriously. The backlash and dogpiling and online harassment Zegler has received is a disgrace. There's an entire YouTube industry now of people profiting off bashing Rachel Zegler.

The worst part is, Zegler can't even defend herself or the movie, as speaking about the film would be a violation of the Actors' strike, so she just has to stay put and listen to millions of people bashing her without the ability to fully speak up for herself.
Leaving aside how Zegler herself might feel (because that’s unlikely to matter to her detractors), I’m truly baffled that so many grown adults would let themselves get this worked up over something so inconsequential. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You know that Rachel didn't write the script, nor did she produce nor direct it, right?

She just read the lines given her with direction from the director.

This isn't Rachel's pet project.

She's just an actor making appearances to advertise it.

If Snow White is the only hero in the story... that was totally not her decision at all.

If...

Snow Queen 83

2012 - ?

Brave
Frankenweenie
Wreck-It Ralph
Monsters University
Planes
Frozen
Planes: Fire & Rescue
Big Hero 6
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur
Zootopia
Finding Dory
Moana
Cars 3
Coco
Incredibles 2
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Toy Story 4
The Lion King
Frozen II
Onward
Soul
Raya and the Last Dragon
Luca
Encanto
Turning Red
Lightyear
Strange World
Elemental

Disney doesn't seem to want to show romance between a man and a woman anymore. Unless it's an animal or something non human. Turning Red is the only one I can think of recently and it wasn't exactly romance.

LittleBuford

2012 - ?

Brave
Frankenweenie
Wreck-It Ralph
Monsters University
Planes
Frozen
Planes: Fire & Rescue
Big Hero 6
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur
Zootopia
Finding Dory
Moana
Cars 3
Coco
Incredibles 2
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Toy Story 4
The Lion King
Frozen II
Onward
Soul
Raya and the Last Dragon
Luca
Encanto
Turning Red
Lightyear
Strange World
Elemental

Disney doesn't seem to want to show romance between a man and a woman anymore. Unless it's an animal or something non human. Turning Red is the only one I can think of recently and it wasn't exactly romance.
I’m surprised to see Strange World on your list given that it features a cutesy sequence in which the mum and dad are acting all loved up. I can only assume you haven’t seen the film for yourself.

IMG_3386.jpeg

Elemental, meanwhile, is entirely centred on a heterosexual romance, though I suppose your “non-human” clause means we would have to (conveniently) discount it.

(There are numerous other films on your list that don’t hold up to scrutiny, but I doubt going through them individually would achieve much.)

Chi84

Premium Member
Prince Eric's heroic act at the end was given to Ariel. So no, he wasn't.

Nope, just like Snow White. Disney pushed the "She's doing this for herself" idea.
But what about the part where Prince Eric saves Ariel from Ursula? And then draws away the eels? What did you think about that scene?

I’m not even sure what you mean about the second part. Didn’t you think all the additional screen time showing the relationship between Prince Eric and Ariel was to show how they were in love? What did you think about her reaction when Scuttlebutt told her that Prince Eric was under a spell?

I’m interested to know how two people who saw the same movie came to such diametrically opposed conclusions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom