Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Californian Elitist

I generally have very little interest in what actors say or do beyond how well they acquit themselves in the roles they’re paid to perform. You and others here seem to care a great deal about statements made by Rachel Zegler in interviews she gave last year—a passion that, for some reason, doesn’t extend to her costar, co-interviewee, and fellow Disney-hater Gal “She’s not gonna be saved by the prince!” Gadot. I’m sure you’ll find many, many more opportunities to continue voicing your horror at Zegler’s abominable behaviour in the months leading up to the film’s release, after which you’ll no doubt share frequent updates of what I suspect will be a disappointing box-office performance. Let the good times roll!

(Did I mention it’s cowritten by Greta Gerwig? I understand you’re a great fan of her work!)
And more likely than not WON’T see the movie, but will criticize it and complain about it, despite not having a leg to stand on.

We’ve recognized the patter long ago.

TP2000

I generally have very little interest in what actors say or do beyond how well they acquit themselves in the roles they’re paid to performYou and others here seem to care a great deal about statements made by Rachel Zegler in interviews she gave last year—a passion that, for some reason, doesn’t extend to her costar, co-interviewee, and fellow Disney-hater Gal “She’s not gonna be saved by the prince!” Gadot. I’m sure you’ll find many, many more opportunities to continue voicing your horror at Zegler’s abominable behaviour in the months leading up to the film’s release, after which you’ll no doubt share frequent updates of what I suspect will be a disappointing box-office performance. Let the good times roll!

There's about a dozen of us here consistently talking about this. Two dozen people tops. In a backwater corner of a Disney theme park fan message board circa 2003.

That TikTok/YouTube video I just linked to that you dismissed has had 2.7 Million views in the last 8 days. There are many more videos like it, all as critical of Racher Zegler's comments. Some are rather obscene, so can't be linked to. Because the kids are often rather obscene nowadays.

This is a real thing. A real thing entirely of Rachel Zegler's making, all smirky and smug and laughing at Walt and the unfashionable idiots and bigots who like his work.

You may not be happy about this, but it's real. It's happening. And this little corner backwater discussion forum, all two dozen of us, is not guiding it or controlling it. We are merely trying to catch up to what already happened on TikTok last week.

TP2000

Because the bad PR has gone mainstream enough that I think the film’s chances of doing well are irretrievably damaged.

And is that the potential audience's fault? Or is it Rachel Zegler's fault and whoever at Disney PR approved those Talking Points she was given for D23 Expo interviews?

You can't blame the audience in a free market for not buying your product. Especially if you trash the product itself.

TP2000

Neither. @Casper Gutman has already outlined how, and through whose instigation, this “controversy” came about. I’ve nothing to add to his analysis.

So what's your solution to that problem? Just keep making these movies, like Snow White's Leadership Adventure with Seven Magical Creatures, Presented by LinkedIn, until the family audience finally relents and forces themselves to buy tickets en masse to Disney movies again?

Or do you admit your mistakes and course correct? And make a Princess movie where the young lady meets some cute guy in the forest, or whatever the hell it is, and lives happily ever after with talking animals and lovable sidekicks? Because it's that format that made Disney into the cultural powerhouse and financial success that it once was.

My hope is that Disney course corrects and stops making these PC remakes, deleting love stories for leadership journeys, etc..
Or at the very least, gives their vapid young talent like Miss Zegler better Talking Points to use with Variety and Extra reporters at official media events.

Because the way this has been going for them isn't sustainable. Financially or culturally.

Last edited:

TP2000

Who on earth said we were? Certainly not me.

Not you specifically, at least not in this immediate thread.

But it's been implied by others that we were controlling strings, guiding "narratives", and other such conspiratorial drivel.

And whenever someone says something like that, I look at myself on this patio with this laptop and a nearly gone Gin N' Tonic and I just laugh. I couldn't guide a narrative if I wanted to. None of us could. At least not in this forum or format.

LittleBuford

So what's your solution to that problem?
I have no solution and am not interested in devising any. I’m here as a humble fan who likes to watch movies (fancy that!) and share my thoughts—negative as well as positive—on what I’ve seen. Selfish of me, I know, but we can’t all devote ourselves to the noble cause of rescuing Disney from the Zeglers of this world.

TP2000

Selfish of me, I know, but we can’t all devote ourselves to the noble cause of rescuing Disney from the Zeglers of this world.

Well, somone needs to figure out how to reel her back in, retrain her, and relaunch her and this entire big budget movie.

Because this has been a PR disaster for Disney the past two weeks. Messy. And all based on Miss Zegler's own words.

LittleBuford

Well, somone needs to figure out how to reel her back in, retrain her, and relaunch her and this entire big budget movie.

Because this has been a PR disaster for Disney the past two weeks. Messy. And all based on Miss Zegler's own words.

Selfish old me just doesn’t care! The only thing I’m interested in is whether it proves to be an enjoyable movie. Greta Gerwig’s involvement is encouraging in that regard!

Casper Gutman

As has been demonstrated over and over, this is entirely manufactured. Those “words” had to be dug up, distorted, openly lied about, and blasted through existing culture war channels (where did she say she “hated” Snow White? Still waiting for an answer on that claim by the Mail). So… a little more then Zegler’s own words.

And originally the attack was based on Miss Zegler’s very own ethnicity. We’ve had that conveniently demonstrated in this thread by the posting of a couple of explicitly race-focused memes the mods have had to clean up. Then the “comments” were dug up from 2022, and that was a much better avenue of attack, since some silly people find the ethnic attacks a bit uncouth. Those are better left as subtext.

By the by, almost everything you do on these boards is air culture war grievances, so your professed ignorance has more then a whiff of theatricality.

I posted this a few pages ago, but oddly none of the outraged masses have so much as acknowledged it, so they must have missed it. Seems like it kinda complicates the narrative:

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I generally have very little interest in what actors say or do beyond how well they acquit themselves in the roles they’re paid to perform. You and others here seem to care a great deal about statements made by Rachel Zegler in interviews she gave last year—a passion that, for some reason, doesn’t extend to her costar, co-interviewee, and fellow Disney-hater Gal “She’s not gonna be saved by the prince!” Gadot. I’m sure you’ll find many, many more opportunities to continue voicing your horror at Zegler’s abominable behaviour in the months leading up to the film’s release, after which you’ll no doubt share frequent updates of what I suspect will be a disappointing box-office performance. Let the good times roll!

(Did I mention it’s cowritten by Greta Gerwig? I understand you’re a great fan of her work!)
I have been following this for weeks and not said a word. I find it incredible that @LittleBuford and @Casper Gutman can try to make their own echo chamber about anything regarding this. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Across the boards there are many saying this. The fact that the two of you want to claim it isn't does matter about the bad PR. time will tell but it will be the same outcome.

Casper Gutman

I have been following this for weeks and not said a word. I find it incredible that @LittleBuford and @Casper Gutman can try to make their own echo chamber about anything regarding this. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Across the boards there are many saying this. The fact that the two of you want to claim it isn't does matter about the bad PR. time will tell but it will be the same outcome.
We’re not the only ones in an echo chamber.

If you just keep shouting about how huge the totally organic story is, you never have to think about why or how or by whom the story is being pushed. Critical analysis of media is for losers, apparently.

Periodic invitation for the pearl-clutchers to actually focus on Zegler’s words and point to the specific ones you find upsetting rather then indulging in vague hyperboleZ

Last edited:

AdventureHasAName

We’re not the only ones in an echo chamber.

If you just keep shouting about how huge the totally organic story is, you never have to think about why or how or by whom the story is being pushed. Critical analysis of media is for losers, apparently.

Periodic invitation for the pearl-clutches to actually focus on Zegler’s words and point to the specific ones you find upsetting rather then indulging in vague hyperboleZ
What's inorganic? She said incredibly dumb stuff that anyone with a pulse would realize fans of the original film would find eye-rolling (at best) and offensive (at worst). So people said to themselves, "If she was dumb enough to say that in public, I wonder what other dumb stuff she has said over the years," and went looking for it. And guess what? She said a bunch of dumb stuff over the years.

It's not anybody else's fault that she's dumb and doesn't realize it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom