Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Casper Gutman

There are two options remaining for this coming train wreck:

1) Lose $100M+ at the global box office and be widely ridiculed

2) Straight to Disney+ where it will be “well received” and then “discovered and beloved by audiences” down the road with absolutely no data to support it
I love futility, so…

What evidence is there that Snow White, written by the writer-director of the hottest film of 2023, is doomed to be a train wreck?

Is it the alterations to the love story that takes up less then 8 minutes of the original?

The acknowledgment of social changes since 1937?

The fact that the dwarfs are too tall?

The ethnicity of the lead?

What’s the killing blow, exactly?

erasure fan1

What evidence is there that Snow White, written by the writer-director of the hottest film of 2023, is doomed to be a train wreck?
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but that image that was leaked is off the charts awful. And if the rest of the film is to that standard, I can see it being a train wreck. That's why I say it will need a pretty awesome trailer to change the narrative.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
1693168217468.png

MoonRakerSCM

With regards to the photo of the group of 'individuals', what are the thoughts on which one is which? Do we even know if they're going to have the names?

From left to right-
1- Bashful? Sleepy?
2- ?
3- Happy?
4- Grumpy?
5- Doc?
6- Doc?
7- Dopey?

Chi84

Premium Member
With regards to the photo of the group of 'individuals', what are the thoughts on which one is which? Do we even know if they're going to have the names?

From left to right-
1- Bashful? Sleepy?
2- ?
3- Happy?
4- Grumpy?
5- Doc?
6- Doc?
7- Dopey?
I don’t think they’re going to have the names of the dwarfs. From what I’ve heard (don’t know if it’s accurate), they are going to be a band of forest-dwellers instead.

TP2000

It doesn’t have to be a love story to include love. Frozen being a case in point.

What was the deal with Kristoff and Anna then?

I took her to be joking about the scenes featuring Jonathan. After all, he’s a major character.

That's just it. With Rachel Zegler it's always joking about the source material. Always laughing at it. Smirking about it. Winking at the TV reporter and smugly announcing Walt's crap is all far better now that she and the HR Department are in charge.

Zelger's been a PR nightmare for this film. That's not the fault of the costumers who Disney needs to buy tickets to this movie.

It's the fault of whoever the heck gave Rachel Zegler those Talking Points and told her to lean into winky smugness.

LittleBuford

What was the deal with Kristoff and Anna then?
That’s exactly my point. Frozen featured love without being a love story.

That's just it. With Rachel Zegler it's always joking about the source material. Always laughing at it. Smirking about it. Winking at the TV reporter and smugly announcing Walt's crap is all far better now that she and the HR Department are in charge.
Yeah, she’s the devil incarnate, and we must protect Walt’s legacy from her at all costs!

LittleBuford

I wouldn't go that far. But she's a PR nightmare come true.

Disney needs to get her retrained and rephrased before they let her go on The Tonight Show next February to shill this movie.

Because as of now, she's a messy mess. :oops:
I generally have very little interest in what actors say or do beyond how well they acquit themselves in the roles they’re paid to perform. You and others here seem to care a great deal about statements made by Rachel Zegler in interviews she gave last year—a passion that, for some reason, doesn’t extend to her costar, co-interviewee, and fellow Disney-hater Gal “She’s not gonna be saved by the prince!” Gadot. I’m sure you’ll find many, many more opportunities to continue voicing your horror at Zegler’s abominable behaviour in the months leading up to the film’s release, after which you’ll no doubt share frequent updates of what I suspect will be a disappointing box-office performance. Let the good times roll!

(Did I mention it’s cowritten by Greta Gerwig? I understand you’re a great fan of her work!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom