Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Chi84

Premium Member
I just rewatched the original animated film last night, so some brief thoughts:

1) In case some of you haven’t watched it in awhile, please do so. It’s an absolute masterpiece. Each and every frame is gorgeous and carefully drawn by clear craftsman at the top of their game.

2) Snow White has clearly reciprocated her love interest in the prince within the first few minutes of the film. It’s not clear they’ve never met before, but even if that was the first time they met, Snow White visible demonstrates an amorous interest in him. That somewhat negates the “stalker” conceit or the “she was reanimated by a stranger who kissed her without consent” taking point many like to spout. Seriously, watch the first five minutes of the movie.
This whole argument is so silly, but I guess there's nothing else to talk about since so little is known about the live-action remake.

I haven't watched the original in quite some time, but it's not going anywhere. I don't know how many kids even see the original these days. It's such an old movie, I'm not sure my daughter has even seen it; I know my grandchildren have not. All this interest in the remake coming out has probably stirred up a good deal of interest in the original. I'll bet once the trailers start coming out for the remake, there will be new interest in seeing the original. That's a good thing; it will be seen more often - nothing is getting ruined.

Honestly, I don't care what actors say about the movies they are hired to act in and it's my opinion that the general public pays way too much attention to those folks in any event. I remember the fiasco that followed ice skater Nancy Kerrigan saying "this is so corny" about the Disney parade she was in after the Olympics. Sometimes people who are constantly the center of attention say things better left unsaid, especially if they're young.

Any movie made several decades after the original will be different, and live-action movies will be more fleshed out than animated versions because of the human actors involved. I loved the live-action remake of TLM, but didn't care as much for Beauty and the Beast. I actually preferred the TV version where Josh Groban was the beast - the singing was better.

I'll probably give the live-action Snow White a chance, just based on how good TLM turned out. I still think it's a shame some people refuse to see that movie because of fairly insignificant changes.

DKampy

it’s unbelievable how this world has such a mob mentality lately… Zegler is being attacked right now because a certain side decided they did not like what she said regarding the strike… since there is not much Hollywood news due to the strike decided to make her the new target… so they went through her old interviews to pick them apart as to decide which narrative to run with…which in my opinion is much ado about nothing… just her opinions… we all got them

Trauma

So what’s the current duster talking point on this?

Who cares what the lead actress says?

Gets cast as the lead actress in remake of an all time classic animated film.

Then states she doesn’t like the film.

Then rambles on nonsensically to show how much smarter and better a person she is then anyone associated with the original.

What’s not to like!!

Take my money!!!!!!

Chi84

Premium Member
So what’s the current duster talking point on this?

Who cares what the lead actress says?

Gets cast as the lead actress in remake of an all time classic animated film.

Then states she doesn’t like the film.

Then rambles on nonsensically to show how much smarter and better a person she is then anyone associated with the original.

What’s not to like!!

Take my money!!!!!!
Why be so insulting? If you care more about what the actor said than what’s in the movie, just don’t see it.

But don’t start calling people names just because they don’t care at all about what some young celebrity says. That’s a perfectly rational position not at all limited to Disney movies.

Trauma

Why be so insulting? If you care more about what the actor said than what’s in the movie, just don’t see it.

But don’t start calling people names just because they don’t care at all about what some young celebrity says. That’s a perfectly rational position not at all limited to Disney movies.
What names?

DKampy

Really? Generally, I find it absolutely believable. You reap what you sow.
What did I sow???… just stating facts… as there is definitely people against Disney right now… and if you agree with them…what are doing on a Disney fan site… that’s all I am going say on the matter as we are not suppose to dig into politics here… it is impossible to talk about the matter without

erasure fan1

Not picking a side as I am trying to stay away from politics per WDWmagics rules… just stating facts as I see it
You don't really need too on this one. As far as I can tell, a lot of people on both sides aren't happy with her comments or what has come out about this film.

The trailer for this better be amazing or it's going to be an extremely long lead up to the release.

Rambozo

If Disney is just making movies for people that will like anything. And give the movie an A+ before they even see it. Then they aren't going to make much money.

Tha Realest

Not picking a side as I am trying to stay away from politics per WDWmagics rules… just stating facts as I see it
I understand. I detest mob mentality. Some of my favorite actors are those who’ve expressed very hateful things about my religion, general views, and even my ethnicity. That’s fine. I’m able to separate that and appreciate their work on its own merits.

Alec Baldwin is a good example. He’s obviously battled demons in the past and deleted his social media accounts at various times as a result. He remains the absolute best Jack Ryan, had a great leading man stretch (I love The Shadow, notwithstanding its flaws), and in recent years has become one of the preeminent comedic actors. He’s terrific. I am saddened at what happened on Rust for him, which was by all accounts an accident. At various times he’s said very hateful things about people like me. That’s okay. He’s human, is immensely talented, and deserves to continue to work (whether I want to see a given project or not).

WorldExplorer

I don’t think people outside of this site realize just how/what the reaction to the commentary of the lead actress has been received.

Suffice to say it’s not going well.

Yeah comments are definitely ugly. Not good for Disney

I am an unashamed rubbernecker! Please point me in the direction of these comments? Is it Twitter? I avoid that place like the plague but would dip in for this.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t think people outside of this site realize just how/what the reaction to the commentary of the lead actress has been received.

Suffice to say it’s not going well.
Let’s just say that the people who were going to be triggered by the adjustments to the Snow White story will be much more upset as a result of the comments.

You may be right that people outside of this site (pretty much everyone given the small size of this site) don’t realize the reaction to the lead actress’s comments. Probably because very few people not obsessed with Disney movies even notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom