Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, I was just being silly.

Sounds like a step in the right direction for Disney movie budgets. Do we know if the Snow White budget accounts for the apparent reshoots? Or are those not actually confirmed? (I confess, I haven't read this entire thread)
Its currently listed at $209M, I don't know if that is before or after its round of reshoots. I suspect we won't get that number until closer to release, if its changed.

CaptinEO

Sorry but TMZ is not some beacon of truth, also their article is based on the original Daily Mail article, both are tabloids. So I wouldn't take anything what either publications publish as some true reporting of events. Its sensationalized reporting specifically designed to stoke the flames of discontent that was happening at the time, ie its clickbate.
TMZ is a trashy news site but it is very much accurate in its reporting. Believe it or not they are the most common truth source used for confirming celebrity deaths.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TMZ is a trashy news site but it is very much accurate in its reporting. Believe it or not they are the most common truth source used for confirming celebrity deaths.
And if we were talking about a celebrity death I might be inclined to believe it. But they get this information straight from the Daily Mail, they don't even change much of any of the substance. There is no independent verification done, no quote from anyone, heck there is not even an author listed and they don't even have their own pictures, just using copies from a hosting site. It is a unadulterated tabloid clickbate article written to stoke the flames of discontent about Disney at the time, and you fell hook, line, and sinker for it.

Sorry but its not some evidence of anything. If you had something from a major news outlet that had independent verification done, and not just some copy of the Daily Mail, I might be willing to entertain such a claim. But until then throw this in the waste bin just like all other tabloid "news".

Disstevefan1

TLM lost money especially when you add the marketing costs and SW will for sure lose money.

We all must remember, in Disney's movie business, making money is not important, its all about their art and their message.

Disney uses their theme park business to pay for their money losing movies.

If they can make money on a movie here and there, like Inside out 2, that's gravy.

CaptinEO

And if we were talking about a celebrity death I might be inclined to believe it. But they get this information straight from the Daily Mail, they don't even change much of any of the substance. There is no independent verification done, no quote from anyone, heck there is not even an author listed and they don't even have their own pictures, just using copies from a hosting site. It is a unadulterated tabloid clickbate article written to stoke the flames of discontent about Disney at the time, and you fell hook, line, and sinker for it.

Sorry but its not some evidence of anything. If you had something from a major news outlet that had independent verification done, and not just some copy of the Daily Mail, I might be willing to entertain such a claim. But until then throw this in the waste bin just like all other tabloid "news".
Well stated and I agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom