Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Mickey's Pal

Agreed. The originally remarkable short and very light on actual plot. If you simply did a shot for shot remake in live action, it would come across as very incomplete.
This comment has been driving me nuts. The original is not 'remarkable short'. It was the FIRST FULL LENGTH ANIMATED MOVIE EVER when it was released. No one thought you could make an animated movie that long before. The world had never seen ANYTHING like it before and it changed movies FOREVER. Is it short by 2024 standards? Duh! But back when it was released it was a remarkable achievement to make something that long.
Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney Analyst

I'll let @Disney Analyst comment on his own post just so its clear on his intent.

But this is the issue with making assumptions based on incomplete and possibly incorrect information. If you had watched the trailer you'd know more on what the movie will actually feature.

Everything is based on speculation, people who claim to know something saying something.

The details I saw floating around were that the Prince was a thief / bandit of sorts, with his 7 bandit friends. An attempt to flesh him out a bit more, and give him a quirky similarity to snow? Some sort of parallels between the two groups?

Of course. Who knows. Maybe he’s just a prince now? Maybe he’s always been a prince, but a Robin Hood sentiment?

Maybe the 7 friends were replacements for the dwarfs. Maybe they never were meant to be.

Who knows. What we know is what we have been shown.

LittleBuford

Everything is based on speculation, people who claim to know something saying something.

The details I saw floating around were that the Prince was a thief / bandit of sorts, with his 7 bandit friends. An attempt to flesh him out a bit more, and give him a quirky similarity to snow? Some sort of parallels between the two groups?

Of course. Who knows. Maybe he’s just a prince now? Maybe he’s always been a prince, but a Robin Hood sentiment?

Maybe the 7 friends were replacements for the dwarfs. Maybe they never were meant to be.

Who knows. What we know is what we have been shown.
I can’t vouch for their authenticity, but there were (positive) reports of early screenings that stated that the dwarfs had been replaced with bandits. Assuming these reports weren’t fabricated, the idea that the dwarfs were a later addition isn’t entirely baseless.

Disney Analyst

I can’t vouch for their authenticity, but there were (positive) reports of early screenings that stated that the dwarfs had been replaced with bandits. Assuming these reports weren’t fabricated, the idea that the dwarfs were a later addition isn’t entirely baseless.

Right, I’m not here to say it’s not possible.

But I also have a hard time believing much of anything, unless it’s coming from a reputable source.

Chi84

Premium Member
Positive reports from whom?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm curious where did you see that, because all the reports of early screenings that I've seen just comments on Rachel's, Gal's, and Andrew's performances, nothing on the content of the story or the dwarfs.

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm curious where did you see that, because all the reports of early screenings that I've seen just comments on Rachel's, Gal's, and Andrew's performances, nothing on the content of the story or the dwarfs.
I did a google search and received a lot of search results, they all seem to be based of a disinsider article and a couple of tweets though so who knows if there’s any truth to any of it.

The articles mention positive reviews of the stars but also mention that many fans are upset by Zieglers comments and the films decision to replace the dwarfs, although it doesn’t say if the screening confirmed there aren’t dwarfs, just more speculation surrounding what has become a very controversial film.

LittleBuford

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I did a google search and received a lot of search results, they all seem to be based of a disinsider article and a couple of tweets though so who knows if there’s any truth to any of it.

The articles mention positive reviews of the stars but also mention that many fans are upset by Zieglers comments and the films decision to replace the dwarfs, although it doesn’t say if the screening confirmed there aren’t dwarfs, just more speculation surrounding what has become a very controversial film.
Exactly, I found the same from my search a bit earlier. So yep more speculation, so nothing to see here.

LittleBuford

Right, I’m not here to say it’s not possible.

But I also have a hard time believing much of anything, unless it’s coming from a reputable source. There was an active anti-Disney campaign over the last few years, and anti “woke” campaigns, and this movie was a large target for them.

When there is so much money to be made, just by spreading whatever nonsense riles people up, I become suspect. Follow the money. What did these people have to gain? Who is the audience?
The report I was thinking of (and which I just provided a link to) is really positive; it doesn’t read like a hit piece or something designed to rile people up, though anything is possible I suppose.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was thinking more of the second post I shared (with all the screenshots). That goes so far as to praise the bandits’ face-acting.
Except even the twitter account on the early screening stated, the VFX was not completed at the time of the screening, so that second post shows how incomplete the information being posted was. But that its confirmed that there would be dwarfs and they would be CGI, based on the early screening.

So again this is all assumptions based on bad and incomplete information.

donaldtoo

I haven’t really been keeping up with this thread, but when the original animated film was in production, it was referred to as “Disney’s Folly”, and we all know how that turned out.
This one seems have had many of its own issues during production.
Obviously, we won’t know for sure until it’s released, but I’m wondering if there may be a general consensus out there regarding the success, or not, of this film…?

Tha Realest

This comment has been driving me nuts. The original is not 'remarkable short'. It was the FIRST FULL LENGTH ANIMATED MOVIE EVER when it was released. No one thought you could make an animated movie that long before. The world had never seen ANYTHING like it before and it changed movies FOREVER. Is it short by 2024 standards? Duh! But back when it was released it was a remarkable achievement to make something that long.
Rant over.
This is a great point. It’s a bit of recency bias to complain the film was short. For reference, few modern animated films are that much longer than Snow White’s runtime, and falls well within the mean of WDAS output over the decades:

1723329832763.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom