Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Chi84

Premium Member
14. The whole conceit is she going through puberty and that’s why the queen is suddenly supplanted as no longer being the fairest.

Obviously, no one is terribly caught up in her age from the cartoon or honestly expecting they’d cast a 14yo to begin with.

Which doesn’t make the original bad, or an affront on the original film. But there are ways to update it, much as the Disney original modified the fairy tale.

The original film stands well on its own. It poses no major problems for the company, who basically made her the main princess of their newest castle park.

I’ve always been on the side of if you are going to remake these things anyways, at least take a swing at something different.
There’s no way they could do a present day remake that’s true to the original.

Tha Realest

Well, I brought it up specifically in the context of a sociological discussion and I did so because it appears to be the primary motivation of Greta Gerwig, who wrote the film.
A few pages back one poster shared an article in December of last year where Greta Gerwig minimized her role as more of doing a pass and punching up some jokes for the script. So it’s not clear how much of that view will make its way in the shooting script, if at all.

The other screenwriter, presumably the one that did the lion’s share of the work, is someone else, and this is their work (which explores some psychological sexual themes in a lot of those works):

1719842371273.png

Disstevefan1

This thread does provide amusement for something that hasn't seen the light of day yet and has completed principle photography twice with a year separation between both occurrences. Looks like a tax write off in progress as its not even adequate to be dumped on streaming.
In the spirit of Schadenfreude, now I am hoping this goes to streaming 😉

But the smart thing is to write it off, never to see the light of day.

DKampy

This thread does provide amusement for something that hasn't seen the light of day yet and has completed principle photography twice with a year separation between both occurrences. Looks like a tax write off in progress as its not even adequate to be dumped on streaming.
Oh that’s too bad… since you must of already seen the film to know that it is not even fit for streaming

Vegas Disney Fan

In the spirit of Schadenfreude, now I am hoping this goes to streaming 😉

But the smart thing is to write it off, never to see the light of day.
That may have made sense before the reshoots, instead they saw the negativity over the magical friends photos and the stars statements and decided to throw more money at it and try to salvage it. I think they’re in way too deep now not to release it and make something back.

I hope I’m wrong and they ultimately release an enjoyable movie but my expectations have never been lower for a Disney film.

erasure fan1

That may have made sense before the reshoots, instead they saw the negativity over the magical friends photos and the stars statements and decided to throw more money at it and try to salvage it. I think they’re in way too deep now not to release it and make something back.

I hope I’m wrong and they ultimately release an enjoyable movie but my expectations have never been lower for a Disney film.
Its not like it can't happen. Take a look at the nightmare fuel that was the original sonic the hedgehog model. Those images were ridiculed as much as those magical creatures. But they went back, reworked what people didn't like, and had a very successful release. Enough to get a third movie and a spinoff show.

That said, do I think that Disney has the ability to fix it? Absolutely not, the talent just isn't there. But it isn't outside the realm of possibility. It did work for rogue one, but not so much for Solo, so who knows.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just pointing out that stating that Snow White does not even deserve streaming as fact…based on an interview from Rachael Zegler which some YouTubers have twisted to fit their political agendas is not fact

No, most Actors are not role models, nor well educated (there are exceptions of course like Mayim Bialik, Danica McKellar,
Dolph Lundgren to name a few)... they pretend to be someone else for a living, some better than others. I'm referring to the published images Disney released after the "magical creatures parade" image was leaked.

Tony the Tigger

Fiscal Q3 ends tomorrow, maybe they're trying to get the write-off in on time.
Hey, you’re back. 👍🏻
I think it will tank regardless as there's already a mob of people rooting for it to fail and getting money from YouTube ragebait.
I think you may overestimate their reach (?)
In this instance? "Traditional" Disney fans. You can define that however you want - family values, nuclear families, white, middle-class, 2.5 kids and a dog, patriarchal, old, straight, normative, etc - they know it when they see it.
If you think gay is automatically opposite of family values, that’s on you.

I’m gay, and my marriage has outlasted not only my straight siblings’ marriages, but also my parent’s (including their second marriages.)

We’re the best example of traditional family values after my late grandparents.

Welcome to no longer being a supermajority. The rest of us have put up with it for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom