Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
How do you know it was improved? Disney said it was making a live-action Snow White, never said anything about dwarfs except that it would consult with members of the dwarfism community to ensure sensitivity, then released the very first photo showing our beloved 7 characters complete with original names. From screening reviews it seems they are now like a band of merry men rather than diamond miners. That may have been their “new approach” after Peter Dinklage weighed in.

Anything else is speculation derived from various internet sites - with a great deal of extrapolation and interpretation.

There’s no harm in doing that sort of thing when you have no official information, but it’s amusing to me that people think Disney intended to make one type of movie, then pandered to one group and changed it, then pandered to a second group and changed it again.

I think they made the movie they originally intended, being particularly sensitive to how they are representing the dwarfs. At this point in time, there’s no credible evidence otherwise.

I dont. I do know that the information coming from Disney and its mouthpieces about this product has changed.

doctornick

Frankly, I'm applauding whatever group of people are actually listening to what some of the customers are saying and attempting to improve the product before they attempt to sell it.
This is my take. I’m actually extremely happy that Disney seems willing to at listen to their actual core fan base and roll back on at least some of the silly changes for the film. The entire idea of making a Snow White film but changing the fundamental characteristics of the original popular film was just stupid. You want to make a girl boss film with “magical creatures”? Great, go and do that - but don’t make it Snow White, just come up with a new premise.

If you are going to make a money grab live action remake, just stay true to the original. I’m not saying you can’t make some smaller updates, but don’t fundamentally change the film.

This new photo gives me hope that Disney is pivoting back to aiming for what audiences want as opposed to just making a film to advance principles regardless of whether it’s entertaining

Vegas Disney Fan

I just watched a great documentary on the making of National Lampoons Vacation, the original to Walley World, and it was interesting that after the film was finished it fell flat in test screenings so they completely changed and reshot the entire ending.

(Before the reshoot they kidnapped Roy Walley in his home, after the reshoot they kidnapped John Candy in the theme park and went on the rides, which is the payoff for the whole trip.)

I’m starting to suspect that making major changes after the film is more or less complete as a result of test screenings isn’t as uncommon as we may believe.

Maybe someday we’ll get a making of Snow White and know what actually happened.

Chi84

Premium Member
This is my take. I’m actually extremely happy that Disney seems willing to at listen to their actual core fan base and roll back on at least some of the silly changes for the film. The entire idea of making a Snow White film but changing the fundamental characteristics of the original popular film was just stupid. You want to make a girl boss film with “magical creatures”? Great, go and do that - but don’t make it Snow White, just come up with a new premise.

If you are going to make a money grab live action remake, just stay true to the original. I’m not saying you can’t make some smaller updates, but don’t fundamentally change the film.

This new photo gives me hope that Disney is pivoting back to aiming for what audiences want as opposed to just making a film to advance principles regardless of whether it’s entertaining
I don’t think they ever planned not to have dwarfs. But the film is going to be very different from the original. It has to be. There isn’t enough material in the original to support a full length live-action feature film.

LittleBuford

This is my take. I’m actually extremely happy that Disney seems willing to at listen to their actual core fan base and roll back on at least some of the silly changes for the film.
I don't think it's for you, or any of us, to decide who constitutes Disney's "actual core fan base". I consider myself a Pixie Duster through and through, and I don't share your views on this matter at all.

LittleBuford

Again you’re free to agree or disagree with her sentiment. But she didn’t merely call it a product of 1937, and her comments were objectively critical of the source material. And your post was a continuation of a thread which started with questioning why someone like Zegler was involved if she was “expressing disdain.”
I don’t view her comments as disdainful or even that critical. I find Pocahontas quite problematic by today’s standards and could list several things about it I take issue with, but I don’t consider myself critical of the film, which is one I still watch and enjoy.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It wasn’t too much reading. It was basic knowledge and common sense.

And now a delay of a year and release an image with 7 dwarves at the same time. What does common sense tell us?
Ok, so answer me this, where is Grumpy in that leaked photo? What does your common sense tell you about a missing actor who was cast almost a year before that photo was leaked and the character he is cast to play?

Tha Realest

I think they always intended to have the 7 dwarfs. The delay is easily attributable to the actors’ strike.
Unlikely; filming was completed in July 2022.

1698628188777.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think they always intended to have the 7 dwarfs.
Agreed, as still no one can answer the very simple question of "Where is Grumpy and the actor that is portraying him in that leaked set photo?". If that question can't be answered then one has to admit the very real possibility that the leaked set photo is not the "7 magical creatures" that everyone has such heartburn about.

LittleBuford

Agreed, as still no one can answer the very simple question of "Where is Grumpy and the actor that is portraying him in that leaked set photo?". If that question can't be answered then one has to admit the very real possibility that the leaked set photo is not the "7 magical creatures" that everyone has such heartburn about.
As you yourself noted, we can't know which characters are represented in the leaked photos. One possible answer to your question is that the little person is a stand-in for Klebba.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As you yourself noted, we can't know which characters are represented in the leaked photos. One possible answer to your question is that the little person is a stand-in for Klebba.
You mean the little person with the biggest smile on his face is suppose to be a stand-in for Grumpy? Yeah not likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom