Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

LittleBuford

That was last year when he stated that, so obviously thing could have changed from the time he made the statement to now. Also since that leaked photo was released no one ever brought up, especially not in this thread, that Kleeba was actually cast as Grumpy. Most just became outraged that Disney was replacing dwarfs in the movie with a band of Seattle Apple pickers, again not mentioning that Klebba was actually cast as one.
People repeatedly mentioned that (only) one of the pictured individuals was a little person. Sure, they didn't mention Klebba in this regard, but I don't see how that changes things.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
People repeatedly mentioned that (only) one of the pictured individuals was a little person. Sure, they didn't mention Klebba in this regard, but I don't see how that changes things.
Because if Klebba is indeed playing Grumpy (which I think we can all agree now), and if the 7 shown aren't stand-ins, then where is Klebba as the little person doesn't look like Grumpy nor Klebba to me.

So that puts the whole assumption of the leaked photo being the "7 magical creatures" in doubt, and as I mentioned likely debunked. So that changes everything in my opinion.

My guess is the leaked photo was actually showing villagers, which includes Maple Snow's friend, and Burnap's character.

LittleBuford

Because if Klebba is indeed playing Grumpy (which I think we can all agree now), and if the 7 shown aren't stand-ins, then where is Klebba as the little person doesn't look like Grumpy nor Klebba to me.

So that puts the whole assumption of the leaked photo being the "7 magical creatures" in doubt, and as I mentioned likely debunked. So that changes everything in my opinion.

My guess is the leaked photo was actually showing villagers, which includes Maple Snow's friend, and Burnap's character.
We have no way of knowing if the actor in that photo is meant to be Klebba's stand-in or relates to another character.

In any case, I've never drawn too many conclusions from the leaked production photos. They aren't the main basis of my assumption that the film was not going to feature the Seven Dwarfs in their traditional form.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We have no way of knowing if the actor in that photo is meant to be Klebba's stand-in or relates to another character.

In any case, I've never drawn too many conclusions from the leaked production photos. They aren't the main basis of my assumption that the film was not going to feature the Seven Dwarfs in their traditional form.
I agree we have no way of knowing, which was my whole point to begin with.

Maybe one day we'll learns if the "magical creatures" were originally intended to be more like "Robin's Merry Men" or were meant to be the CG depictions we now see.

Tha Realest

Exactly. This notion that it's just some nerd rage influencers is ridiculous. You don't lose as bad as they have unless you have pushed away a large portion of your fan base.
They’re either a small, insular, vocal minority, or they’re capable of taking down the theatrical slate of the biggest studio the world’s ever seen.

Pick one.

Brer Panther

In regards to the people involved in the remake expressing distain for the original... honestly, it's nothing new. I recall the folks behind Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast complaining about the originals as well (specifically, claiming that Belle and Jasmine weren't strong enough female characters).

erasure fan1

No where in that quote does it say those are indeed the "seven magical creatures", it was assumed. It also states there are stand-ins for some talent, that is not to indicate that all other of those actors are indeed in the film and its only Zegler and Burnap that were the only stand-ins.
I guess I'm confused as to why you think they didn't goof this whole thing up. If you take the quote, directly from Disney, they say some talent. And we know that snow and Burnaps character are for sure stand ins. The rest it says just "some" meaning there are real actors for the rest. And conveniently of which there are are seven. In a snow white and the SEVEN dwarfs remake. Then you point to the article saying just zegler and Burnap so those could be any characters, we don't know. Then you say one is snows childhood friend.

So again, why wouldn't if they weren't supposed to be the dwarfs, didn't they just say that when they had the chance? You keep saying everyone is assuming, but when it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. How hard would it have been for Disney to say something like,
"the photo that leaked was not an image of snow white or the seven dwarfs that will be in the film. It's from the production but uses stand ins for Zegler and Burnap and some other actors that do not represent the dwarfs that will be in our film."
All it would have taken was a small statement to clear this entire mess up. But they made a conscious decision to not correct what you are saying is assumed information. I'm sorry, I know you want to defend Disney and this film, but no matter what the truth really is, it was a mistake to not clarify it in my book. And for that they might have killed any chance this film had to be successful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I guess I'm confused as to why you think they didn't goof this whole thing up. If you take the quote, directly from Disney, they say some talent. And we know that snow and Burnaps character are for sure stand ins. The rest it says just "some" meaning there are real actors for the rest. And conveniently of which there are are seven. In a snow white and the SEVEN dwarfs remake. Then you point to the article saying just zegler and Burnap so those could be any characters, we don't know. Then you say one is snows childhood friend.

So again, why wouldn't if they weren't supposed to be the dwarfs, didn't they just say that when they had the chance? You keep saying everyone is assuming, but when it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. How hard would it have been for Disney to say something like,
"the photo that leaked was not an image of snow white or the seven dwarfs that will be in the film. It's from the production but uses stand ins for Zegler and Burnap and some other actors that do not represent the dwarfs that will be in our film."
All it would have taken was a small statement to clear this entire mess up. But they made a conscious decision to not correct what you are saying is assumed information. I'm sorry, I know you want to defend Disney and this film, but no matter what the truth really is, it was a mistake to not clarify it in my book. And for that they might have killed any chance this film had to be successful.
I appreciate your opinion but just disagree with it. And I've already explained why, but let me break it down again. There was never a confirmation that anyone in that photo was one of the "magical creatures". The only thing they confirmed was that it was a leaked set photo with some stand-ins. No indication of where or of whom the photo was of, just that it had some stand-ins including of Zegler and Burnap. And since we know that the actor playing Grumpy, who would be one of the "magical creatures" doesn't appear to be in that photo, and that the black actress (the talent) is playing a character named Maple, ie not one of the "magical creatures", leaving only 5 others left, its not hard to see now that its more than possible its not a photo of the "magical creatures" at all. But rather Snow, the Prince, Maple, and 5 other people who I would guess to be villagers maybe going apple picking or something. Hopefully we'll find out for sure when the movie comes out.

Yes maybe Disney should have just come out and said something like you posted. But as we know Studios don't just come right out and say what the public thinks they should in these type of situations, just not what publicists do. But the fact that they didn't doesn't make it a "screw up" in my opinion, obviously you feel differently. I hope you can appreciate my opinion, as I have done yours, even if you disagree with it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They were either touched twice or are just keeping their original version. Funny how sometimes Disney just does Disney and everyone ties themselves in knots over it.

Frankly, I'm applauding whatever group of people are actually listening to what some of the customers are saying and attempting to improve the product before they attempt to sell it.

Chi84

Premium Member
Frankly, I'm applauding whatever group of people are actually listening to what some of the customers are saying and attempting to improve the product before they attempt to sell it.
How do you know it was improved? Disney said it was making a live-action Snow White, never said anything about dwarfs except that it would consult with members of the dwarfism community to ensure sensitivity, then released the very first photo showing our beloved 7 characters complete with original names. From screening reviews it seems they are now like a band of merry men rather than diamond miners. That may have been their “new approach” after Peter Dinklage weighed in.

Anything else is speculation derived from various internet sites - with a great deal of extrapolation and interpretation.

There’s no harm in doing that sort of thing when you have no official information, but it’s amusing to me that people think Disney intended to make one type of movie, then pandered to one group and changed it, then pandered to a second group and changed it again.

I think they made the movie they originally intended, being particularly sensitive to how they are representing the dwarfs. At this point in time, there’s no credible evidence otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom