Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TMZ is on it, and isn't buying the "delayed due to the strike" bull.

They are just speculating like everyone else, this is tantamount to an opinion piece not news.

Notice how there are no insider quotes, not even anonymous ones, that indicate there was a real change.

TMZ is no better than the National Enquirer and their cover stories on Bat Boy, its fun to watch/read, but very little beyond trying to sell papers, or clicks in this case, in terms of real news.

TP2000

Pushed back to 2025? that’s (around) 1.5 years from its initial release date (from now to the projected release). It can be legitimately asked now if they are ever going to release it. It’s a strong possibility. Not saying it will happen but now in the realm of possibility.

I agree. There seems to be a real possibility that this film gets dumped onto Disney+ "for free" in 2025.

Or, it may be abandoned entirely and is never heard from again. But I'd bet two churros it just gets dumped onto Disney+ without a theatrical release.

Finally, this movie is now certainly part of a trend of films by Disney facing real headwinds and decreasing returns on investment, if it wasn’t before. It can’t be simply explained away by Disney+, the pandemic or any other number of ways. A company’s #1 job is to make money, we’ll see if Disney realizes that.

Exactly. The silver lining is that after losing over $800 Million at the box office in 2023, Disney execs finally seem to be realizing their mistakes. They are sending this movie back to the drawing board for rethinks and rewrites and refilming, and have replaced the Magical Creatures with actual Dwarves instead.

That's a good sign that Disney's studio executives are finally gaining self awareness and are course correcting.

In the end, I have no horse in this race it’s simply a very interesting saga unfolding in terms of the hows and whys of this movie.

Isn't it fascinating to watch?!? What a messy mess this thing has been for them the past few months.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it, especially not from Disney who used to really run a tight ship and have their messaging and marketing together. It would be really troubling if it weren't so darn funny to watch! 🤣

Tha Realest

TP2000

TMZ is no better than the National Enquirer and their cover stories on Bat Boy,

Bat Boy was covered extensively by the Weekly World News, not the Enquirer. That the WWN was still only in black and white in the early 90's helped immensely in its Bat Boy coverage. So creepy! I still remember just staring in awe at the supermarket checkstands at the continuing saga and latest sightings of Bat Boy, but not wanting to be seen by my neighbors picking up the paper and reading it.

Looking back on it now, I should have bought every single edition of the Weekly World News and put them in acid-free archival storage. One of the few major regrets I have about my life. :(

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Bat Boy was covered extensively by the Weekly World News, not the Enquirer. That the WWN was still only in black and white in the early 90's helped immensely in its Bat Boy coverage. So creepy! I still remember just staring in awe at the supermarket checkstands at the continuing saga and latest sightings of Bat Boy, but not wanting to be seen by my neighbors picking up the paper and reading it.

Looking back on it now, I should have bought every single edition of the Weekly World News and put them in acid-free archival storage. One of the few major regrets I have about my life. :(
Excuse me for getting my tabloid news rags mixed up. The point still remains, TMZ is still a tabloid nonetheless and that "article" you posted is no different than any other tabloid "story", there is no real news or scoop in it.

This whole thing on the dwarfs/magical creatures rework is still just speculation, and will likely never get real confirmation.

Disney Analyst

Excuse me for getting my tabloid news rags mixed up. The point still remains, TMZ is still a tabloid nonetheless and that "article" you posted is no different than any other tabloid "story", there is no real news or scoop in it.

This whole thing on the dwarfs/magical creatures rework is still just speculation, and will likely never get real confirmation.

Absolutely, and frankly until a movie is released, who cares?

Disney Analyst

Do you honestly not care that Disney has very probably introduced a bunch of CGI dwarfs at the eleventh hour in order to stave off criticism of the film as it was originally conceived?

Films can change drastically from concept, to what is originally filmed, to what is released, based on a multitude of factors.

Honestly the only thing I really care about is the finished product.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do you honestly not care that Disney has very probably introduced a bunch of CGI dwarfs at the eleventh hour in order to stave off criticism of the film as it was originally conceived?
The idea here is that no one here, and certainly neither do the people writing these articles, know if there really was an "eleventh" hour change. All we have is one unofficial leaked set photo that Disney I believe said had "stand-ins", and this now officially released photo showing CG dwarf looking characters. So maybe there was a change, or maybe these were the characters all along. Maybe one day someone will come out and give the real story, but until then none of this made up drama is important.

The only thing that is really is important is the final product and if it is good or not.

LittleBuford

Films can change drastically from concept, to what is originally filmed, to what is released, based on a multitude of factors.

Honestly the only thing I really care about is the finished product.
The issue for me is not that the film has changed; it's why and how. We've gone from something that promised to be original and different to something designed to appease and appeal to a bunch of reactionary detractors.

LittleBuford

The idea here is that no one here, and certainly neither do the people writing these articles, know if there really was an "eleventh" hour change. All we have is one unofficial leaked set photo that Disney I believe said had "stand-ins", and this now officially released photo showing CG dwarf looking characters. So maybe there was a change, or maybe these were the characters all along. Maybe one day someone will come out and give the real story, but until then none of this made up drama is important.

The only thing that is really is important is the final product and if it is good or not.
I agree the final product matters, but the process of how they get to that product also matters in my opinion.

Disney Analyst

The issue for me is not that the film has changed; it's why and how. We've gone from something that promised to be original and different to something designed to appease and appeal to a bunch of reactionary detractors.

I can fully understand why you feel the way you feel. I just haven’t put a lot of stock in the discourse, which is constant and continuous for all these films these days.

All I care about is that they hopefully get to a quality film, that is hopefully a success, which is doubtful at this point given all the surrounding drama.

LittleBuford

I can fully understand why you feel the way you feel. I just haven’t put a lot of stock in the discourse, which is constant and continuous for all these films these days.

All I care about is that they hopefully get to a quality film, that is hopefully a success, which is doubtful at this point given all the surrounding drama.
As you know, I was very much rooting for this film to succeed. I no longer care how it does.

erasure fan1

The idea here is that no one here, and certainly neither do the people writing these articles, know if there really was an "eleventh" hour change. All we have is one set photo that Disney I believe said had "stand-ins", and this now officially released photo showing CG dwarf looking characters.
You are right in the fact that no one really knows. But come on, if this wasn't a change, Disney deserves all the criticism they've received over the last few years. I firmly believe this is them absolutely trying to save face. Otherwise when the absolute horrendous picture leaked, they just say, hey that's not what we're doing and clear it all up. And that would have saved them months of being dragged through the mud.
Now this I agree with. They could learn a lot from the sonic the hedgehog movie. Just admit you screwed up, and are changing things. It did wonders for that film. But with the way Disney hs handled this whole thing, there's not much hope of saving it, even if it's good.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree the final product matters, but the process of how they get to that product also matters in my opinion.
I guess it matters if you care about how the "sausage" is made.

Really all the behind the scenes stuff used to never matter, it only become more prevalent and more of a focus as the internet and social media grew. The same with the box office performance, no one outside of Hollywood insiders use to care too much. Now you have amateur analysts tracking each failure like its a badge of honor.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think you’re both correct, I love speculating about the behind the scenes stuff but ultimately if the final product is great that’s all that matters.

There’s a great documentary on Toy Story and how the original characters and story didn’t work so it was completely redone, it’s fascinating seeing how it got to the end product but ultimately I’m just glad we got the end product we did.

Disney Analyst

I guess it matters if you care about how the "sausage" is made.

Really all the behind the scenes stuff used to never matter, it only become more prevalent and more of a focus as the internet and social media grew. The same with the box office performance, no one outside of Hollywood insiders use to care too much. Now you have amateur analysts tracking each failure like its a badge of honor.

It also has become a major focus of the rage farming online against Disney. It’s popular to hate on Disney, and any movie in general seen by that group as “woke”. There’s way more attention given now to the sausage being made then there was previously.

So I get where @LittleBuford is coming from, as it comes across that Disney has caved to that ridiculous mob.

But I also think what you are saying could also be true. We have no idea the context of the leaked image. For all we know it’s still part of the film in some way, or was a concept they started with and cut … or so many things.

Vegas Disney Fan

Any word on if the “other” Snow White is still keeping its release date?

It feels like they were kind of banking on being the alternative traditional version and now that Disneys (apparently) pivoted back towards the original story they’ve lost some of their thunder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom