Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Chi84

Premium Member
I was just being salty. Fact is we have no choice but to wait and see. These days I personally have less faith in TWDC creating a really great movie.

I think we already know SW2024 will cost more to make and market than it will bring at the box office really because they spend too much money making their films in general.

But maybe SW2024 will be not bad, not great, just OK.

Its different for everybody. I loved Elemental, other folks didn't like it or just thought it was OK.
I don’t expect greatness from a film about a Disney princess, but I do expect it to be entertaining.

One of the biggest problems with movies and TV series these days is poor screenplays. I remember seeing Independence Day: Resurgence and thinking the dialogue was written by a 5th grader. It was painful to sit through it and the actors must have been embarrassed to say those lines. The same holds true of some TV series.

I love WDW and the characters Disney created but I don’t mind seeing new interpretations of their animated films. All I ask is that they be quality productions.

I also don’t care about box office. If Disney can’t make successful films, that’s a real problem. For Disney.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think we already know SW2024 will cost more to make and market than it will bring at the box office really because they spend too much money making their films in general.
Watched this video yesterday, which I thought was interesting (don't think it was shared here??). Don't follow this channel, just popped up on my recommendations. Smaller subscribers but lots of views on this video. Everyone can take it as they wish of course.

DKampy

These people sound completely ignorant and totally ridiculous. Because they are.

“Boreing took a swipe today at Disney’s upcoming Snow White movie starring Rachel Zegler. Without providing specific evidence, Boreing claimed the House of Mouse’s film “will expose children to the popular but destructive lies of the current moment”.

The most pathetic part is there are people who will agree with that statement without anyone knowing what that means

Chi84

Premium Member
Please point out what she said that trashed the original 1937 Snow White… I must have missed it
She didn’t. She just pointed out how the film made 87 years later would leave out some of the more dated elements in order to appeal to modern audiences.

I watched the original recently. It has aged beautifully as a piece of art but I don’t believe it could be made into a modern feature film without significant changes.

Apparently Disney agrees because they are remastering the original and making a new 2024 movie that isn’t meant to be the same.

LittleBuford

Has anyone checked on Zegler lately? She hasn't come out and trashed her film's source material in a while.
The statements you're referring to all date from last year anyway. They went totally unnoticed when she (together with Gadot, who said pretty much the same thing) originally made them.

BuddyThomas

Has anyone checked on Zegler lately? She hasn't come out and trashed her film's source material in a while.
As others have said, you’ve somewhat mischaracterized her comments. Here is a very detailed article that goes into the whole thing:

Brian

As others have said, you’ve somewhat mischaracterized her comments. Here is a very detailed article that goes into the whole thing:

If it requires an entire article to try to justify her comments, perhaps her comments should have been better thought out (at minimum), especially as the leading lady of the film. Ideally, the studio has gotten her media trained now and she won't embarrass herself and the company when the pre-release press engagements start.

BuddyThomas

If it requires an entire article to try to justify her comments, perhaps her comments should have been better thought out (at minimum), especially as the leading lady of the film. Ideally, the studio has gotten her media trained now and she won't embarrass herself and the company when the pre-release press engagements start.
She didn’t embarrass herself.

BuddyThomas

She embarrassed TWDC... Except for Iger. He's fine with it. ;)
She didn’t embarrass anyone, including Disney or herself. She has 5 upcoming movies including the new Hunger Games next month which is expected to be a major hit. She already has 19 past award nominations and 4 wins. She’s going to be just fine, whether her trolls like it or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom