List of Things "To Do" as you watch PotC 2...

Did you enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest - ?

• It was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • I liked it!

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • I didn't like it.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

hokielutz

went to the show last night and I was really impressed. I agree with those who posted above that Davey Jones look sooo lifelike... it was really amazing. The story left me guessing the whole time and at the end I was already wanting to see the third.

To those who haven't seen the movie yet... please stop reading here...

Questions:
Why is Jack the monkey still imortal?
Also the cgi stuff is really good, except for the last scene of the movie that involves Jack and the Crackin'. Why is this scene so dissappointing from a realism standpoint?

dandaman

PirateJessica20 said:
at one point everyone in the theater gasped. It was insane...their isn't any other way to describe it, you'll see what I mean when you see it.

If you're talking about the very end (which I believe you are), then it was the exact same in our theatre last night. :lol:

Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. Davy Jones was unbelievable in terms of SFX. This movie had better win an Oscar for something, if not 10 things. :drevil:

Loved a lot of the "clever humour" parts in there.

cdunbar

I need the first 5 min. of dialouge someone! I didn't have sound for the 1st five min, I think I threatned to hit an employee if he didn't rewind it which he didn't! So just PM me, PLEASE!:cry:

dandaman

hokielutz said:
Questions:
Why is Jack the monkey still imortal?
Also the cgi stuff is really good, except for the last scene of the movie that involves Jack and the Crackin'. Why is this scene so dissappointing from a realism standpoint?

1. If you watch to the end of the credits in PotC1, you'll notice that the monkey takes back a piece of gold from the treasure chest of Cortez. (My mom was confused about this last night, as well.)

2. a) It's spelled "Kraken", like the SeaWorld Orlando roller coaster. ;)

b) Hey, I liked it. 'Course, you can't really call underwater ships and a condemned-for-all-eternity, seafood-faced crew "realism". :lol:

Northgurl24

Amazing....i was speechless after the movie. The plot and character development was way so much better then the first one. I loved the first one....but I ABSOLUTELY love the second one. I already have plans to see it again. I love how the ending kept u thinking and sets up perfectly for the 3rd one. I cant wait....gooooo see the movie if u havent yet!!!:wave:

NadieMasK2

Call me a disney lunatic I guess, but the new Disney opening had me bouncing up and down in my seat! I loved the graphics of the castle, and the flag on top. It was beautiful!

This movie was more graphic than the first. My youngest daughter had a blanket over her head almost the entire time, except for the scene on the island at the beginning which she laughed hysterically at. At parts I could feel her actually shaking against my arm!

DH has a question that was bugging him, spoiler warning!:

Why did Bootstrap look more normal than all the other souls on the Flying Dutchman? More human-like? Is it because he hasn't been there as long? Or is it because the audience couldn't identify with a Hammerhead as Will's father? :lol:

I threw my popcorn in the air at the end!
Actually, I didn't have any popcorn..
I just wanted to sound cool...
:cry:

By the way, I didn't hear this part.
(2) Look for Davey Jones and Jack and say "they're in the attraction now ")

mcbates23

I sawa the movie last night. Thought is was great. I didn't know they were going to show anything after the credits. Do you think they will have it on the DVD when it comes out? I don't want to spend about $7 to see 30 seconds. If someone here saw it can they PM me and tell me what happened. Thanks.

imagineer boy

NadieMasK2 said:
Why did Bootstrap look more normal than all the other souls on the Flying Dutchman? More human-like? Is it because he hasn't been there as long? Or is it because the audience couldn't identify with a Hammerhead as Will's father? :lol:

Because he wasn't on board the flying dutchman as long as the others. The thing is, is that the longer you stay on board Davy Jone's ship, the more like the sea you become. Bootstrap bill has been with the army for ten years and begame somewhat to get features of the sea such as coral growing on him, and a star fish on his face. If he stayed twenty more years or so, he'd probably start taking on the likelyness of a sea creature.

IcicleM

Nadiemask2

Bootstrap had only been on the ship for about 10 years or so, so he hadn't completely become like the other crew members. And you so the really old guy who actually had BECOME part of the ship? They described how he had really was serving out his life sentence of 100 years, and once you become part of Davy's Crew, you will forever remain part of his crew.

VulliamyWDW

The movie was AMAZING, in every way. It was far superior than the first and much darker, cgi was amazing - loved everything about it, all the ride jokes and i am sooooo G'd up for the 3rd. And this is probably the only time im glad i live in England as i saw the film 10.00 thursday morning!!! WOW just WOW. And for the clip after the credits it was only me and my friend still in the theatre and the guy that worked there was looking at us strangely, so we told him that there was a clip at the end and he said no one stayed for it for the two previous performances - i felt very special.:lol:

Enjoy the film for those who havent seen it yet.
Im now going to watch the first one :p
Slater.

Craig & Lisa

cdunbar said:
I need the first 5 min. of dialouge someone! I didn't have sound for the 1st five min, I think I threatned to hit an employee if he didn't rewind it which he didn't! So just PM me, PLEASE!:cry:
You must have been in the same theater my family and I were in last night in NJ, we saw alot of ads including the soundtrack on the right side of the screen and missed the first 5 minutes of dialog.:mad: Not a good way to set up the scene of the movie.

SpenceMan01

DHS Flo said:
Although I might not threaten physical violence, I'm so tired of the rudeness in movie theaters. It's gotten to a point where watching a movie isn't enjoyable at times. So let's all be respectful and not yell, talk on cell phones, throw things, or videotape in order to bootleg the movie (as occured at the theater I attended). To end on a lighter note...the movie was great!

That's precisely why:

A. I'm building my own home theater (when I get a house).
B. I'm so juiced about Bob Iger's desire to narrow the release window to having the DVD and theatrical versions released at the same time.

I can't stand how annoying people are at the theater, and it ruins the experience for me. Last time I went, somebody actually answered their phone and talked on it in the middle of the movie! I don't think people realize that the backlight shining in a dark theater annoys people too!

So, I'm adding this to the list:

Stand up right before the movie and announce in your best pirate voice:
"Keep yer ruddy cell phones silent and in yer pockets mateys. A walk off the plank and Davey Jones be waitin' for them what don't obey!"

browniebee

wdwishes2005 said:
I hope they pull a star wars on us. In the next 3 it happens before the first one.

I think that would be kinda fun, but I dunno how I'd feel about prequels. As long as it wouldn't be named Episode I: The Phantom Pirate and have Jar Jar Binks. :hurl:

Ha Ha thats soo funny. I saw the movie last night and I did all of these things before reading any of this. I am such a loser. BTW THe creepy cousin in 'Pride and Predjudice" is in this too. c if u can guess who.

ChuckElias

I voted for "I liked it". It was definitely not one of the best movies I've ever seen. Several people have mentioned that they liked the fact that it was "darker" than Curse. Well, that's exactly what I didn't like about it. In Curse, no matter what was going on, Jack, Will and "Lizzy" (as Jack calls her in Chest) LIKED each other. Even when Jack gives Will up, even when Will clocks Jack with the shovel, they like each other. When asked whose side Jack is on, Will answers -- with a smile!! -- "At the moment. . .?"

I didn't get that feeling in this movie at all. There were few if any genuinely funny lines ("There'll be no living with her after this"), and the funny lines that were in the movie were basically re-runs of jokes in the first movie ("Why is the rum gone?"). I also didn't like that fact that it's a cliffhanger. You have to go see Pirates 3 now. Curse was completely self contained (until the 30 seconds at the end of the credits). This movie is not, it doesn't really have an ending. That disappointed me.

The action was good, the Kraken (pronounced Kray-ken in the original Scandanavian) effects were very good, and I liked Davey Jones and his ship very much. And I have to say that Keira Knightly was absolutely fantastic, IMO. (Of course, I probably should admit that I have a mild crush on her. . .)

But overall, I just didn't think it was as fun as Curse, and I go to the movies for fun. JMO, of course. Also, I'm another one who didn't hear the line about being "in the attraction". I didn't spot the mayor being dunked either, although I admit that I forgot to watch for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom