List of Things "To Do" as you watch PotC 2...

Did you enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest - ?

• It was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • I liked it!

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • I didn't like it.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

ISTCrew20

I thought the movie was great. Did anyone else notice the old shacks in the water and the fireflys when they went to see Tia Dalma (which I thought were made to look like the beginning of Disneyland's Pirates)

ISTCrew20 said:
I thought the movie was great. Did anyone else notice the old shacks in the water and the fireflys when they went to see Tia Dalma (which I thought were made to look like the beginning of Disneyland's Pirates)

lol and them dunking the Mayor into the well!! LOL

Entertainment Weekly gave it a D+...why?!?!

This is why I never listen to critics.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PirateJessica20 said:
lol and them dunking the Mayor into the well!! LOL

Entertainment Weekly gave it a D+...why?!?!

This is why I never listen to critics.
Movie and other critics are the ultimate in irony.What I have observed is when a person becomes too knowledgeable and too deeply involved in a subject their opinions become radically skewed from what the general public will think. They can only find fault with what is on the screen and can no longer enjoy any movie.

I love movies that are deep and really make you think but then again I love movies of the American Pie ilk as well as well.

We see the same thing on this site quite frequently. Some people are so deep into the most insignificant details that they no longer find any joy in what they once loved so deeply.

shoppingnut

amykissangel said:
Wow, they're really pushing this "Lady in the Water" movie. First, a preview before "The Lakehouse," then a preview before "Superman," now one before "Pirates." Although, to be fair, Pirates previews were before a lot of movies as well.;)

And it seems like every NYCTA bus had the advertising stuck on the side of the bus. I'm sick of seeing it.

I really really liked it, and thought that it was a step up from the first movie. However, I was the only person I talked to that thought that. Everyone else is a bigger fan of the Curse. Oh well.

The audience was great though..laughing at everything, cheering, gasping. It was the first time I was at a midnight showing and with those hardcore fans, it was fun!

edit: changed..might have been a spoiler ;-)

Chape19714

Yes...the fireflies are most deifinately a tribute. That sequence reminded me very much of DL's version. I was actually waitng for a boat to pass by or the camera to turn and see a bunch of people eating at Blue Bayou.

I thought the new Walt Disney Pictures intro was fantastic! I really want to see it again. Dang, I guess that means I'll have to see PoTC2 again as well. Darn! (Heavy sarcasm)

browniebee

I really liked the new Disney intro. The movie was good, but I have to see it again before I decide if it's one of the best I've seen. The credits took forever, like omg there were so many. But the little scene after it was cute and funny. Maybe I'll watch PotC 1 tongiht.

IcicleM

I personally loved the movie. I get into movies a lot, like when I'm seeing them, I laugh at the funny parts, I applaud when a villain gets punched, or when there's a funny conversation, haha, like when the one pirates (gosh I don't remember his name, so I'll call him Eyeball) was talking about the argument that was ensueing. No spoiler, there, but all who have seen it know what I'm talking about.

I loved the Transformers trailer, even though it was short. The movie looks dark, detailed, and graphic, I can't WAIT.

The 30 seconds at the end was refreshing, haha. It made me feel better, lets just say.

And my mom SWORE TO GOD that the "new opening" was and old opening they used to use, but I know she is absolutely and sorely mistaken with the "ABC Original Disney Movie" thing that they showed every time before a Disney Movie on ABC, with Tinker Bell and stuff. She thinks that it was the same thing back in the day, but then they used the Disneyland Castle. I was like "Mom, back in 'the day' they didn't have the technology to do things like that, it's ALWAYS been the blue screen with the white sillouette." I hate it when my mom does that. -_-'

Awesome movie, but my audience SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED. They were absolutely awful, and the theatre was packed. It was a 5:00 movie, and barely anyone laughed, there were tiny little kids with their dads and moms who shouldn't have been seeing the movie, because it either scared them, or they didn't understand so they asked their parents. Ugh, they were just terrible. I tried making up for their awful reactions by laughing as hard as possible at the funny parts, and trying to get them involved by clapping when it was something that you just looked at and thought "this is rediculously and hilariously AWESOME!"

Davy Jones blew my mind *bows to Bill Nighy*

ccmuffin2

I sat for a hour & half inside the after waiting outside for 45 min for a Midnight show on Thursday night. At 10:45 I thought to myself it would of been great if Disney offered a Double Feature starting at around 9:30 pm showing Pirates 1 & then Dead Man's Chest at Midnight for a special price.How many people would of Went to that Theatre ?

CaptainMichael

The new Disney opening is awesome. It looked to me like it was a composite of the three castles, but I could be wrong. It looked most like Cinderella Castle, but not exactly.

makonyy15

Don't want to spoil it for anyone but can someone tell me/PM me about what happened after the credits? I was with a big group who refused to say nor had I seen this thread yet. I absolutely loved the movie though!

wdwishes2005

CommandoDisney said:
i really liked it. at some points it seemed a little long, but that may have been because it was 1am. theres a lot more going on, a lot of twists, a lot more character development and a lot more action. its darker than the first and my mom thought it was funnier too. its like they took the first movie and "plussed" everything. id give a more descriptive review, but i know people would get mad.
Went to the midnight screening too?

WeLComeHomE OKW

it was a great movie. great build up to the third one as well. I thought it could have had a better story arc, but it was still great. Amazing effects, Davy Jones was certainly the most realistic CGI character I have ever seen. Infact, he looked real. I thought they found the actual Davy Jones and had him act, lol. Damnd good job.

pluto77

TAC said:
  • Keira Knightley had to wear hair extensions because she had cut her hair short for her role in Domino (2005).
  • The gigantic wheel weighed at 1800 pounds standing at 18 feet tall.
  • This was first time Johnny Depp portrayed the same character in more than one movie
  • In June of 2006, the "Flying Dutchman" set ship was towed to Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line's private island where it was displayed in promotion release of the movies.
  • The Black Pearl is the only ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and its sequel which operate under power. All others are built atop other ships such as barges with only the portions seen by the cameras completed.
Thanks, that was interesting. :wave:I haven't seen the movie yet. :cry:

About Johnny Depp portraying the same character in more than one movie, I read in my newspaper that Depp says he's game to play Jack Sparrow for endless sequals, athough I'm sure they'll stop at three. :animwink: I think Jack Sparrow is one of my favorite characters of all time.

celestia

TAC said:
  • The Black Pearl is the only ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and its sequel which operate under power. All others are built atop other ships such as barges with only the portions seen by the cameras completed.

The last fact isn't true. The Lady Washington was used to portray several ships in this movie, as well as the Interceptor in the first movie. It is a self-powered boat from Oregon/Washington that was brought down through the panama canal for the taping of all 3 movies.

http://ladywashington.org/

durangojim

Thought it was a great, fun movie, can't wait for PotC 3! And I want that new Disney intro as the background on my desktop! Anyone else notice that it is a conglomeration of both the WDW and Disneyland castles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom